Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 21, 2014, 01:48:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama's birth certificate  (Read 5207 times)
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« on: December 31, 2009, 05:36:16 AM »

This is now getting VERY interesting!  Cough up the REAL birth certificate, Barry!  Again - if there's nothing wrong, nothing to hide - why is he taking the time, money, etc. to hide all of this?
 -----

Date: Tuesday, November 17, 2009, 1:24 PM

VERY QUIETLY OBAMA'S CITIZENSHIP CASE REACHES THE SUPREME COURT

AP- WASHINGTON D.C. - In a move certain to fuel the debate over Obama's qualifications for the presidency, the group "Americans for Freedom of Information" has Released copies of President Obama's college transcripts from Occidental College . Released today, the transcript school indicates
 that Obama, under the name Barry Soetoro, received financial aid as a foreign student from Indonesia as an undergraduate at the The transcript was released by Occidental College in compliance with a court order in a suit brought by the group in the Superior Court of California.  The transcript shows that Obama (Soetoro) applied for financial aid and was awarded a fellowship for foreign students from the Fulbright Foundation Scholarship program. To qualify, for the scholarship, a student must claim foreign citizenship. This document would seem to provide the smoking gun that many of Obama's detractors have been seeking.
 Along with the evidence that he was first born in Kenya and there is no record of him ever applying for US citizenship, this is looking pretty grim. The news has created a firestorm at the White House as the release casts increasing doubt about Obama's legitimacy and qualification to serve as President. When reached for comment in London , where he has been in meetings with British Prime Minister Gordon Brown, Obama smiled but refused comment on the issue.  Britain 's Daily Mail has also carried the
story in a front-page article titled, "Obama Eligibility Questioned," leading some to speculate that the story may overshadow economic issues on Obama's first official visit to the  U.K. In a related matter, under growing pressure from several groups,

Justice Antonin Scalia announced that the Supreme Court agreed on Tuesday to hear arguments concerning Obama's legal eligibility to serve as President in a case brought by Leo Donofrio of New Jersey . This lawsuit claims Obama's dual citizenship disqualified him from serving as president.  Donofrio's case is just one of 18 suits brought by citizens demanding proof of Obama's citizenship or qualification to serve as president.

Gary Kreep of the United States Justice Foundation has released the results of their investigation of Obama's campaign spending. This study estimates that Obama has spent upwards of $950,000 in campaign funds in the past year with eleven law firms in 12 states for legal resources to block disclosure of any of his personal records. Mr. Kreep indicated that the investigation is still ongoing but that the final report will be provided to the U.S. attorney general, Eric Holder. Mr. Holder has refused to comment on the matter.

LET OTHER FOLKS KNOW THIS NEWS, THE MEDIA WON'T !

Subject: RE: Issue of Passport?
  While I've little interest in getting in the middle of the Obama birth issue, Paul Hollrah over at FSM did so yesterday and believes the issue can be resolved by Obama answering one simple question:  What passport did he use when he was shuttling between New York, Jakarta, and Karachi ?

So how did a young man who arrived in New York in early June 1981, without the price of a hotel room in his pocket, suddenly come up with the price of a round-the-world trip just a month later?

And once he was on a plane, shuttling between New York, Jakarta, and Karachi, what passport was he offering when he passed through Customs and Immigration?

The American people not only deserve to have answers to these questions, they must have answers.  It makes the debate over Obama's citizenship a rather short and simple one.

Q: Did he travel to Pakistan in 1981, at age 20?
  A : Yes, by his own admission.

Q: What passport did he travel under?
  A: There are only three possibilities.

1) He traveled with a U.S. Passport, 2) He traveled with a
  British passport, or 3) He traveled with an Indonesia passport.

Q: Is it possible that Obama traveled with a U.S. Passport in 1981?
  A: No.. It is not possible. Pakistan was on the U.S. State Department's "no travel" list in 1981.

Conclusion: When Obama went to Pakistan in 1981 he was traveling either with a British passport or an Indonesian passport.

