Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 02, 2014, 05:36:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tom Delay stole the U.S. Congress  (Read 2810 times)
Little John_NC
House Bee

« on: January 09, 2010, 03:41:51 PM »

The story of how Tom Delay stole the U.S. Congress. It’s the story of one of the most blatant power grabs in American history, and how a District Attorney in Texas turned out to be the biggest threat to the national DeLay Machine.

Hulu - The Big Buy: Tom Delay's Stolen Congress - Watch the full feature film now.

Little John

"The flags of the Confederate States of America were very important and a matter of great pride to those citizens living in the Confederacy. They are also a matter of great pride for their descendants as part of their heritage and history."
Winston Churchill

Quote from chronicle of  Marcus Lucanus of the Roman civil war: Caesar said :
"Here I abandoned peace and desecrated law; fortune it is you I follow. Farewell to treaties. From now on war is our judge!
Caesar men cheered :
" Hail Caesar! We who are about to die salute you!
vermmy35
Field Bee

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 04:13:09 PM »

This is nothing more than a smear campaign by the liberal media.  They are up to their old tricks and only showing one side to the story.  They would love everyone to believe that the Republican party is a corrupt party and all they want to do is take over congress for their own means.  Don't believe it people!!!!

Semper Fi to all my brothers out there
http://gettingbacktocountryliving.blogspot.com/
BeeHopper
Queen Bee

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 05:42:07 PM »

rolleyes

Since 2006, that wrinkle old bat Pelosi has been screaming  " Widespread Corruption " in the GOP ranks, most were lies just to gain seats. ( They succeeded  Sad )
Look at the Dems today, the GOP had corruption issues, but they pale in comparison to what the Dems are doing now and they are destroying this Nation, talk about " Power Grab ".

Tom Delay, is still innocent until proven guilty.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 09:49:04 PM »

Tom Delay, is still innocent until proven guilty.

funny how after all these years, it's never been brought to trial.  the republicans had/have? a policy that when a member was under indictment, that member would resign.  it took 4 grand jury seatings for the prosecutor in TX to get the indictment, but he finally did.  after Delay resigned, the prosecutor pretty much lost interest in the case.  no agenda there!

as a person, he was not one of my favorites, but the reason the left went after him was that he was very effective in getting republican party agenda things done.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 12:52:46 AM »

I'm sure there's a name for the tactic of 'party A' accusing the other guy 'party B' first (whether he did it or not) of doing something which 'A' - has done, is planning to do, or is currently doing -  to take the power of exposing 'A'  away from 'B'.
 Such as if something like Iran Contra never happened then something like funneling money into Congressional districts that don't even exist would be a really big deal (why isn't it a huge deal?)

be happy and make others happy.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 12:20:09 PM »

look at the difference in treatment between Reid and Lott.  Trent wasn't even talking about race.  he was talking about the conservative views of Thurman.  Strom had long ago outgrown his southern separatist views, but was never forgiven.  contrast that to Bird and his lKKK membership. 

the difference is that republicans eat their own.  they have standards and they hold their members to them.  that does not mean that the party is better, cleaner, or less political.  it's just that you can't hold anyone to a standard you don't have, and the dems have  none.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
vermmy35
Field Bee

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 12:33:50 PM »

the difference is that republicans eat their own.  they have standards and they hold their members to them.  that does not mean that the party is better, cleaner, or less political.  it's just that you can't hold anyone to a standard you don't have, and the dems have  none.

