Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Scott Brown wins MA election.  (Read 3107 times)

Online kathyp

• Universal Bee
Re: Scott Brown wins MA election.
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2010, 06:09:14 PM »
the difference between your decline and ours is that ours is entirely of our own making.  yours was at least in part due to external forces. 

we are not dead yet  :-)
.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline cidersabuzzin

• House Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut** phut**!
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2010, 07:07:33 PM »

"there is something else that Europeans should think about:  this is going to cost you also.  we can not continue to pick up the burden for NATO, the UN, and every flipping disaster, if we are spending more on government programs.  you are going to have to do more".

That's is the problem of being the only superpower for the moment, you get taken for a ride.... but it will get better. Before long the Chinese will start to repatriate the trillions of dollars they have accumulated, by buying up all and sundry, just like the Japanese did to us. Re: NATO,UN and every flipping disaster, been there done that a while ago when we were the only superpower! Super powers always go into decline, yours has already started (ours has nearly ended) look at the rise of China, India, and Brazil and Russia? with all those natural  resources! We on the other hand are a small country, a backwater, like Sandy. We have done our bit, just let us snooze! ;)

By the way, love your country,(except the LA freeways) love the people, travelled all over, Yosemite NP was glorious. Moved on to Cuba, beautiful beaches, very cheap, excellent health care. You don't know what your missing! (Whats that I hear, howls of I told you so!):) Only place I've ever seen tank transporters converted into buses.

oops with the quote!
Whats good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?
The Ladies could still teach the Borg a thing or two!....and maybe us too, so long as we don't go too far to the left or right and fall off the edge...

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2010, 08:06:05 PM »
See even Hitler was upset when Brown won

Hitler Finds Out Scott Brown Won Massachusetts Senate Seat
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 YEARS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2010, 09:21:43 PM »
I love it. It's just a shame it's so close to the truth.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2010, 10:11:16 PM »
they said they would get even if they couldn't take over the country, so instead they will try to break the country instead  :evil:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100120/ap_on_bi_ge/us_congress_debt_limit_11
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 YEARS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Online kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2010, 10:20:43 PM »
off to FB with that one  :-)

TwT, what if we all ran our finances like that.....must be nice to take a vote and steal money from the people. 
.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville