Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 23, 2014, 12:40:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is wrong here? Minority rule  (Read 1238 times)
Keith13
Super Bee

« on: December 23, 2009, 03:36:43 PM »

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20091221/NEWS/912219968/1349?Title=Ban-on-angels-stars-on-county-Christmas-trees

OK I am going to need some help here. Cities in California have now banned stars and angels from the top of Christmas trees. All because one let me say that again one (1) man does not like it it offends him. What ever happen to looking the other way? Wait I will make that argument next. How about the hundreds if not thousands of people who are now offended by not having a star on the tree, what about them?  Personally when I see a tree with out a star or angel that offends me I think I should waste hundreds of thousands of tax payer’s money to bring my case to the Supreme Court. Why is it now the minority rule in this country what changed and how did it change so fast? Less than twenty years ago Christmas was still about religion, and for those who were not religious just they enjoyed the day off. I bet Mr. Sutley is going to take the day off and not go to work that day and probably cash the check too. I bet when he was a marine he had no problem having the day off and cashing Uncle Sam’s check.

Why is it now if something offends someone it is taken down or in the case of television taken off the air? Why can people not look the other way or change the channel?

In this case the state of California is not mandating that all who enter these buildings must become a Christian they just have a darn tree in the corner. Mr. Sutley was able to go into the government office and accomplish everything he needed even though he is an atheist. That is what the founding fathers were after when they did away with state sponsored religion. The bleeding heart liberals are molesting the constitution. Forcing minority rule onto the majority.

Keith
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 09:55:29 PM »

sadly they take the right to practice religion as you choose and twist it to freedom from religion. It  was supposed to keep you from having to be a member of the same church that the King dictated in prior times. It was to free us from religious persecution,not ban us from expressing our religion. Maybe if we called the Christmas decorating a form of artistic expression we could get money from the NEA(national endowment for the arts).
They didn't seem to have a problem funding the "art"  of putting the crucifix with the baby Jesus in a jar of urine.That was just sad in so many ways to see taxpayer money funding anti religious views. that seems like religious persecution to me,which the Constitution is supposed to defend us against.
  I am very saddened to see the changes since I was a boy, and hope we can some how vote our way out of this hell in America that is being created.
 May the good Lord find his way to help us be once again that shining light of freedom,we need it now more than ever!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS, and I do mean to say it loud!!!

David LaFerney
Field Bee

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 10:01:53 PM »

OK.  I'm a liberal - he's an a** ***e.  That's going too far. Merry Christmas.

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." Samuel Clemens

Putting the "ape" in apiary since 2009.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 11:07:43 PM »

the kids in a school here in oregon had a giving tree in the lobby.  they didn't even call it a christmas tree.  kids could pull tags and get a gift for some kid that needed something.  ONE parent complained that a tree was religious and the tree was removed.  they replace it with giving snow man and snow woman. wonder what lesson the kids got from that? 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
lenape13
Field Bee

We survive together, or not at all!

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 11:51:34 PM »

soapbox

I, for one, do not celebrate the holiday.  Does that mean I care if everyone else does?  No.  I respect each person's right to celebrate their holidays, whether they be secular or religious.  I was taught to respect the rights of others to practice their beliefs, whether I agree with them or not.  When someone works to undermine the rights of another group or individual, that is just like saying they are more important than the rest, and it's just plain wrong.  You do not have to agree with, but you must respect the ways of others.
bee-nuts
Queen Bee

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2009, 01:38:00 AM »

Enough is enough.  If these people dont like Christmas than they need to get the heck out of this country.  This is a custom older than any person in this country.  Nobody says you have to celebrate it if you dont want to.  Since when does minority rule.  I guess this is now the Un-united States now.  Let me get this strait now.  You can walk around in public in body paint but you cant have an angle on a tree.  Ill bet a public school has to allow a Muslim time to pray.  If this offends me though Im a racist or a bigot.  But may god forgive us all if we offend one idiot with a pine tree.

The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory

Thomas Jefferson
BeeHopper
Queen Bee

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2009, 08:33:52 AM »

As a Species, the Homo Sapien has gone mad. The Nut jobs all around the world are coming out of the shadows in force, yet even though they are a minority, the goobermints bow to them. angry
irerob
House Bee

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 08:19:37 AM »

Kathy next year it will have to be 2 snow men or snow women so we don't leave the gays out of the religous holiday that chastises their sexual preference.
 It dosen't make sense so some one in goverment will think it's a great idea.

You don't need a parachute to sky dive.... you do how ever need one to sky dive twice.
 KJ4QMH.
danno
Super Bee

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010, 12:26:43 PM »

Im approaching mid 50's and at times am glad its 2/3 over. (I hope)   I grew at what I believe was the best time to live in the US.  I feel bad for my kids and future grand kids.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next