If he were traveling with a British passport that would provide proof that he was born in Kenya on August 4, 1961, not in Hawaii as he claims.  And if he were traveling with an Indonesian passport that would tend to prove that he relinquished whatever previous citizenship he held, British or American, prior to being adopted by his Indonesian step-father in 1967.

Whatever the truth of the matter, the American people need to know how he managed to become a "natural born" American citizen between 1981 and 2008..

Given the destructive nature of his plans for America, as illustrated by his speech before Congress and the disastrous spending plan he has presented to Congress, the sooner we learn the truth of all this, the better.

If you Don't care that Your President is not a natural born Citizen and in Violation of the Constitution, then Delete this and go into your cocoon.

If you do care then Forward this!

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
deknow
Field Bee

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 08:48:08 AM »

irwin, this is a fake story.
http://www.factcheck.org/2009/05/was-obama-born-in-the-usa/

deknow
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 09:58:58 AM »

OK

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 10:00:11 AM »

i don't know if the story is fake.  the fact that that site says it is, might make me believe that it's true.

more research needed, but from a reliable source! 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
deknow
Field Bee

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 10:03:21 AM »

with all due respect kathy, it would have taken you less time to google the story and prove to yourself that it is fake than to make that post.

actually, it would have been better if irwin bothered to google it before posting it here.

deknow
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 10:21:25 AM »

i did.  i'm quick  grin

i try  not to source or fact check from sites that have agendas.  sometimes it's the best you can do or you have to use those sites in conjunction with other info.  not knocking your assertion, but i would not use a site like that as sole reference to refute a story.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
sqkcrk
New Bee

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2009, 10:27:11 AM »

i did.  i'm quick  grin

i try  not to source or fact check from sites that have agendas.  sometimes it's the best you can do or you have to use those sites in conjunction with other info.  not knocking your assertion, but i would not use a site like that as sole reference to refute a story.

So which site(s) did you use and what did you find?

David LaFerney
Field Bee

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2009, 10:28:42 AM »

i don't know if the story is fake.  the fact that that site says it is, might make me believe that it's true.

more research needed, but from a reliable source!  

Factcheck.org is a pretty reliable site - as far as that goes.  They really do cut both ways.  They've reported on plenty of mistruths both for and against Obama, as well as all our other favorite reality benders.  They usually (if not always) document their sources in a way that you can actually check them out.  

I get their email feed and it frequently includes things that I'd rather not hear about the people I want to like, but that's life isn't it.

Of course, they all have an agenda of some kind.

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." Samuel Clemens

Putting the "ape" in apiary since 2009.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2009, 10:37:44 AM »

So which site(s) did you use and what did you find

haven't  yet.  will when i have time.  last i heard, SCOTUS was not going to hear this. 

Alexis de Tocqueville
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2009, 11:06:54 AM »

It also came out that the Acorn investigation showed no illegal activity. Yeah! I believe that like I believe in Arkansas oceanfront property. After reading the above story, and the rebuttal, I still don't believe or not believe it.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
David LaFerney
Field Bee

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2009, 11:14:12 AM »

It also came out that the Acorn investigation showed no illegal activity. Yeah! I believe that like I believe in Arkansas oceanfront property. After reading the above story, and the rebuttal, I still don't believe or not believe it.

I don't know all that much about ACORN other than the same scam that everyone hears, but if you look close enough at any group that involves people and money - from lacosanostra down to the Harper Valley PTA you usually find a few bad apples with their fingers in the pie.

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." Samuel Clemens

deknow
Field Bee

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2009, 12:07:44 PM »

i try  not to source or fact check from sites that have agendas.

...wondering if you can name a site without an agenda?

deknow
deknow
Field Bee

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2009, 12:20:39 PM »

last i heard, SCOTUS was not going to hear this. 

