Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 28, 2014, 07:28:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Home invasions  (Read 4671 times)
lenape13
Field Bee

We survive together, or not at all!

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2010, 05:18:48 PM »

I'm quite sure that would get your point across... evil
TwT
Senior Forum
Global Moderator
Galactic Bee

Ted

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2010, 08:08:25 AM »

it is always best to be ready for what might happen now days, with the economy it will probably get worst.

THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 YEARS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic
woodchopper
House Bee

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2010, 08:42:42 AM »

it is always best to be ready for what might happen now days, with the economy it will probably get worst.

My sister lives in SW Michigan and she says she already sees a dramatic increase in home invasions and burglaries there.   a sign of things to come.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 08:43:40 AM by TwT » Logged

Every man looks at his wood pile with a kind of affection- Thoreau
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2010, 09:34:01 AM »

My sister lives in SW Michigan and she says she already sees a dramatic increase in home invasions and burglaries there.   a sign of things to come.

Yeah, but isn't Obama supposed to help those that usually do the invading?
You know, the ones that live on food stamps but have nicer furniture & fancier cars than most honest tax paying citizens?

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2010, 12:55:04 PM »

Yeah, but isn't Obama supposed to help those that usually do the invading?

...JP

Yeah, I read a report that there was 6 hours where he was unaccounted for last week Thursday night, and when he did come rolling in he had *3* blackberries!!  He let them keep the rest .... rolleyes

Rick
Sparky
Field Bee

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2010, 05:36:09 PM »

I think I've made my decision.  I'm gonna get a Rottweiler/Mastiff hybrid and one of these:

By GOD !! When you break out the big guns, you don't fool around.  shocked
David LaFerney
Field Bee

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2010, 06:26:38 PM »

I just ran across that picture and thought it was interesting/funny.  That is a "punt" gun.  Market hunters used them to shoot waterfowl that were not in flight, and they would not actually be shot like in the picture - it would have been mounted on a row boat (a punt).  Probably kill you if you did.

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." Samuel Clemens

Putting the "ape" in apiary since 2009.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2010, 07:43:27 PM »

that would cut hunting dinner down to a few minutes!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Mason
House Bee

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2010, 08:07:22 PM »

The bees have kept the riff raff out of my yard pretty well.  I was also thinking about a " DANGER POISONOUS SNAKES" sign.  A old Trans Am on blocks works pretty good too around my neighborhood.  I like for strangers to feel very much not welcome when they are around my house. My friends and family never come unannounced and those that do are not met with good hospitality.  I would prefer to keep people out of my yard than to shoot them.  It's less paperwork.

Former beekeeper until March....maybe next year...RIP
David LaFerney
Field Bee

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2010, 08:25:17 PM »

I swear this is true.  For years there was a house on one of the main secondary roads near here that had a gate across the driveway with a hand written sign - "If you get shot its your own fault" 

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." Samuel Clemens

doak
Super Bee

« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2010, 08:37:53 PM »

Sign down the road reads,"trespassers will be shot, survivors will be prosecuted", Gate is always locked. And yes he has Honey Bees. :roll:doak
cow pollinater
House Bee

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2010, 09:05:17 PM »

My entire property is fenced. Getting to the front door requires walking through a closed gate that borders a yard full of very territorial Queensland Heelers.  Above that gate is a sign that reads "Visitors always welcome, tresspassers always shot"... So far my home is one of only two that hasn't been broken into in our neighborhood.

If it doesn't kill you it makes you stronger... Or maims you for life.
woodchopper
House Bee

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2010, 09:42:13 PM »

We've got a sign on the house in Maine that reads " Never mind the dog, beware of owner". It has a big picture of a handgun being aimed at whoever is reading the sign. Almost everybody on the lane has a few guns and nobody there has ever been broken into.

Every man looks at his wood pile with a kind of affection- Thoreau
irerob
House Bee

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2010, 11:02:17 PM »

I saw a good one a while ago it had the standard no trespassing on top then a set of crosshairs under that was printed if you can read this your in range.

You don't need a parachute to sky dive.... you do how ever need one to sky dive twice.
 KJ4QMH.
lenape13
Field Bee

We survive together, or not at all!

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2010, 11:33:08 PM »

Another item that is handy to have around is a backhoe.  We have several in our neighborhood, and I have a set of keys to one of them.  Nothing like a little midnight landscaping to relieve the stress of a home invasion.... evil
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2010, 04:45:51 AM »

I just ran across that picture and thought it was interesting/funny.  That is a "punt" gun.  Market hunters used them to shoot waterfowl that were not in flight, and they would not actually be shot like in the picture - it would have been mounted on a row boat (a punt).  Probably kill you if you did.

I bet that's a 4 gauge - I've heard of them before just as you described, but didn't know they had a barrel like that on them. Almost a mini duck cannon.

be happy and make others happy.
Mason
House Bee

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2010, 08:43:21 AM »

That is a "punt" gun.

My nephew was showing me his new deer rifle.  I held it up and pointed it down range to get the feel.  I said to my brother, "darn, I can't see the sights".  He of course told me I needed glasses to which I replied, "no, I just need a longer gun".  The punt gun may be an option.

Another item that is handy to have around is a backhoe.

you could always dig a mote,  maybe some pet crocodiles too.

Former beekeeper until March....maybe next year...RIP
David LaFerney
Field Bee

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2010, 08:46:54 AM »

I bet that's a 4 gauge - I've heard of them before just as you described, but didn't know they had a barrel like that on them. Almost a mini duck cannon.

It was exactly a duck cannon - they could kill scores of birds per shot.  As far as the gauge goes they were more or less custom built, and since they were muzzle loaded shotguns there was no need for standard bores - just pour in a horn of powder and a hat full of shot...

Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2010, 07:39:06 PM »

It was exactly a duck cannon - they could kill scores of birds per shot.  As far as the gauge goes they were more or less custom built, and since they were muzzle loaded shotguns there was no need for standard bores - just pour in a horn of powder and a hat full of shot...

They were also used in making the Passenger Pigeon extinct.

I think I'll make me a "Beware of Guard Bees" sign to go along with the S&W (Picture of a gun) Security system sign, and the dog in the yard
.  My new fence makes for a extra hurtle too.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next