Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 18, 2014, 09:59:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: make sure your pets have a happy healthy summer!!  (Read 925 times)
BigRog
House Bee

« on: April 25, 2005, 05:47:10 AM »

Hey guys , Summer is coming and that means it is time ti make sure you and your pets are ready for it!!!!
Just a few quick tips to make sure your pets have a happy healthy summer!!

1. Make sure to leave plenty of water outside this summer, and a kiddie pool is always recommended to avoid the overturning of their water ;to avoid dehydration and heat stroke.
2. Make sure you have a shaddy retreat for your furry friends form the sun.
3. Make sure all chemicals , yard treatments, and bug killers are pet safe and kept securley locked up.
4. Break away collars for out door cats are always recommeded.
5. Keep all proper I.D tags on your pets.
6. Get that Rabies shot up to date..warmer weather promotes higher rabies cases
7. Make sure all other shots are up to date for your dogs DHLPP/C especially Parvo.Parvo cases double in the summer time
8. Get your outdoor cats Feline leukiemia, FIV and FIP vaccines updated.. stray cats will be looking for community food and water bowls, help knock down the spreading of those diaseses.
9. Make sure your dogs and cats are getting their heartworm prevention.. misquitos are more alive and spreading the disease in the hot weather..
10. Prevent their scratching ..Give them flea and tick preventives (Stay away from Hartz)
11. If you have a large or exra large size dog , make sure you let them cool down after being outside before you let them eat or drink anything.. this can cause Bloat...

Helpful hints...If your encounter heat stroke with your pet and cannot get to a vet clinic ..place them in a tub a run (donot summerge) cold water on them...BUT monitor there temperature...DONOT let it drop below 100.5.....If your pet injests any poison you can give them hydrogen peroxide it is one teaspoon per 10 lbs to make them vomit.. (also works if they eat chocolate),...Keep all food bowls inside at nights (for cats) and discourage community feeding as much as possible....

Spay and neuter your pets...

"Lurch my good man,…what did you mean when you said just now that 'You've got better things to do than run my petty little errands'…….?"
lee
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 11:45:34 PM »

i had a black lab. his name was mutt we had mutt for about 12 years. but he got the big c. and we had to put him down. cry  that was the hardest thing i had to do but it had to be done. plus we have a mix lab his name is smokey he is 5 years old.and when we had to put mutt down he was lost.  cry he keep looking for his friend mutt. on may 8th mutt has been gone for about a mouth,  but now we got a new puppy at is a yellow lab. Cheesy  and we named him bud and he drives smokey crazy.  cheesy  like smokey did mutt when he was a pup. we took bud to get his shots today and he has some more to get in about 2 weeks. so if you have pets take care of them and they will live a long time.
BigRog
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2005, 06:49:44 AM »

Sorry to hear about Mutt

Good luck with your new one

"Lurch my good man,…what did you mean when you said just now that 'You've got better things to do than run my petty little errands'…….?"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next