Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 31, 2014, 02:22:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Healthcare Passes!!!  (Read 5758 times)
hankdog1
Field Bee

« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2010, 11:21:57 PM »

Kathy it's gonna be more then a year it's hard to tell how long this will drag out before you get a final court ruleing on it.  It's a shame it's had to come to this since it's something that is so unpopular. 

Take me to the land of milk and honey!!!
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2010, 12:13:06 AM »

in less than a year we can change congress and limit further damage.  they are not done.  if we don't check them, they will continue with the agenda.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
beee farmer
House Bee

« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2010, 01:20:58 AM »

I can say whole heartedly i have never taken a red cent from the government unemployment or otherwise.  I beleave to stand on my own two feet and claw my way to the top is the only way.  I'll probably buy some stupid little health insurance plan here in the future just to avoid jail.  I thought we already fought and won our independance from a opressive government.  I could be wrong but it seems like the 4th of July is appearently more about fireworks then it is remembering what that day means to all americans. 

I too have never drawn unemployment or any other form of benifits from the goverment.  But I have repeatedly observing close friends, family broken and strangerts  bankrupted by healthcare bills and or lack of ( ie.. having their policies that they had paid on for years cancelled after prolonged illness or unability to afford it).  I personally take a percentage of what me and my family make now and give it to a good friends widow to help her raise the twins (now in  High School)  though well off before being diagnosed with cancer they are essentially broke after treating him untill the  cancer killed him.  or maybe watching my daughter have to pay 40% of their total income to cover her ( a woman of projected child bearing years) and have her added to her husbands work policy.  By all means lets maintain the status quo!  I agree that this bill is not perfect but ast least they are trying to do somthing!  Maybe if someone with the nads get somting started it can be amended and conformed into somthing ... heck anything that would be better than what we have now.  I could ignore everyone that is "unlucky" and just observe how I am doing and say this new bill is BS .. but that would be unresponsable and selfserving.

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do"  Benjamin Franklin
hankdog1
Field Bee

« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2010, 03:50:56 AM »

beee farmer i see your point and agree many that do suffer from one problem or another get the shaft.  the government is the last place we should look for help though medicare is down the tubes and social security.  It doesn't make any sense that they aren't gonna shaft people too.  Heck if you really want to fix the problem and i know before i say this i'm probably gonna catch flak from someone.  But you need to stand up in church and say hey maybe we should help people out in our community instead of sending some missionary off to god knows where.  Maybe we don't need to replace our 42" TV for a 60" and give that money to a charity that helps these people.  They don't need to reform heathcare people need to reform the way they think.  I know i give to a charity that helps kids who's parents can't afford proper medical care.  But in the end for the government it's just another way to gain control.  Watch and see if the next move here shortly isn't to grant amnesty to illegals.

c10250
House Bee

« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2010, 08:03:43 AM »

.... Watch and see if the next move here shortly isn't to grant amnesty to illegals.

Obama will never do this.  Bush tried to do this but failed.  Just because you have some crazy dems out there pushing for this doesn't mean it will happen.  Hell, PRESIDENT Bush tried to push amnesty, and the congress shot that down.

Ken
c10250
House Bee

« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2010, 08:08:27 AM »

...  Heck if you really want to fix the problem ...you need to stand up in church and say hey maybe we should help people out in our community instead of sending some missionary off to god knows where.  Maybe we don't need to replace our 42" TV for a 60" and give that money to a charity that helps these people.  .... .

With all do respect here, I don't think you understand the crazy amount of money involved.  I don't think that not replacing TV sets will seriously dent 1/6th of our economy.  We are talking about thousands of dollars for every man, woman, and child in this country, not a trip to Botswana, or a plasma TV.
BeeHopper
Queen Bee

« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2010, 08:34:22 AM »

.... Watch and see if the next move here shortly isn't to grant amnesty to illegals.

