Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 22, 2014, 04:36:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: congressman headed to jail??  (Read 1565 times)
Keith13
Super Bee

« on: November 16, 2009, 11:20:50 AM »

Did yall all see our beloved rep. Jefferson was convicted and sentenced to 13 years in Jail. Also will have to forfeit 400K. He still remains free at this time and of course will appeal the sentence.
My bet he never sees the inside of a cell for more than 24 hrs

Keith
lmehaffey
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 04:29:12 PM »

Maybe he can be roomies with our former mayor, Larry Langford, who got nailed on 60 counts of corruption charges. He, too, is free until sentencing and will appeal and re-appeal until they finally have to widen the prison doors to accomodate his PowerChair!

It is what it is.......except when it isn't.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 04:35:15 PM »

i have a hard time being sympathetic toward communities that suffer when they keep electing the same criminals.  the schools are in the dumper, the disasters have more impact, unemployment is higher, and they put the same people in office.  they know these folks are corrupt.  i just don't get it.

it is nice to see some of them having their day in court!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 04:53:21 PM »

this guy was under indictment and the fools in N.O. reelected him. Thank You Acorn

Keith
bee-nuts
Queen Bee

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 05:31:06 PM »

here is a winner in my neighborhood

http://www.fox21online.com/news/wisconsin-assembly-preparing-expel-representative-after-fifth-owi

The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory

Thomas Jefferson
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 05:46:28 PM »

we have one here too.  100,000.00 dollars missing and she lost the election for mayor of her town.  after she lost, she called in to say she was taking a vacation!  any bets on where the money went?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 06:15:17 PM »

I bet he will do time Keith, too many people are outraged by his antics. We need to make an example of him and put his butt under the jail!

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
lakeman
House Bee

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2009, 06:27:54 AM »

i have a hard time being sympathetic toward communities that suffer when they keep electing the same criminals.  the schools are in the dumper, the disasters have more impact, unemployment is higher, and they put the same people in office.  they know these folks are corrupt.  i just don't get it.

Time for a national revolt, every one with any smarts at all should not vote for any incumbant. Cast your vote for inexperience, and after a few years there will be no such thing as a power monger in government.

I am my own biggest critic!
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2009, 08:40:43 AM »

i have a hard time being sympathetic toward communities that suffer when they keep electing the same criminals.  the schools are in the dumper, the disasters have more impact, unemployment is higher, and they put the same people in office.  they know these folks are corrupt.  i just don't get it.

Time for a national revolt, every one with any smarts at all should not vote for any incumbant. Cast your vote for inexperience, and after a few years there will be no such thing as a power monger in government.

I'm not so sure I buy into that line of thinking. I believe most politicians by time they run for a national office are already schooled in how local politics work. Most ran for local state or city districts, mayors, aldermans, tax boards, whatever. When they hit the national scene it seems to me that would be like hitting the major leagues for them.

Keith
Vibe
House Bee

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2009, 10:37:38 AM »

"Serving" in public office should be just that...Just like jury duty. In fact anyone who actively seeks to be elected should be disqualified on those grounds - avoids those ulterior motives. Cheesy
That and putting "No Acceptable Candidates" as one of the options on the ballots would keep the write in protest vote congealed into something with some meaningful power.

The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.
- Marcus Aurelius -
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2009, 11:27:24 AM »

i don't know about casting your vote for inexperience.  that how we got this prez!   grin

i think the biggest mistake people make is voting for party.  the next biggest, and related mistake, is not being informed.  if you could fix those two problems, most people would discover they are conservatives and would vote that way.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Mason
House Bee

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2009, 12:35:24 PM »

My advice is to attend local town hall meetings etc.

Just last night I was able to publicly ask my commissioner why there was no independent auditing of the general fund.  He was forced to admit that all auditing of the general fund was done internally.  Sort of the fox watching the hen house.

I really don't think it accomplished much.  It was however really fun watching him stammer like a blithering idiot until he launched into a big non answer diatribe.  It also made everyone in the room aware that the counties general fund is not audited independently and there is no accountability where the money is actually going other than what the county tells us. 

Really,  what could it hurt.  Either we would uncover corruption or misappropriations or find that we have no corruption.  Either way they would collect more money.  There is only one logical answer as to why an elected official would not support and independent audit.     

Former beekeeper until March....maybe next year...RIP
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2009, 01:21:02 PM »

My advice is to attend local town hall meetings etc.

Just last night I was able to publicly ask my commissioner why there was no independent auditing of the general fund.  He was forced to admit that all auditing of the general fund was done internally.  Sort of the fox watching the hen house.

I really don't think it accomplished much.  It was however really fun watching him stammer like a blithering idiot until he launched into a big non answer diatribe.  It also made everyone in the room aware that the counties general fund is not audited independently and there is no accountability where the money is actually going other than what the county tells us. 

Really,  what could it hurt.  Either we would uncover corruption or misappropriations or find that we have no corruption.  Either way they would collect more money.  There is only one logical answer as to why an elected official would not support and independent audit.     

Careful don't mess with the general funds thats how all the little pet projects get done rolleyes

Keith
Mason
House Bee

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2009, 03:28:26 PM »

Careful don't mess with the general funds that's how all the little pet projects get done

No kidding Keith.  The look on his face was like he had discovered a turd in a punch bowl.  Priceless!  Hw dare I ask them to be accountable.

Yet we continue to cue up and pay into it with no accountability on their end.  I understand this is business as usual most places but it really should be changed and I am going to do my part to create awareness and then maybe something will happen. 

Former beekeeper until March....maybe next year...RIP
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2009, 03:29:41 PM »

More power to you my friend

Keith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next