Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 18, 2014, 01:55:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rainbow Bridge  (Read 923 times)
poka-bee
Super Bee

I am NEVER bored!!

« on: April 11, 2010, 09:55:32 AM »

You all know I have an Aussie Maddy.  She turned 15 on March 20th.  Well, last Tue Amanda and I had to help her over the Rainbow Bridge.  Those of you who have animals, specially dogs will know how heavy my heart is. She has been with me longer than any of my husbands or boyfriends.  She was my rock here through thick & thin, always here with her cute face, always glad to see me, you know, dog stuff!  She was always my cry hugger, leaning into me, letting me sob at the death of both Mom & Dad and a gazillion other of life's downs. I am at a loss now cause she is the one I'm bawlin about and there is nothing to hug.  Cats by the way do not appreciate such intimacy! The process was very serene, my vet is wonderful and caring.  We kept her in the back of my car, feeding her  "cookies"(what she lived for these last few years) until the assistant came out with the tranq hugging, petting and giving her treats till she fell asleep.  A few minutes later the vet came out and gave her the shot. I kept my face on hers, hands under her chin letting her smell me telling her what a good dog she was, Amanda was hugging her from the other side. (she was deaf but I think she got the feeling) how we loved her and that it was OK to go.  I felt her breath get shallower, slower, then she was gone.  I knew it before the Dr checked for a heartbeat.  Buried her in the pasture with the goats & horse...literally..I dug up what I thought was a tree root, wondering why it was where it was..oops! Found where I had put one of the goats! Of all the places to dig, oh well, they did so enjoy playing together.  I planted a tree there so I know next time. Still walk around where she used to sleep and think I hear her scratching the back door to get in, still look for her face to peek around the side of the house when I come home.  Will take some time to work through it all just like losing Mom & Dad you don't realize what a huge part of your life they are until there is that deafening silence.  Well, now that I have thoroughally depressed all of you I need to go to Church.  Thanks for listening, it helps to get it out, part of the healing I hope!

Jody

I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 10:23:52 AM »

sorry about your loss. i understand that hole in your life.  it's the bad part of owning animals, but the price we pay for the joy they give us.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 05:11:35 PM »

<<<HUGS>>>

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
hardwood
Galactic Bee

Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 06:27:42 PM »

Jody,
I'm so sorry to hear this, I know from your posts that you really loved your friend! My best friend (a black lab named Koa) passed at the age of 15 about 8 years ago and I still think of her every day. Thankfully my thoughts are not of my own sorrow anymore, but of what a blessing she was in my life and of how I feel lucky to have had those wonderful years with her. My heart goes out to you.

Scott

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 06:42:46 PM »

Loss of a best friend is hard indeed. Sorrow to hear of the passing.
lmehaffey
House Bee

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 07:20:55 PM »

PLease add my sympathies to those posted here. My dogs are always family memebrs, too...on the same par as my kids (no, wait: a little higher status, I think  Wink) Funny about your comment that your Aussie had been with you longer than any of your husbands: my wife (we married mid-life) said the same thing about our black Lab, Zeus! It was a sad and difficult time for all of us when we had to help him cross -- couldn't bear the thought of replacing him for several years until a rescue Lab came our way, followed by a second Lab puppy a few months later. I'll think of you and your loss in my prayers.....

It is what it is.......except when it isn't.
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 09:28:37 PM »

I had a hard time clicking on this thread because I know exactly how you feel.  My four-legged daughter with a tail - I miss her so.  It's been four years now, but that hole is still there.  You can't replace them, really, but you can love another one - and I'm about due for another one.

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 11:11:52 PM »

I like how Ann expressed it. You will never forget this wonderful pet, but hopefully one day you can open up your heart to another in need.

I had a very unusual cat for 9 years. She was like a dog in her affections towards me. Warm and cuddly and knew what I needed.

I am sure a dog is even more of an attachment and it must be very hard for you.

Take care
Annette
cidersabuzzin
House Bee

vroom... vroom... but more like phut** phut**!

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2010, 03:43:30 AM »

Thanks for listening, it helps to get it out, part of the healing I hope!

Jody

Thanks for sharing that, a dog is next to a human and sometimes can be a greater loss! We had to do the same with Holly our Cocker a couple of years ago, now in the garden with a pot of flowers over her as a reminder.
With best regards
cider

Whats good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?
The Ladies could still teach the Borg a thing or two!....and maybe us too, so long as we don't go too far to the left or right and fall off the edge...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next