Obama will never do this.  Bush tried to do this but failed.  Just because you have some crazy dems out there pushing for this doesn't mean it will happen.  Hell, PRESIDENT Bush tried to push amnesty, and the congress shot that down.
Ken

Means nothing now, the Dems want Amnesty, they just did not want a Republican President to get credit for it. Obama wants to go down in History as the President that signed into Law all the " Social Justice " Programs, Amnesty is one of them.
Bigeddie
House Bee

« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2010, 09:59:39 AM »

If I could opt out of social security, beleive me, I would.  But I can't, and after pouring probably hundreds of thousands of dollars into it, yes, when I retire, I'll be trying my hardest to get that money back out.  Not that I have much hope at this point.

Hey people, I for one am anti government, oh not really anti government, just anti pollitician, I am for a clean house in washington (time for a new revolution), but lets be honest, no one has paid hundreds of thousands into social security, and the biggest problem is most will get much more out than they have paid in.

You might want to rethink your statement. If you are an employer you pay 1/2 of your employees S.S. and all of your own. If you have  20 employees you could pay $50,000 in one year.

God bless Us all!!
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2010, 10:02:22 AM »

By all means lets maintain the status quo!

that is a ridiculous statement on a lot of levels.  mostly because it proves that you did not educate yourself, but can repeat liberal talking points.

if i did say to you that "it's just the way that it is.  some people will die and there is nothing we can do about it", what would be your reaction?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 10:31:32 AM by kathyp » Logged

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
MustbeeNuts
Field Bee

« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2010, 10:31:09 AM »

If I could opt out of social security, beleive me, I would.  But I can't, and after pouring probably hundreds of thousands of dollars into it, yes, when I retire, I'll be trying my hardest to get that money back out.  Not that I have much hope at this point.

Hey people, I for one am anti government, oh not really anti government, just anti pollitician, I am for a clean house in washington (time for a new revolution), but lets be honest, no one has paid hundreds of thousands into social security, and the biggest problem is most will get much more out than they have paid in.

You might want to rethink your statement. If you are an employer you pay 1/2 of your employees S.S. and all of your own. If you have  20 employees you could pay $50,000 in one year.

Ever wonder why companys are laying off, might be they can't afford that offset. And with more layoffs, the economy falls even farther.

Each new day brings decisions,  these are  new branches on the tree of life.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2010, 11:19:45 AM »

we have not hit bottom.  we are being kept artificially afloat by low interest rates and money pumped in from the govt.  if you have been watching, the housing market is still in the dumper, the commercial market is about to dump, unemployment is not getting better, and there are a number of countries in the EU in financial trouble. if they default on debt or the other countries have to do a massive bailout,  that will have a huge impact on the financial markets and there is some talk that the Euro will take a big hit.

i predict that by the end of '10 into '11, we will be in a true depression.  i think they'll try to hold it off until after the elections, but?HuhHuh

get out of debt, hunker down, and hang on to your assets.

Alexis de Tocqueville
bigbearomaha
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2010, 05:36:12 PM »

C,

I never said  I "like" to pay taxes, I never said there should be more in the way of "taxes".

Taxes are how a population is supposed to pay for the things they get from their government, such as defense, and the few actual things that it should be doing  (like taking care of infrastructure, etc...)

The government does not have any business going beyond the initial tasks that was entrusted to them originally.

I don't care if you call it a tax, an insurance or anything else.  it is un-necessary involvement of a government into public and private affairs. (like whether one has insurance or not.  some people prefer to pay cash at each visit, they should have every right to pay as they choose)

Your sarcasm doesn't wash with me.

If you agree there is no need for the law, there is really no need for you to be insulting to others who dis-agree as well.

You don't like it,  I don't like it, who cares the reason why, it's two people who don't like it, be on the same team instead of annoying your team mates.   Wink

Big Bear
hankdog1
Field Bee

« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2010, 07:24:27 PM »

...  Heck if you really want to fix the problem ...you need to stand up in church and say hey maybe we should help people out in our community instead of sending some missionary off to god knows where.  Maybe we don't need to replace our 42" TV for a 60" and give that money to a charity that helps these people.  .... .

