Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 29, 2014, 10:24:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Did he really say that?  (Read 2220 times)
iddee
Galactic Bee

« on: March 13, 2010, 06:06:18 PM »

From an email I received today...................

HERE IS OBAMA'S RESPONSE WHEN HE BACKED OFF FROM HIS DECISION TO REQUIRE THE MILITARY PAY FOR THEIR WAR INJURIES.

Bad press, including major mockery of the plan by comedian Jon Stewart, led to President Obama abandoning his proposal to require veterans carry private health insurance to cover the estimated $540 million annual cost to the federal government of treatment for injuries to military personnel received during their tours on active duty. The President admitted that he was puzzled by the magnitude of the opposition to his proposal.

"Look, it's an all volunteer force," Obama complained. "Nobody made these guys go to war. They had to have known and accepted the risks. Now they whine about bearing the costs of their choice? It doesn't compute.." "I thought these were people who were proud to sacrifice for their country, "Obama continued "I wasn't asking for blood, just money. With the country facing the worst financial crisis in its history, I'd have thought that the patriotic thing to do would be to try to help reduce the nation's deficit. I guess I underestimated the selfishness of some of my fellow Americans."

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 06:13:00 PM »

i doubt he would have said anything like that aloud  Wink  the idea is another example of what an idiot Shinseki is and how out of the mainstream this prez is.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
cidersabuzzin
House Bee

vroom... vroom... but more like phut** phut**!

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 06:42:21 PM »

i doubt he would have said anything like that aloud   Wink  

and as the coffee house sinks lower and lower and lo.......... Cry

Whats good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?
The Ladies could still teach the Borg a thing or two!....and maybe us too, so long as we don't go too far to the left or right and fall off the edge...
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 06:47:04 PM »

one of the things my mother taught me early is that you can learn a lot about people by the company they choose to keep.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 06:49:27 PM »

Yep, the coffee house is trying to keep up with the white house. I doubt it can sink low enough, tho.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
David LaFerney
Field Bee

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2010, 07:50:20 PM »

Actually those fake "Obama" quotes are from conservative jokester John Semmens.  So the answer is no he didn't really say that.

http://www.factcheck.org/2009/05/would-obama-have-soldiers-pay-for-own-war-injuries/

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/veteranshealth.asp

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/o/obama-veteran-insurance.htm

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." Samuel Clemens

Putting the "ape" in apiary since 2009.
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2010, 09:51:31 PM »

Thanks, David. I sent the links back on a "reply all".

Mods, you can delete this now. I got what I wanted.

*Shel Silverstein*
Highlandsfreedom
House Bee

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2010, 10:15:46 PM »

No way leave it up those are good websites listed there....

To bee or not to bee that is the question I wake up to answer that every morning...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next