I was fairly conservative when I pulled honey in the fall, and at this point have several mediums 80% still full of honey. A rough count today was 42-43 medium frames. Should I leave it for now, and insert empty supers below the full ones, or wait and extract them early April and give them back to fill with the first nectar flow, or what? I'm thinking its a good problem to have, but to keep managing them out in the field until a June extraction or even September will be aggravating.
I even thought about pulling them off the hives now, and setting them up as open air feeders about 100 yards away thinking this might trigger the bees to beleive spring is here and boost the queens activity. I think if I leave them on, it supports swarm instincts. Lots of food, brood, and no room to store new nectar.
I think I like the take it home and extract it idea. I had an open air syrup feeder set up in the fall until they quit flying.