Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 02, 2014, 12:04:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boston police won't pursue case vs. fan  (Read 979 times)
BigRog
House Bee

« on: April 17, 2005, 03:22:30 PM »

Boston police won't pursue case vs. fan
But Yankees' Sheffield still could press charges

AP
In this video image, Yankees outfielder Gary Sheffield tussles with a Red Sox fan. The fan reached into the field of play when Sheffield was fielding a ball in Boston's 8-5 win on Thursday.  
NBCSports.com news services
Updated: 2:45 p.m. ET April 17, 2005The fan who sparked the incident at Fenway Park last Thursday by taking a swipe at New York Yankees outfielder Gary Sheffield won't face charges from the police but still might be punished, the New York Times reported Sunday.

The fan, Chris House of Dorchester, Mass., hit Sheffield in the eighth inning as the outfielder was picking up a ball in play. Sheffield shoved House, threw the ball back into the infield, then confronted House again before security arrived.

The Boston Police Department won't press charges against House, but a police spokesman said Sheffield could, the New York Times reported.

"It's up to Sheffield; if he wants to press charges, he is free to do so," officer Mike McCarthy, a spokesman for the Boston Police Department, said, the newspaper reported. "But no police report has been filed, and no action has been taken at this time."

The Red Sox also could revoke House's tickets, the newspaper reported.

Sheffield's agent, Rufus Williams, said he was disappointed that the Boston police wouldn't press charges, but he declined to say what action Sheffield would pursue, the Times reported.

"Does it disappoint me?" Williams said, the newspaper reported. "I guess it does. In fact, something did occur. But we will let the dust settle and decide where we go from there."

A Red Sox spokesman said the team hadn't decided on a course of action, either.

"They're still talking to people and reviewing things with Major League Baseball," spokesman Glenn Geffner said, the Times reported. "There probably will be a resolution in a couple of days."

Sheffield will meet with baseball officials Monday, and Major League Baseball is expected to announce its ruling next week, and Williams has said that Sheffield would probably appeal any punishment, the Times reported.

"Lurch my good man,…what did you mean when you said just now that 'You've got better things to do than run my petty little errands'…….?"
Jay
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2005, 03:36:53 PM »

By the way, the day after this incident occured, Fenway Park put signs up by all seats that applied, that ANY interference with balls in play would result in the immediate ejection of that fan. Which I think is a pretty immediate and appropriate response! Some people just don't know how to have fun, and spoil it for the rest of us!! rolleyes

By the rude bridge that arched the flood
Their flag to Aprils breeze unfurled
Here once the embattled farmers stood
And fired the shot heard round the world
-Emerson
BigRog
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2005, 10:54:14 PM »

darn sox fans!

lmao

"Lurch my good man,…what did you mean when you said just now that 'You've got better things to do than run my petty little errands'…….?"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next