Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 20, 2014, 10:21:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spring walk with the love of my life!  (Read 670 times)
poka-bee
Super Bee

I am NEVER bored!!

« on: February 28, 2010, 10:34:57 PM »

My daughter and I went for a walk today on a trail we haven't been on yet. Took the dog, I think it's gonna be her last one as she couldn't keep up and kept wandering off.  She (the dog) is 15 deaf & mostly blind, getting senile I think. Anyways it was a warm 60 degrees, mostly sunny no wind.  The ground is waking up, had that sweet soil and plant smell. We heard the pileated woodpeckers, saw chickadees, nuthatches,downy woodpeckers, woolly bear caterpillars, song birds and found a blue racer garter snake, musta been 3' long and thicker than my thumb! Frogs were singing away in the stream & pastures. Little white & purple flowers, wild cherry, thimbleberry, willow and the little hanging things that come out just before the humming birds come back. Ferns were emerging, water plants growing, wild iris shoots, everything just busting to get out.  Was a wonderful peaceful afternoon, did my soul good! Just wanted to share, boy am I glad I don't live on the east coast!   evil  They eagles have been doing their aerial displays and singing the past couple of weeks and yesterday a golden flew so close over my car that I could clearly see the beak and eye! Life is good!

I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 10:46:15 PM »

Great description of what's happening in your neck of the woods Jody, would love to see some pictures, if you took any, even though you painted a great picture in my mind.

My oldest dog is pushing fifteen as well Jody, so hard to see them getting near. Our dogs are very precious to us too Jody.

Have a good one and give that dog a big hug!

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 10:49:09 PM »

Ah Jody, the mirror of me.  Thank you for taking me along with you on that day, with the loves of your life, two of them.  As JP said, you have taken me right there, in my mind's eye, holding your hand, as we walk along as friends.  The pooch meandering along as well as she could, a piece of a beautiful afternoon, that I now hold in my mind.

I too hear these things of spring and see as well, but I think you may be just a little ahead of us, not by much, but some.  Our frogs began to begin their beautiful spring calls, the night before last, and they are now full blown out song.  I heard the trill of the Varied Thrush, probably one of the most beautiful of bird calls, along with the myriad of songs of the Robins.  Thank you Jody, for being you.  Have that beautiful day, with lots of love and health. Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next