Thats why I think the republican party needs to adopt a policy of not kicking them out until conviction and not before.  Also lets fight fire with fire and go balls to the wall and take them out.  I think that has already started with the undercover Acorn videos and I believe we will see more of it in the days ahead.

buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 12:36:41 PM »

Bet this gets brushed away
http://mywaybusiness.com/harry-reid-sorry-for-racist-remarks-about-president/522/
They tried to crucify Trent Lott about these kind of comments.
vermmy35
Field Bee

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 12:41:24 PM »

I think if the Republican party could find a viable African-American candidate then this would be an issue other than that it might not be.  Only time will tell if they can get some miles from it.

buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 01:04:55 PM »

I think if the Republican party could find a viable African-American candidate then this would be an issue other than that it might not be.  Only time will tell if they can get some miles from it.
If a African-American runs in the Republican party they get called Uncle Toms.Clearly you can see what they tried to do to Clarence Thomas.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 01:10:30 PM »

black conservatives don't exist.  conservative women don't exist.  when one is found, they must be quickly destroyed so that no one ever knows about them.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2010, 02:51:21 PM »

black conservatives don't exist.  conservative women don't exist.  when one is found, they must be quickly destroyed so that no one ever knows about them.

I hate to acknowledge the brilliance with which they've sewn up conservative people into a neat little bag and stuffed them/us into a corner; (I don't believe for a second that they did it alone.) but if the brilliance of it is not acknowledged - the truth of it cannot be faced, and countering it can never be accomplished.

be happy and make others happy.
BeeHopper
Queen Bee

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2010, 06:48:29 PM »

How come you're still around  Kiss
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2010, 07:17:26 PM »

because i am tough enough to have taken what has been thrown at me.  some of us will stand, no matter what.  that has never been in question....only, will there be enough of us?

Alexis de Tocqueville
BeeHopper
Queen Bee

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2010, 09:21:50 PM »

because i am tough enough to have taken what has been thrown at me.  some of us will stand, no matter what.  that has never been in question....only, will there be enough of us?

I was paying you a compliment and making a funny   Smiley
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2010, 10:14:08 PM »

i didn't take it as anything bad  grin

i have to admit that i am a bit discouraged.  "The Girls" had lunch the other day.  there were 8 of us.  varying levels of education and life experiences, but 5 run businesses, several with upper level educations, all well traveled, etc.  all but one, conservative.  somewhere in the conversation we got onto health care and someone mentioned Harry Reid.  two of my friends actually asked ...who is Harry Reid?

i know everyone is busy.  i know most don't spend the time on politics that i do.  even so, if they can not take the time to be a little informed, what hope is there?  how many more are there like these two?  if this is what happens with the intelligent folks, what about everyone else?  

Alexis de Tocqueville
Mason
House Bee

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2010, 05:11:38 AM »

black conservatives don't exist.

Herman Cain for President!  I would vote for him in a second.

Former beekeeper until March....maybe next year...RIP
cidersabuzzin
House Bee

vroom... vroom... but more like phut** phut**!

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2010, 10:08:39 AM »

Hi Everyone
Who is this Harry Reid? That seems to wind everyone up!
Regards
Cidersabuzzin

Whats good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?
The Ladies could still teach the Borg a thing or two!....and maybe us too, so long as we don't go too far to the left or right and fall off the edge...
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2010, 11:29:42 AM »

i can tell that you and mick are going to get on well!   grin

Alexis de Tocqueville
BeeHopper
Queen Bee

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2010, 12:13:24 PM »

Hi Everyone
Regards
Cidersabuzzin

He's just a immature politician who thinks he can strongarm his constituents, not worth my breath to explain all about him.
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2010, 12:54:38 PM »

Hi Everyone
Regards
Cidersabuzzin

He's just some really light-skinned guy with a mild midwestern accent dialect.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 09:12:12 PM by Scadsobees » Logged

Rick
cidersabuzzin
House Bee

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2010, 03:47:46 PM »

Mick?

The Ladies could still teach the Borg a thing or two!....and maybe us too, so long as we don't go too far to the left or right and fall off the edge...
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2010, 04:44:22 PM »

mick is our resident agitator from down under  Wink

Alexis de Tocqueville
cidersabuzzin
House Bee

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2010, 05:36:03 AM »

mick is our resident agitator from down under Wink

Is Mick the one who buried the gun?

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2010, 11:00:36 AM »

don't think he did it, but he made that post.

Alexis de Tocqueville
cidersabuzzin
House Bee

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2010, 12:03:55 PM »

don't think he did it, but he made that post.
Kathy
It was a joke. grin

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next