Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: white house bee's  (Read 1380 times)

Offline danno

• Super Bee
white house bee's
« on: November 16, 2009, 08:56:25 AM »
150 mite drop a day and they are not treating.   Bet they dont tell the news media when this one crashes

Offline luvin honey

• Super Bee
Re: white house bee's
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 10:25:49 AM »
Wow! I'm shocked they're publicizing mite counts! Even as a beek, I think the country has more pressing issues right now than the state of the White House bees.  :roll:
The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson

Offline danno

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 10:35:01 AM »
These bee's are just a publicity stunt because from what i heard obama wanted to cut funding for CCD research.  Just rounding up voters for round 2.   Just like Clinton in hunting gear supposedly goose hunting

Online kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 11:16:40 AM »
i don't mind him cutting the funding.  wish he'd cut a whole bunch of other funding/spending also. 

where did you see the info on the mite counts?  i have not heard about the WH bees in a long time!
.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline lenape13

• Field Bee
  • We survive together, or not at all!
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 11:45:04 AM »
I think we should start with cutting White House funding and work from there.

Offline Hethen57

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 02:34:39 PM »
Maybe this was planned, like the economic failures of the economy...after the hive dies, it will be used as a prop for a junk science "global warming" speech...first the Polar Bears, now the Bees!
-Mike

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 07:00:19 PM »
i don't mind him cutting the funding.  wish he'd cut a whole bunch of other funding/spending also. 

where did you see the info on the mite counts?  i have not heard about the WH bees in a long time!

BeeCulture magazine November issue

Offline danno

• Super Bee
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2009, 08:31:51 AM »
I did read this in the Nov Gleaning.  It was in winding down at the white house.  I reread last night and had the number wrong.  It was 116 - 139 daily count

Offline mtbe

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2009, 02:06:40 PM »
Parasites?  In Washington? 

Only to be expected.   :)

Offline troutstalker2

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2009, 10:07:30 PM »

The bees obviously need health care reform... they can not afford basic health care.