Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 25, 2014, 12:02:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 9 year old boy can no longer drive dads 30 tonne excavator 10 hours a day  (Read 1259 times)
mick
Queen Bee

« on: December 03, 2009, 01:19:47 AM »

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,,26436095-5003402,00.html

I thought it must have been one of Dallas or Kens kids, but no hes an Aussie.
beecanbee
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 01:32:14 AM »

Well, not quite the big loader - but at age 5 or so, I was standing on a box and steering the flatbed truck - using a throttle, instead of the gas pedal - as the men bucked bales.  Farm tractors, combines, etc. came later.  It was all fun - but even when it wasn't, there wasn't anything to do about it - work had to be done and kids did their share.

Paul

“I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."  Duncan Vandiver

A boy can do half the work of a man, but two boys do less, and three boys get nothing done at all. Smiley

(False) Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.  - Samuel Johnson
G3farms
Queen Bee

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 02:05:00 AM »

That sounds a lot like me, I always got to drive something around on the farm. Started out raking hay and then pulling a hay wagon, we had an old cletrac dozer that I was driving at a very young age.

G3

see my swarms and cut outs at https://www.youtube.com/user/soapy22bullet?feature=mhee

those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your @ss is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 08:07:49 AM »

Oh, for pete's sake, the kid was having a blast - he wasn't playing with Tonka trucks, he was actually driving one!  Leave him alone.

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 08:38:07 AM »

Wow...with 9 year old and 10 year old boys (and a couple of younger ones) I think I'm going to have nightmares after reading that story.  rolleyes

Rick
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 12:50:50 PM »

I'm with reinbeau on this one. Leave the folks alone.

Too many kids today are plopped down in front of the TV and ignored until their 18th birthday, then kicked out and expected to make it.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009, 09:58:22 PM »

I'm with reinbeau on this one. Leave the folks alone.

Too many kids today are plopped down in front of the TV and ignored until their 18th birthday, then kicked out and expected to make it.

That is a very astute observation.
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2009, 10:23:28 PM »

I agree, man if I had have been doing that when I was a kid, I would be the owner of the Worlds best construction/demolition company now.

I spose the lil bastard is going to school so I see no problem. It wasnt that long ago that kids were sent down the mines at 9, in some places they still are.

All us blokes know for a fact that we would be besides ourseleves with joy doing that. Its a computer game come to life. I bet my life he can work those machines with a surgeons skill.
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2009, 10:23:34 PM »

Today, too many kids will spend days on end plunked down in front of a video screen.  Ask them to help do something creative or helpful and it's too boring.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next