Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 19, 2014, 02:32:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scott Brown wins MA election.  (Read 2735 times)
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« on: January 19, 2010, 10:13:57 PM »

Scott Brown has won the MA election. He is a republican in a state with two thirds voters registered as democrats.
This has not happened since 1972. His platform was to stop the Health care bill being rammed down our throats,cut spending and cut taxes.
He also ran on the principle that the senate seat was the peoples seat,not the kenney's seat(throne) that someone else was to get to sit in.
Congratulations Scott Brown!!!!
TwT
Senior Forum
Global Moderator
Galactic Bee

Ted

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 10:37:06 PM »

piano  cheer them poor ole Dumacrates, they might not get to ruin the country yet, bet they figuring who's vote they should try to buy next   tongue

THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 YEARS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 10:59:32 PM »

i predict that while the message has been sent, it has fallen on deaf ears.  even so, it is a great win.  he may not be the most conservative of candidates, but for that seat in that state, thats as red as you can get!   grin

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
cidersabuzzin
House Bee

vroom... vroom... but more like phut** phut**!

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 05:38:36 AM »

How conservative is conservative? someone who would deny a person with long term or terminal illness treatment or medication? Surely in a country as rich as American you can find a way for healthcare to be free at the point of use! Or do the insurance, healthcare providers, doctors etc have a finger in this pie? Sad

Whats good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?
The Ladies could still teach the Borg a thing or two!....and maybe us too, so long as we don't go too far to the left or right and fall off the edge...
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 06:24:39 AM »

How conservative is conservative? someone who would deny a person with long term or terminal illness treatment or medication? Surely in a country as rich as American you can find a way for healthcare to be free at the point of use! Or do the insurance, healthcare providers, doctors etc have a finger in this pie? Sad
"free" healthcare? This is the misconception that anything is free.That is the typical attitude of a welfare state.
I don't hear of people fleeing the US to go to nations with "free" healthcare.Maybe it has to do with "quality" of care.
Someone pays for it. The government has no money. It spends what it takes from the people.The government should not take over another program it can not handle well. Let them manage Social Security,medicaid and medicare well and then maybe we can let them look at  health care.
 Massachussetts started a program in their state similar to what the feds are trying to impose,and most people there are now against it.
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 08:48:33 AM »

Actually, our healthcare is free at point of use...if you can't pay or won't pay, here illegally or not.  That's part of the problem, everybody else who uses the services is paying for that.  And that is what the current bills won't fix.  Anybody can get free healthcare...but we all know what free means.  I'll give you a free desk, I've got one I'm want to get rid of. 

And the last time I heard of anybody going to the UK it was an extremely rich man for a heart transplant.  He didn't want to wait on a waiting list for hearts to get one here. Somehow he could skip to the top in the UK.  Some poor sick pensioner is still waiting for his "free" heart.

Conservative is a relative term...Brown is conservative for MA.

Rick
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 08:55:31 AM »

>>>>Surely in a country as rich as American you can find a way for healthcare to be free at the point of use!<<<<

FREE??? When I am FORCED to pay for YOUR care, IT AIN'T FREE. It's theft.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
BeeHopper
Queen Bee

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2010, 10:46:35 AM »

What !  rolleyes   Of Course Doctors have their fingers in it, they deserve it, they're the ones TREATING YOU, not the Government, not the HMOs or any middle man for that matter. The Hospitals and Doctors ( Called Providers ) should receive the majority of the funds that we the consumer pays. NO WAY IN HELL AM I GOING TO LET GOVERNMENT MANAGE MY HEALTH LET ALONE MY LIFE !!!!!!!!

Natalie
Queen Bee

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2010, 11:05:17 AM »

There are alot of happy people here right now and "almost" as many unhappy people.
They predicted a 7 percent margin for winning this election and they did pretty good.
A republican in this seat is a huge relief for us and a huge upset to the democrats.
Can you imagine Teddy's seat going to a republican?
There was some talk about not letting him take the seat until after the healthcare vote but I am not sure where its at right now.
I watched some of the talking heads discussing it last night, the guy that ultimately decides it was briefly interviewed but wasn't letting on what is going to happen.
There are still too many democrats holding office here but this is a big step forward.
Scott Brown's campaign people drove me nuts though, I got 22 calls this past week alone from his camp.
I got recorded messages from his camp, from Curt Shilling (who coakley called a yankees fan rolleyes)
from his daughter complaining about how Coaklely's camp was lying about her father, from people that went to his website and clicked on a button to get a list of names and numbers they could call to stump for Brown.
I was very upset that they did that, I am on the do not call list and I don't even get calls from telemarketers and now I have people from various states callling me.
The last guy that called was from Nashville and he told me he got my number off the Brown website.
They were calling and asking for my kids etc.
They would call and wake me up in the morning, call at dinner, call while I am cleaning chicken coops etc.
My aunt died last week and I couldn't let the calls go to the machine because my dad was calling me from unfamiliar numbers about the arrangements depending on where he was so if I didn't recognize the number I still had to pick it up.
I called his campaign headquarters(conveniently, a door to door guy left me a promo with his number on it) and told them I wanted my number off the website immediately but they were, well we will do what we can.
Having said that, while I am thrilled that he won I am upset at the fact they posted my number all over the internet and I felt harassed by the 22 calls in a five day period, not to mention the door to door people.
One time while I was answering the phone from another Brown supporter a guy was standing at my door with a vote for Brown t shirt. He admitted that alot of people were complaining about all the calls and visits and that he was worried that it would negatively affect the campaign, that people would get mad enought to skip voting all together.
Drove me nuts for sure but I still voted.
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2010, 11:17:31 AM »

I was listening last night to the coverage. I'll state as I remember it.....

