Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 25, 2014, 02:49:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are people really this stupid? Part 2  (Read 963 times)
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« on: December 18, 2009, 09:52:52 AM »

Now on NPR news (again!) this morning  angry

Discussion of healthcare, a quote of a republican saying how it was going to cost american families $600/yr till 2014 with benefits.  10 billion a year will be raised BEFORE any healthcare benefits kick in.

So the newsguy (editorial, obviously) goes on to say how that it isn't true, there won't be any new taxes on families.  There will be one new tax, a minor tax on elective cosmetic surgery.  But that is the only tax.

No taxes for middle class families.  Ok. Fine.

There will be few (obviously minor!) fees that will be kicking in right away, some fees on insurance companies, and medical supply companies.

Then they had some quotes by Al Frankenstien about all the benefits that will be starting right away, but at by that point I had a) yelled at the radio and was now b) laughing my head off.

No taxes, but 10 billion in fees per year?  That's $33/year for EVERY MAN WOMAN AND CHILD!!  Since children don't pay taxes, so maybe a third of the citizens do, that increases substantially!

And they think that these companies are just going to eat 10BLN of fees?

Now add the 10BLN that Secretary of Fate Hillary just promised?

I hate profanity, but I'm really really struggling to keep from swearing lately.

Remember Al Gore?  The lying prophet of doom?  How 'bout his pet project as VP, the Universal Service Fee?  The fee on phone companies that wasn't a tax?  The fee that the government tried its hardest not to let the phone companies list on the bill?

Social security aside, I'm afraid we're entering our biggest phase of taxation without representation ever!!

Rick
John Lee Pettimore
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 10:01:25 AM »

236 years ago there was a minor protest in Boston. Something to do with tea...

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams.

Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 10:27:49 AM »

236 years ago there was a minor protest in Boston. Something to do with tea...

Those people had backbones. Sorry to say future comrade we will take this like we take everything else rammed down our throats.

Future communist
Keith
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 11:23:11 AM »

if 3 million people can make it to Rome when the pope dies, you'd think 3 million could march on washington.  that would shut the city down and maybe get their attention?

in the mean time, our "representatives" are going to be home for Christmas.  most will be hiding, but if their offices are flooded with phone calls...and better yet...snail mail, they might take notice.

i don't know if most people understand why the senate wants to pass something, or anything.  it really does not matter what they pass.  when it is done, they will take the senate bill and the house bill and "reconcile" the two.  all that means is that they will merge them into one bill.  this will be done by a few.  they could throw in a couple of things from the senate bill and then basically adopt the house bill.  they could, although they are not supposed to, pretty much re-write the whole thing.
when they are done, they will vote on it.  they only need a SIMPLE MAJORITY (51 votes) to pass the reconciled bill. 

remember, WE are the they in "why don't they do something".

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 01:22:21 PM »

Yes something should be done but the bulk off America has this ho hum attitude and feel as if nothing they do matters anyway. I hate to say but this garbage will pass and you me and everyone of our kids will pay

Keith
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009, 02:36:17 PM »

Those people had backbones. Sorry to say future comrade we will take this like we take everything else rammed down our throats.

Future communist
Keith

I'm afraid you have that anatomy wrong...but then again, that's getting more popular too.  The only benefit that I could think of that Mr. Frankenstein would say would start immediately is that nobody would be constipated anymore.... rolleyes

Rick
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2009, 10:22:01 PM »

Yes something should be done but the bulk off America has this ho hum attitude and feel as if nothing they do matters anyway. I hate to say but this garbage will pass and you me and everyone of our kids will pay

Keith

Yeah, I guess it's a little late to say "A Nation divided cannot stand." - a little late to be believed either.

be happy and make others happy.
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2009, 09:03:42 AM »

Future communist
Keith

I'm afraid you have that anatomy wrong...but then again, that's getting more popular too.  The only benefit that I could think of that Mr. Frankenstein would say would start immediately is that nobody would be constipated anymore.... rolleyes

?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next