Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 19, 2014, 01:51:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 200,000 buffaloes killed  (Read 1599 times)
Keith13
Super Bee

« on: November 24, 2009, 11:10:11 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,576529,00.html

200,000 animals killed sounds like it going to be one H E double hockey sticks of a BBQ

Keith
Mason
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 12:10:25 PM »

Fire up the smoker and we are going to need a sh.... (whole lot) of potato salad

Former beekeeper until March....maybe next year...RIP
Sparky
Field Bee

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 12:20:39 PM »

Think I am going to go out before this happens next time and buy stock in BBQ sauce producer stocks. evil
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 09:39:57 PM »

Naw, I think that they just baste their buffalo with a little of the Ganges for flavor.  That'll make your eyes water. rolleyes

Rick
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2009, 01:51:56 AM »

Just an archaic stupid waste. This is the crap that ends up as cheap shoes and couches.

Not as bad as when the Bison were exterminated to remove the food supply from the American Indians.
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2009, 08:15:08 AM »

The thing is, this sort of thing is done all over the world, every day in processing plants, you just don't see it happening and the animals are "mostly" killed quickly. It said the people eat all animals that were sacrificed, so although a bit barbaric in practice the animals aren't going to waste.

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2009, 05:28:13 PM »

First....200,000 buffaloes were NOT killed.

Second...comparing this to extermination of bison to starve Indians, it not even a connection....other than another poor attempt to once again bash the U.S.

I've come to expect no less from some......  Wink

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2009, 02:25:17 AM »

When I start bashing the US, trust me you will know about it.

Theres no shortage of targets thats for sure, but if you are extremely bored one day and read some of my other posts, you will find no stauncher supporter of the U.S.A. Note the capitals grin

Down here, we had to resort to shooting, drowning, and poisoning flour to do away with as many Aboriginals as we could. Kangaroos dont do big herds unfortunately. Plus the Abo`s didnt have a teepee between them. (the Aboriginals adapted to eating anything that was non toxic. Worms, grubs, beetles, moths, ants, you name it) so they were hard to find in large numbers, infact there were no large numbers. No one knows how many Aboriginals inhabited Australia prior to white settlement/invasion. Maybe 50,000, maybe 500,000, by the time the Government got around to counting them, there were a few thousand left. As recently as the 1970s there were a few Aboriginals in the bush that had rejected the white mans way of life. All dead now.

Tasmania, that so many of you are fascinated by, now has a population of 250,000 and falling. When White man got there in around 1800, there were 3 or 4 thousand Aboriginals there. So they held hunts and eventually herded what was left over a cliff to their deaths. When I was 10 I thought 200 years was a long time. Then I met old people whose grandparents were alive in the early 1800s and you realise just how short 200 years is in the scheme of things.

My post was not directed at the initiator of the topic, nor anyone else, rather just a reflection on the history of killing hundreds of thousands of animals for "no good reason". Western society has moved on from these pathetic religious rituals. What we have elsewhere is huge populations whose education remains firmly in the stone age. If these people continue to remain uneducated and have no forward thinking leaders, they are one step away from Human Sacrifice IMO.

I like the Bison. There is one in the W.A. Museum. Whenever I go over there, I always have a look at it. Its as big as a bloody Elephant, I fell in love with it at first sight.

I do wonder what they taste like. The hide is tremendous, enough bones to be productive as fertiliser. If the meat is tasty, surely they could become a commercial sustainable resource. I guess the bastards eat a lot though. How many to an acre could you run? Maybe just 1 or less id guess?

JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2009, 09:08:49 AM »

I buy grass fed Bison, its delicious!

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2009, 10:25:09 AM »

Western society has moved on from these pathetic religious rituals. What we have elsewhere is huge populations whose education remains firmly in the stone age. If these people continue to remain uneducated and have no forward thinking leaders, they are one step away from Human Sacrifice IMO.

hmmmm.  i love my modern stuff.  wouldn't want to do without it.  i do wonder if we are better off as a society now that we are "enlightened" and have grown out of our pathetic religious rituals. 
other than in protest against something, there are not to many things other than pathetic religious rituals that unite a people.  unless their religion includes things like human head hunting, i'd say they are better off left with theirs, than we are having given up ours

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
John Lee Pettimore
House Bee

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2009, 10:31:46 AM »

unless their religion includes things like human head hunting, i'd say they are better off left with theirs, than we are having given up ours

We might even be better off if some groups had more aggressively practiced head hunting.

Say, I don't know, Aboriginals?
 lau

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams.

hankdog1
Field Bee

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2009, 11:48:34 AM »

Now i could be wrong and correct me if i am but isn't Hindu a form of  Buddhism?  Just curious if so they believe in reincarnation and that if you lead a bad life karma will make you come back as an animal.  Well if so i guess in theory at least some of these people could be munching down on fatty tasting dad, chewy mom, and the ever popular sweet and tender grandparents. Just a thought guys but looking like cannibalism might still be practiced on a large scale.

Take me to the land of milk and honey!!!
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2009, 12:59:53 PM »

"Thousands of terrified buffaloes will have their heads cut off by drunken devotees," said Bardot, according to Sky News.

I wonder how she managed to escape?

grin

I don't know what the problem here is....buffalo over there are like our cows or sheep, they just decided to do it all in one big party (although I think the party is wrong).  They still eat the buffalos.

To compare that to the american west is...well...uninformed.  But that is ok, we understand   grin

Boy, I remember my big american herd-an-indian-off-a-cliff manhood initiation!  Those were fond memories.  The blood curdling screams, the horror, the carnage!  Ahh...makes me feel alive again!!

Rick

Rick
lenape13
Field Bee

We survive together, or not at all!

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2009, 11:40:18 PM »

I think this is yet another topic on which I will remain silent... Lips Sealed
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next