Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 22, 2014, 04:36:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Healthcare Passes!!!  (Read 6256 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2010, 07:02:05 PM »

missed it.

people ask about it from time to time.  i tell them that it is representative of my schizophrenic personality.  Gemini.   evil

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
woodchopper
House Bee

« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2010, 09:11:58 PM »

Stole this from another forum:
 Let me get this straight. We're going to be gifted with a health care plan written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that hasn't read it but exempts themselves from it, to be signed by a president who also hasn't read it and who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke. grin

Every man looks at his wood pile with a kind of affection- Thoreau
beee farmer
House Bee

« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2010, 11:17:56 PM »

By all means lets maintain the status quo!

that is a ridiculous statement on a lot of levels.  mostly because it proves that you did not educate yourself, but can repeat liberal talking points.

if i did say to you that "it's just the way that it is.  some people will die and there is nothing we can do about it", what would be your reaction?

That is not worth responding to Kathy  I do apologise for being a bit sarcastic, but it is presumptious and biased of you to assume that I didn't do my research, that I only view and consider a one party view,(because you are incorrect)  simply because I come to a conclusion that is diffrent from your own.

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do"  Benjamin Franklin
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2010, 12:03:34 AM »

what conclusion can i come to when you spit out the liberal talking point "status quo"?  wonder how many nancy, harry, steny, youtube bits i can find with that sound bite?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2010, 12:15:06 AM »

http://www.redstate.com/tabithahale/2010/03/25/rachel-maddow-incites-violence/

had to pass this along because it pretty much sums the whole things up.  personality, vocabulary, inflection, verbiage.  this has it all!

Alexis de Tocqueville
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2010, 08:41:22 AM »

http://www.redstate.com/tabithahale/2010/03/25/rachel-maddow-incites-violence/

had to pass this along because it pretty much sums the whole things up.  personality, vocabulary, inflection, verbiage.  this has it all!
Why didn't the blogger mention the gun threats?  That was the worst of what the woman said, and that's what the lamestream media would have focused on.  As for RM, she makes me sick, just as Janeane Garafalo does.  Two ranting, raving loons.

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2010, 10:30:39 AM »

i have that other one that you probably have also.  won't post it here.  the language is to bad. 

the other thing about it is the racial component.  is it possible that in 1 generation the black population could really believe that all their past woes come from the right?  how in the heck did that happen?

Alexis de Tocqueville
beee farmer
House Bee

« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2010, 07:48:35 PM »

what conclusion can i come to when you spit out the liberal talking point "status quo"?  wonder how many nancy, harry, steny, youtube bits i can find with that sound bite?

Ok I guess you got me, I do not use or view You Tube as a viable research resource, you out research me. As a point of consideration I learned the term "status quo"  in college and use it as an english form of expression
"status quo   /kwoʊ/  Show Spelled[kwoh]  
–noun
the existing state or condition"  

NOT as a sound bite   Gheez~!

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do"  Benjamin Franklin
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2010, 10:25:26 AM »

More comes out everyday:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/03/26/little-known-long-termhealth-care-provision-budget-buster-say-critics/%20/?test=latestnews
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2010, 10:40:17 AM »

bf, it's handy.  we used to " "  things and then people would have to verify the quote.  now we can just post the person actually saying the words.  great for lazy researchers  evil

it seems to be the norm that the people have one interpretation of words, and the government has another.  representative is a good example.

Alexis de Tocqueville
beee farmer
House Bee

« Reply #70 on: March 28, 2010, 11:01:33 PM »

Miss Kathy, 
  Now theres a statement I agree with you on.  On both points. Quotations, Vid clips and sound bites can all be presented or taken out of context to represent what ever view the person putting them together wants to present. 
  Goverment Represenative, Military Intellegence, Civil War, Resistance Movement and Sweet Sorrow are excellent examples paradoxical oxymorons

thebalvenie
House Bee

Vote Ron Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2010, 01:35:31 PM »

i'm a big fan and supporter of Ron Paul's message and platform of limited govt and Austrian Economics....here's what Dr. Paul wrote in Sept of 2009:

For decades the insurance industry has been lobbying for mandated coverage for everyone.  Imagine if the cell phone industry or the cable TV industry received such a gift from government?  If government were to fine individuals simply for not buying a corporation’s product, it would be an incredible and completely unfair boon to that industry, at the expense of freedom and the free market.  Yet this is what the current healthcare reform plans intend to do for the very powerful health insurance industry.

