Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 18, 2014, 05:51:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Wife And I's Big Date!  (Read 4726 times)
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« on: November 14, 2009, 11:46:17 AM »

Yesterday morning we said our daily morning goodbyes as she stumbled off to work and I dragged myself outta the house to get some work in as well. "Hope You Feel Better" was the theme, has been the theme actually this entire past week since Monday morning, when we both awakened with sore throats. Her in Louisiana, I in Mississippi.

Yesterday evening we spoke by phone and she informed me she was heading over to the after hours clinic for a shot right after work as she just couldn't take it anymore, poor soul, she could barely speak, her throat hurt her so.

"Wanna come with me and get a shot too?" is what she asked. The date was on!

As the day progressed and we both continued to feel like ga ga, our Friday night date couldn't get there any sooner.

I thought about going to the doctor on Thursday as I was just having trouble shaking this cold or whatever I had, even though the Zicam I was taking every friggin' three hours seemed to help some, but thus certain symptoms persisted.

Man, where the heck is she, its twenty 'til six now, I'm ready for my big date already!

I get a phone call, she's swooping on by to pick me up in ten minutes, the date is on!

We drive over to the clinic, sign in and wait two hours or so to be seen. Of course I can't sit still and am blabbering about this and that, because you see, she can't do any blabbering cause of her sore throat, hurts too bad to talk. shocked

She leans over against me and we have a snuggle, waiting and a waiting to see the doctor, each of us feeling worse by the minute.

Our names are finally called, whoopee, we get to go into another waiting room! More snuggling. Wink

We were very impressed with this clinic's thoroughness. So after a total of three and a half hours we were sent on our way, prescriptions in hand.

What a date, but it was, kinda sorta. We haven't been able to spend this much time together in a good while.

There would be no kiss goodnight though, well a peck on the cheek, if that counts.

You see, my wife was diagnosed with strep throat, me with pneumonia. We got some good snuggling in and had some laughs about our pathetic date. Here's hoping to a better date, next time, oh well. Cry grin

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
Natalie
Queen Bee

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 11:57:24 AM »

Oh gosh JP, I hope you both feel better real soon. Its awful to be so sick.
The meds work pretty fast at least in the case of strep.
I was at the clinic Sunday and was diagnosed with strep, they gave me antibiotics and I was feeling a little better the next day and sooo much better by Tuesday.
My throat still hurts for a while in the morning and then off and on during the day but it is so much better.
I feel bad for her, its like swallowing glass.
Tell your wife to take probiotics or eat ALOT of yogurt while she is taking antibiotics(it will probably feel good on her throat anyway), it wouldn't hurt you either.

You with pneumonia, you must have got run down working so much. Its a good thing you caught that or you could have ended up in a bad situation.
You guys need to take some time off and recuperate, rent movies and snuggle on the couch or in bed.
It sounds like a great date but I hope next time you get to do dinner and a movie.

Feel better soon.
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 12:26:52 PM »

I'm feeling better today, she's feeling worse, but the meds will help her. It was a blessing in disguise that we went to the clinic. I had pneumonia about fifteen years ago and was in a small town in Mississippi with 105.5 temperature. For two days my head literally felt like it was in a vise and I was so congested, I had to sleep face down. The Doc said this case is in my left lung and I caught it early, thank God.

...JP

and

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 12:34:59 PM »

JP I wish you and your wife a speedy recovery  yippie chick

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 06:29:30 PM »

Some date!  I hope you're both feeling better soon!

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 07:25:50 PM »

One thing about you JP, is you keep your sense of humor. That was actually a cute story even though you were both suffering.

I am sorry you are so, so sick right now.  Keep the faith my friend and keep eating those good things that will get you well

Sincerely
Annette
Sparky
Field Bee

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2009, 07:39:27 PM »

They could have at the least, lit a candle for you at the clinic. My god they didn't offer you anything to eat. Some Date! grin Forgot the Mrs. would not be able to swallow it. They could have whipped you up some frozen drinks. evil Wish you both a quick recovery so you can go on a better date.
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2009, 07:49:42 PM »

Good thing you both didnt die of old age instead of strp. and pneumonia while waiting that long!

your friend,
john

JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 08:51:50 PM »

I actually felt pretty good this morning but battled fatigue most of the day, but the antibiotics are clearing things up. My wife has her voice back and has slept most of the day, our date last night must have been most exhausting to her. grin

Thanks for the nice wishes.

...JP

and

G3farms
Queen Bee

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2009, 09:07:14 PM »

A speedy recovery to you both.

popsycles are good for that sore throat and help to keep you hydrated and the sugar will give a little energy.