...was not going to hear what?  a made up AP story?

although i'm interested in the subject (which is why i read the thread in the first place), anyone with a critical mind will have learned by now that:

1.  not everything they read on the internet is true, even things that "sound right", or fit with one's own agenda.
2.  there has been an incredible "anti-obama" smear campaign going on since the campaign started (i'm not an obama fan, and there was/is a similar smear campaign on bush).  the birth certificate issue has been hashed around for a very long time.  anyone that is attached enough to their 'agenda' to read the first post in this thread and not be skeptical enough to look into it is so attached to their agenda that facts matter very little.

i'm still curious about the status of obama wrt birthplace.  sending around fake ap stories to "prove" a point furthers no agenda other than to mislead.  the idea that a fake news story and the supreme court considering a case should be at all related (even when they are both about the same subject) is....well, i don't know what it is, but it isn't logical, and it has nothing to do with the truth.

imho, if you want to make a case for the supreme court to hear a case (even to beekeepers reading a forum), citing the facts that should lead to such a case would be helpful.

deknow
John Lee Pettimore
House Bee

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2009, 01:34:00 PM »

I haven't looked at this particular story at all, but in general I don't trust factcheck.org when it comes to BHO. There's a little conflict of interest with the Annenberg foundation and BHO.

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams.

David LaFerney
Field Bee

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2009, 03:04:11 PM »

I haven't looked at this particular story at all, but in general I don't trust factcheck.org when it comes to BHO. There's a little conflict of interest with the Annenberg foundation and BHO.

What specifically are you referring to?  Seriously - inquiring minds and all that.

deknow
Field Bee

« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2009, 05:29:13 PM »

...i looked into it (i wasn't aware of this before), but truthcheck referred to a "birth certificate" where it apparantly was a "certificate of live birth".  there is a difference between these two documents (which might be relevant in this case), but generally, i don't believe there is any functional difference between the two.
doak
Super Bee

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2009, 06:15:31 PM »

The problem I have with this subject and other subjects that fall into a serious category is why wait so long to bring it up. Those that was/is against anyone being quality or present should come forth with any thing like this before the 11.00 o'clock our. Should they have tried to find out something about the man when  he was a senator?  Some cannot live with any change what so ever and there fore curse any that comes. As for what he has done in his first year in office, good or bad, (who) could could done much better with the dish he was handed.

Happy new year every one.
 :)doak
Vibe
House Bee

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2009, 06:25:25 PM »

there is a difference between these two documents (which might be relevant in this case), but generally, i don't believe there is any functional difference between the two.
BIG difference between the two - particularly from Hawaii. Hawaii has issued COLB to out of state and out of country born children on a seemingly regular basis.

The problem I have with this subject and other subjects that fall into a serious category is why wait so long to bring it up. Those that was/is against anyone being quality or present should come forth with any thing like this before the 11.00 o'clock our. Should they have tried to find out something about the man when  he was a senator?  

:)doak
That is of course the other part of the issue. The position of Senator does not require one to be a "Natural Born" citizen like the office of President does, but whomever was responsible for checking these requirements apparently decided it was OK, or didn't matter, or just didn't do it. Neither of which is correct unless our constitution really is only for show anymore and not a legally binding limit on government - in which case we are all, already, only slaves.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 06:54:23 PM by Vibe » Logged

The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.
- Marcus Aurelius -
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2009, 06:30:33 PM »

there is a difference.  i will look for the article that explains it, but as i recall, the certificate of live birth can be issued to hawaii residents for the purposes of benefits, etc.  it can be issued even to those who were not born there.  it just means that the person exists.  it was brought up before he ran.  in fact, it was the clinton campaign that brought it up.  it was not an issue as senator because you do not need to be a natural born citizen of the US to be senator.

it would be easy to make the issue go away.  produce the BC.

As for what he has done in his first year in office, good or bad, (who) could could done much better with the dish he was handed.

that's a crap argument on so many levels i wouldn't even begin to know where to start.  a housewife out of kansas would have had a better grasp of economics, the world, and the constitution than than obama has.  

Alexis de Tocqueville
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2010, 09:40:41 AM »

Oh, but Kathy, he's a constitutional scholar, don'tcha know.  The fact that he seems to have spent more of his time 'chafing under the constraints' of the Constitution shouldn't cloud your view of him  rolleyes

As for the garbage of 'the dish he was handed' puleeze, if you were handed a dish of spoiled beef stew would you continue to not only hand it out, but make more of it, and make it even more rotten?  

And I believe his inability to produce his real birth certificate speaks volumes.  That's all it would take.  John McCain did it, why can't Barry?

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next