Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 21, 2014, 07:17:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(2)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "show unread posts since last visit"  (Read 1697 times)
c10250
House Bee

« on: March 08, 2010, 08:44:36 AM »

Why doesn't this ever work for me?  Every time I hit that link, I get nothing.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 10:00:58 AM »

maybe you read them all???   evil

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
podius
New Bee

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 12:21:17 PM »

It's your web browser. I use an apple and I was using their "safari" browser, but I had the same problem as you. It turns out that when I opened up my browser it automatically logged me in to my favorite sites which erased the "show unread posts since last visit" because it had logged me in, then when I hit the button, there was nothing new. I hope I made sense  huh

John VT
Spooner, WI(Northwest WI-up in the nose)
equipment---All medium 10 frame boxes, top entrance's, no foundation frames and mann lake pf 120's (7 hives)
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 10:36:15 PM »

I have an apple laptop and use safari and still get my "show unread posts". Not sure why the difference?
PeeVee
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 11:15:58 PM »

Mac user here.

I had issues with safari on this site - been so long now I don't remember what the problem was. I started using Firefox and all has been well.

-Paul VanSlyke - Cheers from Deposit,NY
RayMarler
Field Bee

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 03:19:12 AM »

I bet it is from restricted settings in your browser. Scripting is probably not being allowed on the page. I bet the link for showing unread posts is run with a script. I have Firefox with a script blocker and have to set it to allow scripts from beemaster.com in order for it to work.

Sitting in the shade, drinking lemon aid.
Enjoying the breeze while counting the bees.
c10250
House Bee

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 04:14:23 PM »

Thanks!
nella
House Bee

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 06:50:18 PM »

Must you be logged in for it to work?
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 06:52:46 PM »

i think it would not know which posts you had not read, if it didn't know who you were  Wink

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next