G3

see my swarms and cut outs at https://www.youtube.com/user/soapy22bullet?feature=mhee

those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your @ss is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2009, 10:12:44 PM »

JP, listen to one who knows - rest.  Your body needs it.  Do not push yourself, or you could go right over a cliff - trust me, been there, done that, it isn't fun!

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2009, 12:00:24 AM »

well, that sucks.  the only bright spot is that you two are sick together.  nothing more aggravating than a sick husband draped over the couch looking like death warmed over while you work your backside off trying to keep him from whining.  evil

this way you can share the pain!

get well soon and take anns advice!!!!!!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2009, 09:48:59 AM »

well, that sucks.  the only bright spot is that you two are sick together.  nothing more aggravating than a sick husband draped over the couch looking like death warmed over while you work your backside off trying to keep him from whining.  evil

this way you can share the pain!

get well soon and take Ann's advice!!!!!!

Boy, Kathy, you aren't kidding, wouldn't know what to do if I had a a sick husband draped over the couch looking like death warmed over while working my backside off trying to keep him from whining.  evil  grin

Ann, the old me or uh, the younger me, would have gone to the reptile show yesterday. We have one going on this weekend, I may go today for a short while if I'm feeling up to it.

One of my aunt's who used to be a nurse called me last night once she found out about our sorry date and verdict. She said there's a pneumonia shot I could get that's good for five years. Gonna look into it most certainly.

Who here has gotten a flu shot this season? What about the swine shot? Pluses and minuses of either?

...JP

and

Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2009, 09:54:23 AM »

I hope you both get well and stay that way for a good while.

be happy and make others happy.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2009, 10:41:43 AM »

Boy, Kathy, you aren't kidding, wouldn't know what to do if I had a a sick husband

i was thinking of your poor wife!

i had the flu.  nasty stuff.  i NEVER get sick, and i was not as sick with it as some, but it did go into my chest and i did end up on antibiotics and an inhaler.  i can see how it would be a dangerous bug for some.  the gunk in my lungs came on so fast,  and i was in immediate distress with it. 

my husband has had the H1N1 shot.  no side effects.  i'd say that the shot he got was far better than the crud i got!  smiley

the thing about this flu...for anyone who get it....is that it comes back on you.  my granddaughter got it and was fine after a week, then got sick again.  same with me.  i was sick with the flu type symptoms the first week, was fine and even drove to CA for a short camping trip.  all i had right after being sick was a bit of a cough.  by the end of the next week, i was drowning in gunk and sick again.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Sparky
Field Bee

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2009, 11:22:32 AM »

nothing more aggravating than a sick husband draped over the couch looking like death warmed over while you work your backside off trying to keep him from whining. That Kathy has some tough love for her sick man. HUH?? grin Assuming he was not one of her fellow Marines otherwise I can picture her asking him if he can walk. If he says yes, then her saying, OK GET ON YOUR FEET AND LETS GO!!
JP to comment on the, Who here has gotten a flu shot this season? What about the swine shot? Pluses and minuses of either?
The people that I had talked to with sick siblings with the swine flu and got the shot had some with no problems and some that felt like crap. You know how it is that some of the old grizzled people like Kathy are tough with good immune systems and some are not as fortunate and get sick easily. I am lucky in that my better half has a Day Care and we are around everything going around in schools and it seems I hardly ever get sick until everyone else has passed the stuff around and is over with it and then I might get something that brings me down.

Highlandsfreedom
House Bee

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2009, 12:33:38 PM »

Glad you both are feeling better and now yall can go on a real date right?

To bee or not to bee that is the question I wake up to answer that every morning...
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2009, 03:43:43 PM »

I got the regular flu shot 3 weeks ago it was nothing with nothing.  I don't plan on getting the H1N1 shot though because of things I have heard about it.  Unfortunatey I work in a hospital and register sick patients all day long, so I have been exposed to some really sick people lately.  I hope and pray I don't end up with anything this winter, but I very rarely get sick.

Glad you are feeling somewhat better.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2009, 03:49:22 PM »

i was not a Marine.  i was their navy doc.  grin

annette, i have not seen anything worse about the H1N1 vaccine than with the annual flu shot.  what have you seen or heard about?  i didn't plan on getting it or the regular.  not in a high risk group and have very limited exposure to the public. (thank god!) 

i know quite a few who have gotten it, but have not heard anything bad so far.

Alexis de Tocqueville
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2009, 03:58:18 PM »

i was not a Marine.  i was their navy doc.  grin

annette, i have not seen anything worse about the H1N1 vaccine than with the annual flu shot.  what have you seen or heard about?  i didn't plan on getting it or the regular.  not in a high risk group and have very limited exposure to the public. (thank god!) 

i know quite a few who have gotten it, but have not heard anything bad so far.

