Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 18, 2014, 11:20:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Villiage of the darned  (Read 1304 times)
mick
Queen Bee

« on: January 29, 2010, 03:26:45 AM »

Down here in my State, there is a community that resides within the grounds of HM Prison at Ararat. It is an enclosed community of about 27 people. All are serious serial sex offenders that although have served their time, are still considered a danger to the community. Our Government enacted special legislation to determine that these monsters, should be kept under a special observation order, that is, they are not free. They are kept locked up for the rest of their lives in a few acres of ground because they show no signs of remorse or any sign of rehabilitation. This is pretty unique legislation IMO.

All civil liberty values aside, its probably a good thing, although I wonder if it is a good thing to have these people feed off each other. One wonders what these fiends scheme.

Does anyone else have the same thing in their community?

Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 08:48:54 AM »

No, here they keep letting them out until they do it 3 times, then they just lock them away for life. rolleyes

Rick
bigbearomaha
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 09:34:00 AM »

of course, 'life' being anywhere from 5 to 40 years in most cases until some deal is worked out addressing 'good behavior' escape risk and prison overcrowding.

Big Bear
BeeHopper
Queen Bee

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 09:58:29 AM »

Down here in my State, there is a community that resides within the grounds of HM Prison at Ararat. It is an enclosed community of about 27 people. All are serious serial sex offenders that although have served their time, are still considered a danger to the community. Our Government enacted special legislation to determine that these monsters, should be kept under a special observation order, that is, they are not free. They are kept locked up for the rest of their lives in a few acres of ground because they show no signs of remorse or any sign of rehabilitation. This is pretty unique legislation IMO.

All civil liberty values aside, its probably a good thing, although I wonder if it is a good thing to have these people feed off each other. One wonders what these fiends scheme.

Does anyone else have the same thing in their community?

They must be very tired  evil
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 10:15:56 AM »

we have a provision to keep those who are deemed a continuing danger to society, locked up.  this will usually apply to sex offenders.  finally the shrinks have figured out that they really can't be rehabbed.

there are also federal provisions for keeping folks like terrorists locked up.  regardless of the outcome of trials, they could be locked up forever.  of course, they could be found innocent and turned loose.....

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
hankdog1
Field Bee

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 10:10:48 PM »

See the thing is that sexual predators can never be truly rehabilitated.  The thing is they can't control themselves and if they get out sooner or later it's going to happen again.  It's really sad especially since we can't help these people all we can do it lock them up and throw away the key.  Another factor that scares the you know what out of me is that a sexual predator will often have on average 10 victims before they are caught.  Enough to think twice when a uncle touches a kid of not reporting it because he's family.  What we need instead of the governments around the world spending all this money to lock these sick people up.  We should be using the money to find a cure as it is a mental illness.

Take me to the land of milk and honey!!!
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 11:15:50 PM »

hand them over to the military.  live targets are better than pop-ups.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 02:16:26 AM »

hand them over to the military.  live targets are better than pop-ups.

You never let me down KP.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2010, 10:08:17 AM »

i do my best  evil

Alexis de Tocqueville
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2010, 02:02:06 AM »

I just noticed that "darned" has changed to "darned" in the title of this post. Oh for goodness sake, its done it again, dammmned is not a rude word!!!!!!!

Over active bot trying to get me riled up!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 04:01:05 AM by mick » Logged
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 08:47:57 AM »

Take it easy mick!!  I find the common uses of it offensive, although I agree that in this case it was applied properly.  We still get the idea conveyed.

I like the over active bot. tongue

Rick
bud1
Field Bee

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 09:01:46 AM »

dont wory yo self scad; that agiatator just a little miffed because he did't get as much fur flying as he anticipated. and ditto Mis Kathy

to bee or not to bee
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next