With all do respect here, I don't think you understand the crazy amount of money involved.  I don't think that not replacing TV sets will seriously dent 1/6th of our economy.  We are talking about thousands of dollars for every man, woman, and child in this country, not a trip to Botswana, or a plasma TV.

No i get it but i also understand that every little bit counts.  There are alot of other things that can and should be done to bring down cost like tort refrom and going after those that commit fraud.  I get it more then people think i don't have insurance i pay as i go.  One would think i'd be all for it but when you look at things as a whole my trips to the doctor are going to end up with a lower quality of care.  Heck some doctors actually charged me less when i was paying cash cause they didn't have to put up with billing insurance.  I get it i'm just saying i do have a heart and i know i'm not the only one but there are alot of people that just don't care.

c10250
House Bee

« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2010, 08:17:06 PM »

Your sarcasm doesn't wash with me.

If you agree there is no need for the law, there is really no need for you to be insulting to others who dis-agree as well.

You don't like it,  I don't like it, who cares the reason why, it's two people who don't like it, be on the same team instead of annoying your team mates.   Wink

Big Bear

My appologies.  Reading it now, it did seem kind of rude.  I guess I could have made my point another way.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 08:38:40 PM by c10250 » Logged
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2010, 02:57:59 AM »

Watched O'Rielly tonight.  He had some Democrat from the House on there who couldn't or wouldn't tell him who was going to inforce the fines levied against those who don't buy healthcare.  He couldn't even explain how the unnamed government agency was going to find out who wasn't buying health insurance.
Bill was advocating that due to lack of any other apparent option that it would end up being the IRS because they would be the ones with the ability to ascertain insurance compliance via deductions on income tax forms.

Jst what we need, more power for the IRS.

But the Healthcare bill, as passed, is only an outline of what the end product is to be.  One of the reasons for the actual health insurance coverage being delayed for 4 years is that the administrative regulations still has to be written.  So there could still be a lot of surprises in there.

And don't you just love having to pay for something for 4 years before you get to use it?

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
bigbearomaha
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2010, 08:02:17 AM »

It's all good C, we're on the same side of this.

Iknow what you mean, sometimes the reasons why people make stands on something doesn't always make sense to others.

I know a guy who was one of the most vocal for getting his elected rep tossed out for having had an affair.

The guy in question had had two of his own in the past,  I thought it was odd myself.  But, the others in his area wanted the guy tossed out for better reasons and they kept him around because he is was one more vote on their side.   (they just didn't make him the spokesman LOL).

Big Bear
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2010, 09:27:23 AM »

that's the thing, Brian.  as i was reading though it, there was so much that was TBD.  we really don't know what we have.  most of it is not written.  we are just paying for it now. 

there won't be any vote or discussion about all the regulations.  that's going to be done by health and human services.  whatever they turn out, we get.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2010, 03:02:36 PM »

And don't you just love having to pay for something for 4 years before you get to use it?

Pay as long as you like *Claim denied*

be happy and make others happy.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2010, 03:24:50 PM »

today in iowa obama said that this bill wasn't perfect, but got us closer to universal health care.  

we may have done something even worse than the programs that other countries have.  the government now has control of insurance companies.  it controls cost and behavior.  

the immediate effect will be that many insurance companies will be driven out of business.  this will limit choice and raise cost.  the end result, when they reach their goal of "universal" health care will be that choice will be completely gone.

even in most countries that have government health care, private insurance is available.  it is expensive and does not cover preexisting conditions, but people who have things like breast cancer in their families buy it early so that they will be able to get the treatments that the government will not cover, or cover in a timely manner.  it also means access to health care without the long waits.

they way ours has been done, the goal is to destroy private insurance so that government is the only game in town.  the more i look at this, the more i fear we are good and truly screwed.

Alexis de Tocqueville
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2010, 06:52:52 PM »

KathyP    I am obsessed with your picture,    Very alluring!

Kathy

Did you check out this posting??
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next