Cindi emailed me a whole bunch of stuff on this flu shot and how it is experimental and "they" don't even know what the results could be from it. I will try to find the article for you.  The truth of the matter is, I am a very strong person and never get sick even though I work around sick people. So even getting the other flu shot was probably not necessary at all for me. I had already made up my mind not to get this H1N1 shot anyway even before reading what Cindi sent to me.
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2009, 04:02:08 PM »

Kathy

Here is some of the information that Cindi emailed me. Don't know what to believe really, but see what you think. There was something else she sent me about it being experimental, but can't find that article.

"Here is one Doctor's thoughts on the H1N1 (Swine Flu) shots.  Certainly makes one wonder what to do.

Subject: DR. RUSSELL BLAYLOCK ON SWINE FLU

This is an email sent to a friend of Dr. Blaylock and is now being
Forwarded to anyone interested. Please pass it along. Also note the
Attached biography of Dr. Blaylock. Dr. Blaylock is a board
Certified neurosurgeon, author and lecturer. He attended the LSU
School of Medicine in New Orleans and completed his general surgical
Internship and neurosurgical residency at the Medical University of
South Carolina in Charleston, SC.

No one should take this vaccine (Swine Flu vaccine)—it is one of the
Most dangerous vaccines ever devised. It contains an immune adjuvant
Called squalene (MF-59) which has been shown to cause severe
Autoimmune disorders such as MS, rheumatoid arthritis and Lupus.
The newsletter for August covers this and it may not be out yet.
This is the vaccine adjuvant that is strongly linked to the Gulf War
Syndrome, which killed over 10,000 soldiers and caused a 200%
Increase in the fatal disease ALS (Lou Gehreg disease). T his virus
H1N1 kills by causing a “cytokine storm”, which means that it cause
The body’s immune system to overreact and that is why it is killing
Young people and is a mild disease in the elderly. (The elderly have
Weakened immune systems.) This vaccine is a very powerful immune
Stimulator and carries the real possibility of making the lethality
Of the virus much greater.

One’s best protection is vitamin D3.. One should take 5000 I a day now and when the disease begins to spread increase the dose to 15,000 I a day. Vitamin D3 modulates the immune reaction, reducing the chance of an
Overreaction and stimulates the body to produce what are called
Antimicrobial peptides, which are powerful killers of viruses that
Does not involve immunity. This is dose related, which means the
Higher the dose of vitamin D3 the better the protection. Fish oils
(the best is Carlson’s Norwegian lemon flavored fish oil) also
Reduce immune overreaction. One teaspoon a day should be sufficient.
For severe symptoms, one teaspoon twice a day. Antioxidants of
Various kins also help—this includes, quercetin, curcumin, grape seed  extract, vitamin C and natural vitamin E. a good multivitamin/mineral such as Extend Core ( www.vrp.com ) is also essential.

Feel free to spread this around. People need to know how to protect themselves."

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2009, 04:23:00 PM »

http://www.cdc.gov/H1N1flu/vaccination/pregnant_qa.htm

Does the 2009 H1N1 flu shot have an adjuvant or squalene in it?
Adjuvants are agents that are sometimes added to a vaccine to make it more effective. There are no adjuvants (such as squalene) in either the 2009 H1N1 or seasonal flu shot used in the United States.

some people do react to thimerosal, but they probably already know about it if they do.

at this point, i don't think skipping the shot if you are healthy and not in a high risk group is a big deal.  i am far more concerned about what this virus will look like next year.  the only advantage to mass vaccination now, would be if it offered some protection from a mutated virus and there is no way to know at this point.

i do think the benefit out weighs the risk for those in high risk groups.  guess it's one of those things that folks have to decide after doing their own research.

Alexis de Tocqueville
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2009, 04:25:36 PM »

I agree with you Kathy on this.

Stay healthy and peaceful and make good decisions for yourself.

Annette
Natalie
Queen Bee

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2009, 05:13:18 PM »

No one in my family will be getting any of those shots. I am not big on injecting my body with foreign substances of unknown nature along with live viruses.
No matter what they tell you is in the vaccine, there is always something that is downplayed and that should not be in it.
Everyone reacts to thimerisol whether they recognize the symptoms or not, thimerisol is made up of 50 percent mercury.
I would never willingly or knowingly allow myself or my family to be injected with mercury.
Some may have a severe reaction and others may think they don't have one but they don't recognize the more subtle symptoms.
There is a woman who is in charge of the CDC and she was on the news telling everyone to get the H1N1 shot, when the interviewer asked her point blank if she would be getting one she said no, I am not at risk.
OOOkay.
But who says you can't trust the goverment to do right by us?
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2009, 05:16:52 PM »

Alan Bukley is an EMT from Alabama, anyone who knows Alan knows he is bright, energetic and thorough. He has been dead on with the information he has advised me with concerning this swine flu, now being called H1N1. Kathy, he mentioned the current risk group and the possibility and concern for this H1N1 to mutate, thus affecting those people outside of the risk group now.

