Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 25, 2014, 04:49:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(2)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: a cause for concern  (Read 496 times)
ayyon2157
House Bee

« on: November 27, 2009, 08:53:23 PM »

Hello:

I have been called parenoid, cynical, and conservative, but there is something going on which deeply concerns me.

As nearly all of us are painfully aware, the balance of payments situation with China is severely out of balance, and people are wondering what happens if China cuts off our credit.  NOT GOING TO HAPPEN IN THE FORSEEABLE FUTURE!

The reason, as I see it, is that the paper money we send to China can be used to literally buy up our country a piece at a time.  Usually, a country is smart enough to refuse to sell valuable assets to another country, but such does  not seem to be the case with China.

Suppose that over time China was to acquire our phosphorous mines, our lead mines, our uranium mines, our choice farmland, our growing timber, our commercial real estate,and our most successful corporations, what would we have in effect traded for? Things of short life such as plastic toys, clothing, electronic devices with about a year of useful life, light bulbs, and food would lead the list. Only the landfills would see much advantage.

As an example of the short-sighted "garage sale" mentality of our legislators, the big toll road across the Northern part of Indiana was recently sold to a company based in Spain.

Just thought you all needed something more to worry about.

ayyon2157

William H. Michaels
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 02:13:23 AM »

I brought that up some time ago. The chinese are very clever, dont think they dont check the balance of trade figures every morning. Theres something cooking, just wait and see. The AUD was .94 to the Greenback the other week, when you see that, you know the US is in economic trouble.

The chinese have been here since the Gold rush in the 1850s and hardly any other Asians were here until the 1980s. When I was a kid it was incredible to see the oldest most chinese looking man speaking with an Aussie accent. It still makes me smile. So we dont mind the chinese in general. First take away food in Aussie was chinese, in the 60s people used to take saucepans to the local chinese and fill em up, no take away containers in those days. They dug round holes looking for gold, no corners to make you see made heaps and a lot quicker than the rest. They fitted in very well, married with a lot of Irish, a lot went home, a lot stayed and took up business and market gardening and food and gambling and opium.

Now though, the Government is letting non Australian Citizens buy houses. The chinese are driving the price of housing up to buggery. They buy units for their kids to stay in while they are here studying, buy a house for themselves for when then can get residency and buy thousands as investment properties.

Be careful the same thing doesnt happen over there, its put 100 grand  on top of the price of an average house here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next