Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: from here to Venezuela  (Read 848 times)

Online kathyp

• Universal Bee
from here to Venezuela
« on: January 05, 2010, 11:45:02 AM »
it is always fascinating to me that certain people become leaders over what would seem the common sense and best interest of the people.  how did Germany get a Hitler, or Venezuela, a Chavez.  the answer is that they didn't elect a monster.  they elected "change". 
i find it hard to believe that the far left is going to sacrifice itself on the alter of the progressive agenda.  power is a stronger drug than ideology.

be sure to read to the bottom.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/jan/05/hiding-health-bills-behind-closed-doors/
One could not learn history from architecture any more than one could learn it from books. Statues, inscriptions, memorial stones, the names of streets ? anything that might throw light upon the past had been systematically altered. (1.8.85)

George Orwell  "1984"

Offline lenape13

• Field Bee
  • We survive together, or not at all!
Re: from here to Venezuela
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 12:29:19 PM »
I would like to dig up George and the fellow founding fathers and see what there reaction to the current situation would be.  Until we elect people with actual morals and ethical standards to public office, this train of abuses and excess will continue.

anything