Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 22, 2014, 04:03:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't know what I am going to do.  (Read 1533 times)
vermmy35
Field Bee

« on: December 12, 2009, 01:08:35 PM »

The other day I decided to try and make some homemade peanut butter, and boy did it come out great.  The problem is, now my wife expects me to make it from now on and she has already gone through the first jar.  Guess I should have keep it to myself and not let her known what I can do. grin

Semper Fi to all my brothers out there
http://gettingbacktocountryliving.blogspot.com/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 01:17:24 PM »

if making PB keeps your wife happy, what a small price to pay!   grin

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Natalie
Queen Bee

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 01:23:43 PM »

You are far better off making your own, ever read the labels on jars of peanut butter?
They add alot of garbage to it that you don't need to be eating, as long as you can make your own you should.
Its fun (except for the cleaning) and easy to do anyway, have fun! Smiley
vermmy35
Field Bee

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 02:10:25 PM »

Yeah it was a lot of fun.  For the last year we have been cutting back on the processed foods to see what kind of affect it will have on our son who has Autism.  So far, it has been a favorable and his temper tantrums have been less and less.  I just wish my wife would stay out of it, especially since she is suppose to hate it.

John Lee Pettimore
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 02:25:53 PM »

Do both of you like jalepenos? shocked

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams.

Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2009, 04:36:17 PM »

I just bought some raw peanuts with the plans of growing my own come spring.  I plan to save most of what I grow this next spring as seed for the following year.  I plant to grow a 10X30 area every year eventually but need to get some idea of crop size 1st.  I'll then roast my own peanuts and make peanut butter among other things.
Bought the wife a new food processor for Christmas as the old one gave out, need to put it to work.

I know that you can keep the oil mixed into the butter better if you mix it 50/50 with honey.  The honey holds the oils in suspension with it and makes a very nice breakfast or snack spread.  You can also mix fruits into the mix if desired, dried fruits like cranberries, blueberries, or raisans work well.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Natalie
Queen Bee

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2009, 07:10:34 PM »

Vermmy, any time you can get all that processed garbage out of their diet they will do better.
That really goes for any child.
Have you tried the gluten free/casein free diet on him?
That is suppose to work miracles for some kids, behavior wise and attention wise.
It really is fun to make stuff that you use to think you could only get if you bought it, you make almond butter and all kinds of stuff.
I make homemade yogurt and the kids get to add their favorite flavors and fruits to it.
I make my own jelly and jams too and avoid all the junk thats put in it, but with the jellies you can get the flavorings from the bakery or candy supply places and make all kinds of funky flavored jelly, rootbeer, cotten candy or butter rum jelly anyone? Smiley
lenape13
Field Bee

We survive together, or not at all!

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2009, 08:53:32 PM »

Rule #1:  Never show the wife, or your employer, what you are truly capable of doing, for then they expect it of you all of the time.... grin

I did some beautiful wood-working projects for us once, and Pam then began volunteering me to all of her family for projects.  I had to put a hasty stop to that.
hankdog1
Field Bee

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2009, 01:30:59 AM »

sounds interesting any link or a recipe so i can give it a try.

Take me to the land of milk and honey!!!
vermmy35
Field Bee

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2009, 02:16:42 PM »

Sorry Hank, I made it up myself and I don't like to share recipes that I make up.  Since in the next 5 yrs I plan on opening up my own all natural food line at reasonable prices.  Right now I have one more semester in Law School and in between classes I either work on the Business plan or work on my product line.

lenape13
Field Bee

We survive together, or not at all!

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2009, 02:28:18 PM »

Sorry Hank, I made it up myself and I don't like to share recipes that I make up.  Since in the next 5 yrs I plan on opening up my own all natural food line at reasonable prices.  Right now I have one more semester in Law School and in between classes I either work on the Business plan or work on my product line.

Maybe you could use a few more taste-testers.  I'm sure we could find enough volunteers right here on this site... grin
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2009, 08:51:02 AM »

sounds interesting any link or a recipe so i can give it a try.

Its really easy, just grind/blend/process roasted peanuts until they are the consistency that you like, then add salt/sugar/honey/whatever to taste!

Honey + peanutbutter = good! (anything + peanutbutter = good  grin)

Rick
vermmy35
Field Bee

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2009, 11:08:36 AM »

The trick is to roast the peanuts yourself.

hankdog1
Field Bee

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2009, 02:40:11 AM »

Well i suspect in the case of it going into a business plan for a food line you've figure out what your gonna do.  grin

Take me to the land of milk and honey!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next