He is absolutely adorable! I wish I had some goats. :( I do still have to put up the pasture fence though. The whole project has taken alot longer than I thought.
I love those nubian ears!
A friend of mine just got a little bottle baby heffier (spelling?) 2 days ago. Their neighbor said she had the scours and wasn't eating off her mother. But this baby really wasn't in that bad of shape. They put her in the back yard, to share with the toy poodles at the moment. I was out with her husband watching her play while my friend went in to make a bottle. When she came out with the bottle, the first thing the little one did was head-butt my friend. LOL She's only about 2 weeks old, and full of spunk.
We've had so many babies around here.
- 2 orders of chicks for me, and one for my friend
- 2 hatches of chicks done in the incubator
- 3 geese hatched out (although 2 of the babies look like ducks to me!)
- 2 swan eggs due to hatch in 3 days
- 2 more geese due to hatch in 5 days
- after that we've got chicks due every week, and geese every other week for nearly all of the next month (started more chicks and geese yesterday in the incubator)
We plan to hatch out chicks all summer. My friend uses my incubator to hatch her chickens eggs. I raise the babies here, get the ads in the paper, and sell them. Then split the money. Won't make us rich, but every little bit helps. If we continue with it and don't end up with masses of unsold chickens, then the husbands said they'd build us an incubator out of an old refrigerator for next spring.