Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 26, 2014, 02:16:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  
Poll
Question: need help my russain queen isnt laying eggs and it my last hive  (Voting closed: September 04, 2014, 02:43:51 PM)
what do i do - 0 (0%)
please help - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: my qeen isnt laying and only a couple of worker bees  (Read 2372 times)
grmlin71
New Bee

« on: August 28, 2014, 02:43:51 PM »

please help some one im from ct and winter is comming embarassed
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 08:06:59 PM »

have you tried feeding?  sometimes they will quit if there's a dearth or if they are low on stores.  how many bees in the hive?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Better.to.Bee.than.not
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 02:22:33 AM »

uhm...uhm....can you give us a little more info? did you buy a package, or how did you get the bees, did you replace a queen, did they swarm, is the queen alive for sure, how long have you had them, what type of setup do you have, are they making comb, how much comb have they made, etc, all info is good info.

sawdstmakr
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 06:34:25 AM »

You say you only have a few workers. The queen will only lay as many eggs as the bees can cover. If she lays more, the bees will remove the eggs. One bee can cover 3 larvae. I have taken hives from only a few bees and a queen to hives that swarmed but usually in my observation hive. They did it once in a nuc but I suspect a swarm that lost their queen, moved in and boosted their numbers. Do you know someone who has a hive to steal a fame of bees and brood from? Preferably a capped frame that is about to hatch. Leave it sit in a open box, in the shade to allow the field bees to return to the original hive. This is not necessary if there is a good flow on or you move it more than 2 miles.
Jim

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."--Mark Twain
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next