Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 16, 2014, 08:15:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what's in a word?  (Read 2779 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« on: December 19, 2009, 06:28:48 PM »

http://www.denverpost.com/headlines/ci_13265234

if you do not know about this, you need to.  many of us have water on or near our properties and this could impact us. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
cow pollinater
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 06:55:13 PM »

Yep, it doesn't matter to city folks who have water delivered by government as it is but it gives the government direct control over all us backward hicks that still think that land ownership should give us some say in how the land gets used.  Control the water and you control the people... Ask anyone in Mendota, CA right now.  They are under the governments thumb over a stupid fish. angry  You won't ever meat a more compliant bunch than those people... They'll do whatever they are told will make their situation better.
See what happens to the price of beef when the government steps in and takes control over all those man-made dirt tanks... shocked

If it doesn't kill you it makes you stronger... Or maims you for life.
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 06:59:56 PM »

It so surprised me when I learned of the 'water rights issues so many have in other parts of the country.  It's just not an issue here.  Yet ??

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
lenape13
Field Bee

We survive together, or not at all!

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 06:48:51 AM »

Sometimes I think the feds are simply spoiling for a fight.  There motto must be, "Let's see how much we can get away with."   angry
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 11:01:28 AM »

seems to me they are getting away with whatever they want.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Natalie
Queen Bee

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 10:16:05 PM »

Next it will be the air we breathe, they will figure out how to monitor how much air each of us are breathing and tax us on it.
They have no business with water on private property, you should be able to do whatever you want on your land as long as you are not hurting anyone or the environment.
Ahh, the land of the free.
Its scary, they are trying to strip Americans of every last right they have, I worry for my kids and their kdis. What will the world be like if this madness doesn't stop?
God, I cannot wait until the next election.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, 11:35:41 PM »

they are concentrating power over all, in the fed.  yes, it's scary.

Alexis de Tocqueville
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2009, 11:59:06 AM »

God, I cannot wait until the next election.

I'm afraid it'll be too late by the next election.  Seriously.

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
Natalie
Queen Bee

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2009, 04:16:45 PM »

I know I think about that too, its amazing how quickly this country has deteriorated. I mean we have always had our problems but nothing like we have now.
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2009, 04:41:26 PM »

They will squeeze every thing they can out of you and then take every thing else then skin you to make lamp shade's I've see this before. Right now I feel like the dog in the corner getting the crap kicked out of him that's about ready to snap.

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
lenape13
Field Bee

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2009, 11:35:22 PM »

Things are getting a little testy here in the People's Republic of Pennsylvania.  At times I think I hear drums in the distance.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2009, 11:38:56 PM »

don't you own arlen?   evil

Alexis de Tocqueville
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2009, 02:18:09 AM »

Ive warned all of ya before, look to the Aussie Govt for all manner of cockamaney schemes. We have the water rights debacle here. Would take me a week to explain that can of worms.

You will follow up with the fake carbon credits you wait and see. The Government deciding what land you can clear, or raqther how much you cant. The Govt then claims this locked up land as carbon credits whilst the farmer goes broke.

EVEN the Australian Flag looked sad as it hung from the edge of a platform about 20 metres above the ground at Peter Spencer’s Shannons Flat property.

Mr Spencer has gone without food for almost a month protesting State Government native vegetation laws, which prevent land clearing to meet the Federal Government Kyoto Protocol commitments without compensation.

He wants compensation on just terms for all farmers and a Royal Commission into how this could have been allowed to happen, but last Friday all he wanted was for close mate, “Woodie” to send up some more water.

Nationals Senator Barnaby Joyce likened the situation to the government taking over the third bedroom of a family home in the suburbs without asking to house the homelessness when he visited Mr Spencer on the property “Saarahnlee”.

Mr Spencer has been fighting for justice for the past decade and on Friday was supported by about 100 landholders, some who had driven through the night, from as far as Queensland, Tottenham and Nyngan in central west NSW.

Senator Joyce pleaded with Mr Spencer to come down and not harm himself and promised to do everything in his power to help.

“We know how they did it, through the State governments so they didn’t have to compensate,” Senator Joyce said.

“It was all very sneaky, but that doesn’t make it right. It doesn’t make it just and it doesn’t make it fair.”

Nyngan property owner Doug Menzies said recent talks at Copenhagen’s Climate Change Summit about locking up grasslands to use them as carbon sinks also had the potential to affect all landholders in the state.

“It’s become an argument about who owns the trees, but it’s a broader argument about property rights and land use laws.”

Nationals Member for Barwon Kevin Humphries said he has known Mr Spencer for some time and supports his calls for just terms compensation.

He said the trade off between farmers’ property rights and land use laws was “fundamentally wrong.”

Vice president of property rights Australia Lee McNicholl passed on a message from National Farmers Federation (NFF) president David Crombie that the NFF would support access to fighting funds if needed.

“I know David Crombie, he’s and old mate of mine from Uni days,” Mr McNicholl said.

“He’d support Peter’s ongoing legal process, if Peter would be flexible enough to come down.”

lenape13
Field Bee

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2009, 04:48:15 AM »

don't you own arlen?   evil

That's just one of many problems we have.  We also have a governor who threatens to lay off workers when the legislature doesn't pass things he wants passed.  Our attorney-general is busy right now bringing indictments against a prominent Dem. and some of his staff for illegal campaigning and related items.  (He's our one bright spot.  He likes to go after anyone who breaks the law, so you can imagine how much he's loved by the politicians.... evil)
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2009, 08:00:50 AM »

Between this and the EPA's co2 decision by the next election Jabba the EPA will be too big to dismantle.

Rick
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2009, 08:12:56 AM »

mick please keep us updated on this ordeal.

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
lenape13
Field Bee

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2009, 09:48:16 AM »

Question... Why is it that we, the citizenry, are always the ones who are "unreasonable", or "not flexible enough"?  The government is supposed to work for us, not against us.  Seems to be a world-wide epidemic!
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2010, 02:57:14 AM »

After 50 days, little publicity and a rally that drew 300 farmers to Parliament House, he remains up the pole after what he says is 50 days without food. I have my doubts but if he falls out of his perch through malnutrition I eat my words soon enough.

So far a Senator has offered an "Inquiry" into land clearing by farmers Inquiries are things you have when you dont want to do anything but want people to think you are doing something.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2010, 10:14:15 AM »

we already have the same here.  states are different, but some have strict land clearing and land use laws.  the feds are about to take over all water.  not only does that interfere with states rights, but individual land owners as well.  the courts have taken land from private land owners and given it to private developers with "compensation".  our feds have taken stake in private companies and are dictating product and wages.  last time i checked, that's called nationalization.  last time i checked, the name of our country was not Venezuela.  that may have changed.....

just a small sample of what's happening without even mentioning the healthcare debacle.

we are in so much more trouble than people seem to realize.  our choices are limited and none are good.

Alexis de Tocqueville
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2010, 02:07:32 AM »

Irwin he came down yesterday after 53 days, havent seen any footage, but what he was supposed to have said in the paper, I think he was half delerious, gone crackers. The photo of him, couldnt see much coz of big beard. I gather he is now in hospital.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next