Rachel M.... "So what was the reason she lost?"

Howard Dean..."Well, it was impossible for her to win under these circumstances. The peope are unhappy with the situation they are in. High unemployment, and unhappy voters...it is Bush's fault!  grin

a couple questions later....

Rachel M..."So, what do you think of those that came out before the voting ended, and started pointing fingers?"

Howard Dean..."Those that point fingers...are losers!"

I think I saw Rachel almost bite her lip off holding back.....  grin Howard Dean just called himself a LOSER!

I do think it interesting, that Howard Dean summed it up by suggesting voters are unhappy with Obama not getting healthcare passed. That he has not pushed hard enough, and done what he promised. That the voters are disappointed.

What! Virginia, New Jersey, Mass....and I'm to believe that the voters voted a republican into "Ted's seat" because the president has failed to pass health care? I think at least one person, Howard Dean, and I would think many other Dems are in the same boat...Are way out of touch with the voters and what they want. (Rasmussen poll....60% nationwide do not want Obama care)

Yes, that's right! Not happy the president has passed health care yet? Vote Republican. I would normally think that is an insane position. But since republicans have been down that road before, maybe anything is possible.  rolleyes

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2010, 11:22:58 AM »

someone who would deny a person with long term or terminal illness treatment or medication

i am not sure what your view of American conservative is, or where you got it.  what you have described is what would happen under a national health care plan.  because we have 300 million people in this country, rationing of care and medicine would be done if the government took over.  in fact, they put the mechanism in place to do this before they even worked on the health care bill.  they slipped it into the "stimulus" bill.

being somewhat familiar with your health care system, i know that your care is more rationed than what the uninsured get here.  certainly no better.

when the European governments began to institute your social welfare systems, they did it with good intentions.  there was not an issue of the government taking more power and interfering with individual choice.  they already had that power.

in this country, this health care bill is about taking more federal power.  they will be able to regulate every aspect of our live under the guise of health care and it's costs.  in addition, it does not solve the problem of the uninsured.  

there are about 12 million people in this country who are uninsured and would like insurance.  on either end of that number are people who qualify for government health care (yes, we have it) and don't bother to sign up...and at the top end, people who choose not to be insured because they'd rather pay cash for care.  there is also the problem of insurance cost.  it really is to expensive, but that is a result of a lot of different things.  among those things is the already existing government health care plans of medicare and medicaid.

it would be relatively simple to insure those 12 million.  this plan is not about that.  this plan will not only interfere with individual rights, but will  put a huge cost burden on the states.

it's unconstitutional.  it does not solve the problem they said they wanted to solve.  it gives the federal government unprecedented power over individuals, states, and businesses.

there is something else that Europeans should think about:  this is going to cost you also.  we can not continue to pick up the burden for NATO, the UN, and every flipping disaster, if we are spending more on government programs.  you are going to have to do more.  

Yes, that's right! Not happy the president has passed health care yet? Vote Republican

in fact, scott ran against the health care plan.  it was a main part of his platform.  i think he was brilliant to point out how the federal plan would mess up the state plan.  that seemed to hit home with a lot of Mass. voters.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Natalie
Queen Bee

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2010, 11:24:20 AM »

During the voting the democrats accused Brown's campaign of cheating.
They said one precinct was giving out ballots that were already filled out with Brown's name as the vote.
That would work how?

People would get their ballots and see that Brown's name is already filled in and say hey look its already done for me? I was going to vote for Coakley but....
Now who would be stupid enough to put a ballot in that is already filled out instead of filling in their vote.
Its always something with these people accusing the other side of cheating with the votes.
Gore, Coakely, ridiculous.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2010, 11:51:45 AM »

and then there is this!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/20/AR2010012001094_pf.html

Alexis de Tocqueville
cidersabuzzin
House Bee

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2010, 12:51:27 PM »

Well this certainly made for more interesting reading, bit more interesting than TVs! It certainly opened my eyes to the controversy Mr Obama has unleashed. The point I was making is there is nothing wrong with private medicine, but what happens to the person who falls between insurance and medicare? the laid off, disabled, the old. The ones  without a credit card to pay for an ambulance and the ones fearful of being made bankrupt? What is the largest cause of bankruptcy in the US? 