The stipulation that pre-existing conditions would have to be covered seems a small price to pay for increasing their client pool to 100% of the American people.  A big red flag, however, is that they would also have immunity from lawsuits, should they fail to actually cover what they are supposedly required to cover, so these requirements on them are probably meaningless. Mandates on all citizens to be customers of theirs, however, are enforceable with fines and taxes.

Insurance providers seem to have successfully equated health insurance with health care but this is a relatively new concept.  There were doctors and medicine long before there was health insurance.   Health insurance is not a bad thing, but it is not the only conceivable way to get health care.   Instead, we seem to still rely on the creativity and competence of politicians to solve problems, which always somehow seem to be tied in with which lobby is the strongest in Washington.

It is sad to think of the many creative, free market solutions that government prohibits with all its interference.  What if instead of joining a health insurance plan, you could buy a membership directly from a hospital or doctor?  What if a doctor wanted to have a cash-only practice, or make house calls, or determine his or her own patient load, or otherwise practice medicine outside the constraints of the current bureaucratic system?  Alternative healthcare delivery models will be at an even stronger competitive disadvantage if families are forced to buy into the insurance model.  And yet, the reforms are sold to us as increasing competition.

What if just once Washington got out of the way and allowed the ingenuity of the American people to come up with a whole spectrum of alternatives to our broken system?  Then the free market, not lobbyists and politicians, would decide which models work and which did not.

Unfortunately, the most broken aspect of our system is that Washington sees the need to act on every problem in society, rather than staying out of the way, or getting out of the way.  The only tools the government has are force and favors.  These are tools that many unscrupulous and lazy corporations would like to wield to their own advantage, rather than simply providing a better product that people will willingly buy.  It seems the health insurance industry will get more of those advantages very soon.

by Ron Paul (09-14-2009)

"Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito"
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #72 on: March 30, 2010, 02:34:14 PM »

he was right about that also.  one of the biggest drivers of cost is that a 3rd party has been involved.  1st people demanded that they be covered by insurance, then didn't like that fact that it cost so much.  it's kind of like buying your veggies from the farmers market gives you a chance to make choices and deals, but when you shop in the grocery store the price and selection are fixed.

what the insurance companies must realize is that the way this bill is written, it will destroy the private insurance market.  they will have to raise prices to the point that average people and businesses will not be able to afford a policy.  eventually, the government will step in again and we will have single payer.  worse than what has been done in other countries, we won't  have the option of insurance at any cost.  if they follow the hillarycare example, we won't  be able to buy services for cash. 

then there is the destruction of innovation in technology and drugs.....not only will this be a disaster, but we will degrade much faster than the european medical system has.  a huge number of our doctors are reaching retirement age.  why would any kid go into medicine and incure the education costs only to end up in a government system?  eventually, the government will have to step in to the medical education problem also.  as the system degrades, it will be harder to attract those bright  young minds that go into medicine and research now.

Alexis de Tocqueville
thebalvenie
House Bee

Vote Ron Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2010, 04:45:34 PM »

he was right about that also.  one of the biggest drivers of cost is that a 3rd party has been involved.  1st people demanded that they be covered by insurance, then didn't like that fact that it cost so much.  it's kind of like buying your veggies from the farmers market gives you a chance to make choices and deals, but when you shop in the grocery store the price and selection are fixed.

what the insurance companies must realize is that the way this bill is written, it will destroy the private insurance market.  they will have to raise prices to the point that average people and businesses will not be able to afford a policy.  eventually, the government will step in again and we will have single payer.  worse than what has been done in other countries, we won't  have the option of insurance at any cost.  if they follow the hillarycare example, we won't  be able to buy services for cash. 

then there is the destruction of innovation in technology and drugs.....not only will this be a disaster, but we will degrade much faster than the european medical system has.  a huge number of our doctors are reaching retirement age.  why would any kid go into medicine and incure the education costs only to end up in a government system?  eventually, the government will have to step in to the medical education problem also.  as the system degrades, it will be harder to attract those bright  young minds that go into medicine and research now.

"Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next