Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 17, 2014, 04:04:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Govt reversal on mammograms  (Read 2593 times)
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2009, 05:56:21 PM »

What about the self breast exams. They are telling us not to do them either until you are 50. Because we might find something like a lump that would need a biopsy that in turn may turn out to be nothing and then all that worry and cost for nothing. Pretty outrageous.
bee-nuts
Queen Bee

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2009, 06:12:39 PM »

What about the self breast exams. They are telling us not to do them either until you are 50. Because we might find something like a lump that would need a biopsy that in turn may turn out to be nothing and then all that worry and cost for nothing. Pretty outrageous.

From what I heard on tv last night they (self breast examination) had no significance at all in detection and prevention increases and they will get ride of funding for training and education women how to do it altogether but tell women to be aware of there breasts.

The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory

Thomas Jefferson
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2009, 08:32:44 AM »

http://www.2theadvocate.com/opinion/70588177.html

Comments from a Dr. at local cancer center. It just blows my mind the recent reversal by the govt.

Keith
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2009, 12:02:07 PM »

Now they did a similar reversal on pap smears, not that I disagree.

Its cheaper and easier to let a few women die of it than it is to do the vast majority of the tests needlessly.  It is only a few.

Whether or not we agree with it or not, regardless of their intentions, the timing on these recommendations is just awful.

Rick
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2009, 07:30:08 PM »

Now they did a similar reversal on pap smears, not that I disagree.

Its cheaper and easier to let a few women die of it than it is to do the vast majority of the tests needlessly.  It is only a few.

Whether or not we agree with it or not, regardless of their intentions, the timing on these recommendations is just awful.

Hh, contere, I think the timing is just perfect to make think a bit more about what they'll really be getting.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Michael Bush
Universal Bee

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2009, 11:03:44 AM »

Western medicine is nothing but an artificial belief system.  Those beliefs were always based on financial issues.  They changed dramatically when insurance came into common usage and will change dramatically again when the financial issues change.  As is already happening.

Michael Bush
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--Rick Nielsen
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next