Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 29, 2014, 02:29:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Disappearing Polar Bears  (Read 4509 times)
sqkcrk
New Bee

« on: December 17, 2009, 11:54:42 AM »

Is their decline a warning of things to come that you are paying attention to? Are humans capable of changing habits that could save these creatures and eventually ourselves?

John Lee Pettimore
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 12:05:03 PM »

No.

No.

Next question.

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams.

Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 12:35:44 PM »

I didn't realize we needed saving

Keith
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 12:45:23 PM »

i didn't know the polar bears were disappearing  Cry

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
John Lee Pettimore
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 01:21:03 PM »

If they are I bet the seals are happy about that!

George Carlin - Saving the Planet

George Carlin on "Saving the Planet"

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams.

Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 01:32:32 PM »

If they are I bet the seals are happy about that!

George Carlin - Saving the Planet

George Carlin on "Saving the Planet"

Never thought of it that way I think i see a new slogan

"Drive a gas guzzling SUV save a seal"

You heard it here first people

Keith
BeeHopper
Queen Bee

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 02:07:19 PM »

Polar Bear decline is another hoax, please add it to the list below:

Man-made Global Warming
President Barack Obama

Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2009, 04:02:20 PM »

Ya huh they are!  I've seen all kinds of pictures of those poor soft fuzzy little fellows SWIMMING IN FREEZING WATER!  How long can you last in the freezing water?  I rest my case!

And then the cannabilization?   All those reports of polar bears EATING THEIR BABIES?  Would you ever eat your baby? NEVER!!  I rest my case. They must be SOO HUNGRY the poor little things to murder and EAT THEIR OWN LITTLE CUDDLY BABIES!!!

I even saw a video where now they are falling from the sky and smashing into the ground because of the airplanes, it was HORRIBLE!!

WE NEED TO SAVE THE POLAR BEARS NOW!!!

Rick
danno
Super Bee

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2009, 08:00:47 AM »

Is their decline a warning of things to come that you are paying attention to? Are humans capable of changing habits that could save these creatures and eventually ourselves?

So as years go by you are seeing less and less polar bears over there in NY.
deknow
Field Bee

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2009, 09:13:12 AM »

of course, we know that polarbears evolved from grizzlies because the climate was static.

deknow
Mason
House Bee

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2009, 11:42:44 AM »

Big money in endangered species and global warming.   

I was floored to find out that the mountain lion is also on the endangered species list.  When you go to the save the mountain lion website they do not even list them as living in Louisiana or Alabama.  Funny thing is a guy recently shot a gigantic one in northern Louisiana and I have personally seen one in the Talladega National Forest in Alabama.  I wrote them and of course they refused to acknowledge either instance.

The worlds leading expert on polar bears was not allowed to attend the global warming conference because he was going to report the bears were actually thriving.   

Former beekeeper until March....maybe next year...RIP
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2009, 01:17:33 PM »

Big money in endangered species and global warming.   

I was floored to find out that the mountain lion is also on the endangered species list.  When you go to the save the mountain lion website they do not even list them as living in Louisiana or Alabama.  Funny thing is a guy recently shot a gigantic one in northern Louisiana and I have personally seen one in the Talladega National Forest in Alabama.  I wrote them and of course they refused to acknowledge either instance.

The worlds leading expert on polar bears was not allowed to attend the global warming conference because he was going to report the bears were actually thriving.   

Don't let a silly thing like facts get in the way. The facts are irrelevant

Keith
Mason
House Bee

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2009, 04:15:44 PM »

Don't let a silly thing like facts get in the way. The facts are irrelevant

I like using facts and logic....it confuses the liberals

Former beekeeper until March....maybe next year...RIP
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2009, 04:27:06 PM »

So now I'm wondering, Mark, are you just trolling or do you have some information about the declining polar bears?  The polar bear population that is stable after increasing for years as they recovered from over-hunting?

Or are we still basing this on supposition that the polar bears will begin to decline if the catastrophic warming that is forecasted by computer models come true?  An assumption based on a long-term deeply flawed models?

Sounds a lot like NPR recently blaming global warming for catastrophic flooding in Columbia caused by erosion created by coca-farmers clear-cutting forest to plant their drug plants.  Or Mugabe, Chavez, and Quaddaffi blaming global warming for all the damage that they've done driving their countries into horrific poverty and economic ruin.

Rick
hankdog1
Field Bee

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2009, 06:56:11 PM »

Huuumm can't stop killing each other so if the Polar Bears are disappering they don't have a chance.

Take me to the land of milk and honey!!!
sqkcrk
New Bee

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2009, 11:15:36 AM »

So as years go by you are seeing less and less polar bears over there in NY.

One grasp should be beyond ones physical reach. But I imagine you were trying to be funny here. ?

sqkcrk
New Bee

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2009, 11:21:35 AM »

Okay, so apparently the concensus of those who have replied to my OP is that the declining number of polar bears is not a problem that needs our concern, that the supposed decline is made up and that we, humans, don't have anything to worry about.

Thanks for your replies.

deknow
Field Bee

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2009, 12:11:30 PM »

mark, the point of my contribution is that the reason we have polar bears is because the climate changed and stranded a population of grizzlies that evolved into polar bears.  so, because this other "climate change" occured before we were around to stop it it's "natural"...but because the current climate does indeed change and we can observe it, it is "bad".

what really ticks me off is when people arguing for doing "something" about climate change take the stance that, "well, even if we aren't causing global warming, wouldn't it be better to adopt all these green measures to stop polluting the environment."

i'm all for reducing pollution of all kinds...but lets do this on it's own merrits, not as a bait and switch!

deknow
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2009, 12:47:50 PM »

whether you believe in adaptation or evolution, the loss of a species as it currently exists, should not be a concern.  species have come and gone over the history of the planet and long before man came on the scene.  it is likely that many of those species that do not exist now were lost in climate changes that cost them their means of survival, yet the planet survives, and those species that could adapt survive.

we are the only creature that seems bent on destroying it's own way of life, in the effort to save a lesser form of life. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
John Lee Pettimore
House Bee

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2009, 01:21:05 PM »

we are the only creature that seems bent on destroying it's own way of life, in the effort to save a lesser form of life. 

Especially one that would eat us given the chance.

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next