The Ladies could still teach the Borg a thing or two!....and maybe us too, so long as we don't go too far to the left or right and fall off the edge...
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2010, 01:29:23 PM »

but what happens to the person who falls between insurance and medicare? the laid off, disabled, the old. The ones  without a credit card to pay for an ambulance and the ones fearful of being made bankrupt? What is the largest cause of bankruptcy in the US?  

if you are disabled or old,  you get medicare or medicaid.  if you are laid off, there is COBRA insurance.  you have to pay for it, but it will hold you until you get back to work.
in the mean time, you are collecting ever expanding unemployment payments.

there are the so called working poor that can not afford insurance and do not get it at work. this is the problem that needs to be solved.  the fix can be relatively simple and contrary to press reports, people have been working on it.  unfortunately, there are special interests at play.  fixing this problem has never been the goal of the far left.  without these people, they have no leverage to push for government run health care.  

it is interesting that in all of this debate, they did not parade before the public those who had been harmed by our health care system.  no deaths, refused treatments, i don't even remember them bringing out a bankruptcy.  isn't that what you would do to make a point?

yes people declare bankruptcy because of hospital bills.  let me give you one example that i know of.

my friends son changed jobs.  he chose not to pay for the state offered bridge health care.  between leaving his old job and his new insurance starting, he was in a serious auto accident.  after weeks in the hospital he had a 150,000.00 bill.  the hospital, which receives state funds, was perfectly willing to forgive a portion of that bill and work out payments for the remainder.  instead, the boy declared bankruptcy to avoid the payment.  bankruptcy is easy in this country and doesn't have the impact that it used to have.

it amazes me that people who think nothing of paying 300,000.00 for a house, or 50,000.00 for a car, think they should get health care for free.

Alexis de Tocqueville
BeeHopper
Queen Bee

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2010, 01:39:10 PM »

Well said, kathyp  Smiley
fish_stix
House Bee

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2010, 02:14:52 PM »

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!  That's for all you MA forum members who voted and showed that there is still some common sense and concern for the Constitution, our country, and our citizens. Hopefully, this election will help bring an end to the idiocy that's happening in Washington. Now, if you could just get rid of your homey, Barney Franks, who was a major factor in bringing this financial disaster on the country with his Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac policies, How Sweet It Would Be!!!!
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2010, 02:57:11 PM »

During the voting the democrats accused Brown's campaign of cheating.
They said one precinct was giving out ballots that were already filled out with Brown's name as the vote.
That would work how?

People would get their ballots and see that Brown's name is already filled in and say hey look its already done for me? I was going to vote for Coakley but....
Now who would be stupid enough to put a ballot in that is already filled out instead of filling in their vote.
Its always something with these people accusing the other side of cheating with the votes.
Gore, Coakely, ridiculous.
Let's not forget the woman in Lawrence, who had absentee ballots she was handing out like candy, encouraging people to vote for Coakley - not that they would have counted, as absentee ballots all had to be in by last Friday  rolleyes 

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
Mason
House Bee

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2010, 04:09:31 PM »

Over 200 years ago the people of Mass stood in the square at Lexington and started the take over of this country from a tyrannical oppressive government.  They did it again yesterday only fortunately we did not have to take volleys of musket fire this time.  I really want to extend the deepest gratitude to all those in Mass that took it to the streets and brought home this victory.

The Democrats arrogance will not allow them to get the message.  They truly believe that they are superior than the collective citizens. 

You have to wonder why they would campaign on socialized medicine in a state that already has a failing social medical program taxing the people to death and knowing the federal program would double tax them.  Stupid.

You also have to wonder why they would run an elitist shrew when the state loves the stereo typical tall handsome guy with a million dollar smile.

Still wondering,  why knowing full well that Mass voted for Hillary in the primaries Obama thought he could save the election.

The audacity of arrogance.  They will not learn and will continue to force their agenda on a public that does not want their programs.

See you in November.

Former beekeeper until March....maybe next year...RIP
cidersabuzzin
House Bee

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2010, 04:54:46 PM »

"there is something else that Europeans should think about:  this is going to cost you also.  we can not continue to pick up the burden for NATO, the UN, and every flipping disaster, if we are spending more on government programs.  you are going to have to do more".

That's is the problem of being the only superpower for the moment, you get taken for a ride.... but it will get better. Before long the Chinese will start to repatriate the trillions of dollars they have accumulated, by buying up all and sundry, just like the Japanese did to us. Re: NATO,UN and every flipping disaster, been there done that a while ago when we were the only superpower! Super powers always go into decline, yours has already started (ours has nearly ended) look at the rise of China, India, and Brazil and Russia? with all those natural  resources! We on the other hand are a small country, a backwater, like Sandy. We have done our bit, just let us snooze! Wink

By the way, love your country,(except the LA freeways) love the people, travelled all over, Yosemite NP was glorious. Moved on to Cuba, beautiful beaches, very cheap, excellent health care. You don't know what your missing! (Whats that I hear, howls of I told you so!)Smiley Only place I've ever seen tank transporters converted into buses.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 06:03:40 PM by cidersabuzzin » Logged

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next