Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 28, 2014, 07:51:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This is Chilling  (Read 1884 times)
Robo
Technical
Administrator
Galactic Bee

Beekeep On!

« on: March 31, 2010, 08:37:07 PM »

An email I received today.

In 1952 President Truman established one day a year as a "National Day of Prayer."

In 1988, President Reagan designated the
 first Thursday in May of each year as the National Day of Prayer.

In June 2007, (then) Presidential candidate Barack Obama declared that the
 USA was no longer a Christian nation.

This year President Obama, canceled the
 21st annual National Day of Prayer ceremony at the White
 House under the rouse of "not wanting to offend anyone"

On September 25, 2009 from 4 am until 7 pm, a National Day of Prayer for the Muslim religion was
 held on Capitol Hill, beside the White House. There were over 50,000 Muslims that day in DC.

I guess it doesn't matter if "Christians" are offended by this event -
 we obviously don't count as "anyone" anymore.

The direction this country is headed should strike fear in the heart of every Christian.
 Especially knowing that the Muslim religion believes that if Christians cannot be
 converted they should be annihilated

This is not a rumor - Go to the website to confirm this info: ( http://www.islamoncapitolhill.com/ )

We must pray for our nation, our communities, our families, and
 especially our children. They are the ones that are going to suffer the most if we don't PRAY!

May God have mercy..IN GOD WE TRUST.

Please pass this on, maybe someone, somehow can figure out a way to put America
 back on the map as it  was when we were growing up, a safe place to live and by
 the Ten Commandments and Pledge of Allegiance, etc!

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 11:28:10 PM »

I'm in baghdad and I see more tolerance from the muslims here than I do in America. At least here they only cut your head off in America they ban you completly

Keith
BeeHopper
Queen Bee

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 08:17:49 AM »

[Barack Obama] We will Fundamentally Transform America [Barack Obama]

He said it back then, he's doing it now.

angry

c10250
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 09:48:25 AM »

Spreading any information before you check if it's true or false is completely irresponsible. These are truly my Christian beliefs. Before you spread anything (TRUE OR FALSE), you really should go to a reputable web site and check out whether or not what you are spreading is BS.

We've heard it all . . . most of it is complete BS.  I can't tell you how many times the Libs or the Conservatives will post something to a forum that is complete BS.  Hell, I actually read the other day (on this forum) where Obama took the American Flag off of Airforce 1.  People read this crap and believe it. I guess it just goes to show how gullable we all are.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/photos/prayerday.asp
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 10:29:19 AM by c10250 » Logged
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 10:05:18 AM »

what's sad is that you actually have to fact check something like this.  maybe if it didn't seem like something this prez would do....fact checking wouldn't be such a big thing?

pointing out an error is one thing.  we all make errors and i appreciate it if one if mine is brought to my attention.  HOW those errors are pointed out make all the difference in how that correction in taken.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
c10250
House Bee

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 10:27:32 AM »

Point taken.  I've toned it down a little.  You are indeed correct.

I think the problem lies in a mental short-circuit when it comes to posting or saying anything on the internet. It would be a good psych study.  Why in the heck we say things, or post things, and think nothing about it.  If asked to say them to a persons face, or to spread the rumor by mouth, we would think twice.

What completely baffles me though, is someones willingness to forward information that is completely false (not picking on the original poster here).  Take 20 seconds and do a quick fact check.  Then ask yourself, "do I still want to post this".

I think it's great that the school system my kids go to now teaches "critical thinking".  They run "critical thinking" exercises all the time.  It's a great way to get the kids to think about something they hear, instead of taking everything they read as true.  I wish more adults would use "critical thinking".

peace
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 10:42:07 AM »

not to worry.  i have had my virtual hand slapped by the mods for popping off.   evil

critical thinking is a skill.  if your kids school teaches it, it is a rare school.  even journalism schools seem to have left off that part of the curriculum.

people post things on the internet in the same way those of us who are old, used to photo copy news articles and tack them on the bulletin board.  it strikes a cord and it sounds true.  how many people fact check their newspaper or evening news?  probably not many.  if you take the time to do it, you'll find that there is almost as much crap in paper print as there is on the 'net.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 02:03:45 PM »

Kathy:

You prove the point perfectly... You hand was NOT virtually slapped by  "MOD" here, it was virtually slapped by an ADMIN  tongue

So, 20 seconds of research could indeed have made you post more accurate - unless of course, there was a slapping I didn't know about  rolleyes

Nanny nanny foo foo and ALWAYS virtual HUGS

John

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 02:21:33 PM »

i think i have been slapped by both, but that takes nothing away from admin slaps   evil

Alexis de Tocqueville
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2010, 02:26:47 PM »

It is said that 99% of false rumors started from a true fact. It just got sidetracked and expanded.

As Cathy said, if Obama didn't act in a way that these things could be believed, they wouldn't live to travel.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
c10250
House Bee

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2010, 03:31:17 PM »

It is said that 99% of false rumors started from a true fact. It just got sidetracked and expanded.

As Cathy said, if Obama didn't act in a way that these things could be believed, they wouldn't live to travel.

I agree with the fact that most false rumors start from a true fact, however, I shy away from even tacitly blaming the victim of an attack because of how the victim behaves.

. . . . she wouldn't have been a victim if she only behaved differently . . .  or
. . . I can understand how she could become a victim by the way she acted . . .

doesn't quite sit right with me.

We have plenty of legitimate things to complain about with Obama, we don't need to create any, nor even tacitly justify made up complaints.

iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2010, 05:22:47 PM »

Let me make sure i understand you. Are you saying a nun raped in a convent isn't any worse than a prostitute being raped in skid row?

I can't say that I would agree with that. Not by a long shot.

Another way to put it.......

If you play with fire, you can expect to be burned.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
c10250
House Bee

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2010, 06:35:33 PM »

Let me make sure i understand you. Are you saying a nun raped in a convent isn't any worse than a prostitute ...

Wow.  That's a slippery slope.  I would suggest re reading my post. What i stated was that you should never justify a wrong by blaming the victim.

iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2010, 07:03:04 PM »

There is no black and white. Only shades of gray.  Wink

*Shel Silverstein*
c10250
House Bee

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2010, 10:12:01 AM »

not to worry.  i have had my virtual hand slapped by the mods for popping off.   evil

critical thinking is a skill.  ....  even journalism schools seem to have left off that part of the curriculum.

people post things on the internet in the same way those of us who are old, used to photo copy news articles and tack them on the bulletin board.  it strikes a cord and it sounds true.  how many people fact check their newspaper or evening news?  probably not many.  if you take the time to do it, you'll find that there is almost as much crap in paper print as there is on the 'net.

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2010/04/07/fact_fiction_media/index.html

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2010, 10:27:56 AM »

the first contribution i ever made to salon was to challenge their article on the Bush reserve drill point story.  they were  so very convinced they had THE thing that would get bush.  it was the most poorly researched article i have ever read.  they could have called any drilling E2 reservist and gotten the facts on drill points. 
i enjoy Salon for it's knee jerk liberalism, but i have never considered them a credible news source......even so, thanks for the link.  grin

Alexis de Tocqueville
c10250
House Bee

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2010, 01:21:59 PM »

I never heard of the rag before.  It was on Google news, and I though it was relevant to our discussion.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2010, 01:32:48 PM »

it's not a bad site for knowing what libs are thinking.  it's been around for a long time.  most of the time it does not attract the loony left as Huff does.  at least not in the articles.  the discussions can be a different animal.  smiley

i was not complaining.  i assumed you picked them to point out that even the left can see the distortion of news....even if they claim that most of the distortion is from the right  grin

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next