You can move them anytime you want. I would move the two stronger hives first, and the weakest one a week later. That way, if there were any stragglers, they would take up with the weaker hive. Moving them at dusk works best for me.
For protection of the hives, I would wait as long as possible. No matter how safe the destination is, I think your deck would be safer still, from vandalism or natural occurrences.
PS... A 30 minute drive in Atlanta? From my experiences, you should be able to walk that distance in ten minutes. :evil: :-D