I went to the reptile show and bought a beautiful Brook's Kingsnake. I am feeling better albeit not 100%. Highlands, you're right, the wife and I are due a real date.

...JP

and

annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2009, 05:34:14 PM »

I knew you would feel better once you saw the reptiles grin grin grin

Let's see how he/she looks.  How do you know if it is he or she??
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2009, 05:43:11 PM »

I knew you would feel better once you saw the reptiles grin grin grin

Let's see how he/she looks.  How do you know if it is he or she??

I will post some pics of him soon Annette. For now I'm not disturbing him while he adjusts to his new home. The man I purchased him from had him listed as a proven male, so he has been put to stud before.

...JP

and

Sparky
Field Bee

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2009, 09:51:08 PM »

The man I purchased him from had him listed as a proven male, so he has been put to stud before. How could he tell if he hooked up. Did he say that his tongue was hanging out ? tongue
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2009, 04:45:30 PM »

No one in my family will be getting any of those shots. I am not big on injecting my body with foreign substances of unknown nature along with live viruses.
No matter what they tell you is in the vaccine, there is always something that is downplayed and that should not be in it.
Everyone reacts to thimerisol whether they recognize the symptoms or not, thimerisol is made up of 50 percent mercury.
I would never willingly or knowingly allow myself or my family to be injected with mercury.
Some may have a severe reaction and others may think they don't have one but they don't recognize the more subtle symptoms.
There is a woman who is in charge of the CDC and she was on the news telling everyone to get the H1N1 shot, when the interviewer asked her point blank if she would be getting one she said no, I am not at risk.
OOOkay.
But who says you can't trust the goverment to do right by us?

I wish I could find the article I read right after the swine flu 1st manifested itself shortly after Obama's trip to Mexico.
It was supposedly a mix of the swine, avian, and spanish (sic) flu which means it had to have been genetically crafted in a laboratory.

Given the WHO's pre-emptive declaration of a Pan-demic I onder just how much of the population is meant to be reduced between the release of the viris and the implimentation of the vaccine?

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2009, 05:05:53 PM »

http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNews/idUSTRE59E0Q920091015?rpc=60

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124113876438075685.html

the mixing of bits of virus is not unheard of.  it's one of the things we have been worried about for a long time.  remember, it's only in recent history that we have been able to analyze the specific makeup of various viruses.  it's only in recent history that we have been able to travel around the world in a day and spread our diseases as we go.

to this day there is debate about how and why the 1918 flu spread as it did.  it's been easier to track the black death of the dark ages.

as much as i love a good conspiracy theory, i don't think this is one for me.  if this was done to create a crisis, they blew it.  they should have used something more deadly.  i'd be more apt to believe the press spread it for a good story  Wink

Alexis de Tocqueville
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2009, 05:35:24 PM »

Here's the part I was refering to.

Normally, bird and swine viruses aren't good at spreading from human to human, which helps limit the damage to people in direct contact with animals. The latest virus, however, is an unusual hybrid of pig, bird and human flu bugs. It also has the scary ability to leap from human to human. Thousands of people may have already been infected.

I don't know KathyP, I used to think that such wide spread conspiracy theories was mere hog-wash, now I'm not so sure.  Maybe it's my Military Intelligence and Police background but I see too many anomalies for it to be a "natural" occurance and the WHO's reaction too much of a calculated, albit pre-mature, declaration of a pandemic. Plus the way the vaccine is being handled is tantamont to infecting the children with a live viris that can, in turn, decimate the young adult population.  The segment of society the most likely to rebel or cause problems.  Lords knows most of us old foggies just want to be left alone to live out our days.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2009, 05:45:16 PM »

as they say, never let a good crisis go to waste.

i don't have a problem with the vaccine.  you and i both had modified live virus vaccines.  polio, smallpox, probably others.  very often, the modified live virus gives better protection, but there are some risks.  probably fewer risks to the kids getting it than to those around them.  remember when granny got polio from changing juniors diaper after the polio vaccine?  or some kids actually got polio.

we make better vaccines now, and the injection is not a modified live virus.  only the nasal mist.

us old foggies are not at as much risk from this virus and we know that the highest death rates from this flu are among young children and pregnant women...and those with underlying diseases like respiratory disease. 

i am not one to blindly follow medical advice.  if i were, i wouldn't do half of the things i do.  i do not understand this anti-vaccine thing that seems to be more and more prevalent.  it has no basis in research, makes no historical or medical sense, and puts kids at risk for diseases that most of their parents don't even know still exist.....because of vaccines.

i don't want to go back to the old days when a chest cold or rash sent a parent into a panic because it could mean death, brain damage, or heart damage to their child.

