Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 20, 2014, 12:09:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ugly weather ahead for the PNW  (Read 805 times)
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« on: January 17, 2010, 12:40:06 PM »

http://www.ovs.com/weather_cafe.htm

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
poka-bee
Super Bee

I am NEVER bored!!

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 11:54:16 PM »

Oh goodie, I can hardly wait.... Undecided I am closer to the Cascades but right in the wind tunnel through the White River Valley...was pretty blustery Fri.  Will be an intersting couple of weeks for sure.  I'm just hoping we can make it through the next couple of months with no more snow..don't like it, nope nope nope!

Jody

I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 10:26:12 AM »

we are getting east wind down the river also.  it's like living in a test tunnel  smiley

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 09:34:15 PM »

Had to go out yesterday and put 3 hives back together, they got blown over in the wind.  Bees were a bit proddy but had good clusters and stores evident in all 3 hives.  Last night we were supposed to have wind gusts to 75 mph, so I checked them again this morning, nice and sunny today, the bees from the blown over hives were still proddy but active, the other 2 hives were very busy, all were bringing in white pollen.  Must be hazelnuts as I see the neighbors bushes have catkins on them already.  Temps in the mid 50's.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Lone
Queen Bee

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 02:15:19 AM »

Weather??  Do you know what weather is, Irwin Wink  My thermometer on the verandah read 45.5 C today.  That is 113.9F.

Maybe that means there are wild storms coming?   thunder

Or maybe another day of languishing and thinking about jobs and trying to cool the animals down.  Maybe tomorrow it will be like this outside   drowning 

One thing's for sure: next weekend is cricket weekend, when 217 cricket teams descend on the town at 67 pitches for 3 days before the Australia Day holiday, in varying states of sobriety, the largest cricket carnival in the southern hemisphere, and everyone knows it always rains on cricket weekend! 

Lone tumbleweed
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next