Alexis de Tocqueville
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2009, 07:35:52 PM »

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/140492/Million-hit-by-plague-worse-than-swine-flu-

interesting.   i know nothing of the reliability of this paper, but i think i heard this elsewhere and will look for more later.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Natalie
Queen Bee

« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2009, 08:50:21 PM »

i do not understand this anti-vaccine thing that seems to be more and more prevalent.  it has no basis in research, makes no historical or medical sense, and puts kids at risk for diseases that most of their parents don't even know still exist.....because of vaccines.

i don't want to go back to the old days when a chest cold or rash sent a parent into a panic because it could mean death, brain damage, or heart damage to their child.

I understand the anti vaccine thing completely,too many children have died from seizure related instances after getting a vaccine or descended into autism.

Now parents go into a panic at the thought of having to inject their kids with neuro toxins. Death, brain damage and heart damage have all happened to children AFTER vaccines.

Here is the bottom line, parents do not trust the government, after the mass thimerisol poisoning of a generation of children and Paul Offit and the CDC parents have the right to distrust the government and it would take alot for that to change.

The vaccine schedule was developed in part by Dr. Paul Offitt who held the patent for one of the vaccines that he put on the schedule.$$$$
That is just  the tip of the iceberg.
People can debate the autism and vaccine link all they want but the goverment has been paying out millions of dollars through their Vaccine Injury Court for years now.
They quietly (of course) admitted it.
If they really wanted parents to vaccinate their kids for the flu then they wouldn't have been stupid enough to put thimerisol in it again.
This topic could go in much deeper and longer but since this is not the time or place I won't but I am pointing it out to explain why parents will not ever allow the government to tell them what to put in their children's bodies again.
This is not just my opinion or theory on the reason why, I know it for a fact.
I talk to hundreds of parents all the time, spend time on some certain message boards and you'll see that this is their fear, and rightfully so.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2009, 09:02:56 PM »

but the government has been paying out millions of dollars through their Vaccine Injury Court for years now.

a mistake in my opinion.  it is like most legal actions.  it is easier to pay that to go to court.  put a sobbing mom on the seat and the jury will pay out millions.  same with any malpractice action.   the connection has been researched and researched and even those who would like to find a link, have not.  maybe they will someday, but that day is not now.

i have my own opinion on what has cause the uptick in autism cases, not that my opinion is science based unless you count socil sciences, and it has nothing to do with vaccines.   Smiley

fact is, we have been using vaccines with thimerisol since the 30's.  life expectancy has gone up and childhood disease and disability due to those things covered by vaccines,  has gone down.

i do think we may have come to the point where we are overdoing it.  we now vaccinate against things that carry low risk and are probably making our children less able to fight of diseases in the long run.  all things in moderation.

this generation of parents has the luxury of  not vaccinating without much risk to the health of the child.  they have that luxury, ironically, because of wide spread vaccination programs in the past.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Natalie
Queen Bee

« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2009, 09:16:06 PM »

The problem here is, all the vaccines that were given in the past apparently work, correct?
As you state, everyone is just fine and dandy because those generations got the vaccines.
How many did they get to be so well immune to these diseases?
4? 6? 9?
I know that my oldest children got 7 vaccines total when they were growing up. That is all that was required.
Now to get into kindergarten your 5 year old child must have 36 vaccines.
Are they healthier than the ones who got 7?
Why do they need 36 vaccines.
Yes, all the vaccines had thimerisol in them all those years.
Did all those people get 36 vaccines with thimerisol in them?
Add that to the fact that this is all while they are injecting a live virus at the same time.
So, 5 years old, undeveloped immune system, 36 vaccines, thimerisol and live viruses=Autism, death, brain damage and illness.
 There is even a question to what causes it?
Not for me.
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2009, 09:55:26 PM »

Got a flu shot with the hundred or so others the navy stuck in my arm, never had one since, never had the flu either. Not making a case out of coincidences either.

be happy and make others happy.
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2009, 01:34:34 PM »

Don't mean to change the topic, but I came down with something yesterday.  Could not go to work.  Sore throat, cough, runny nose, etc.  I don't think a flu, perhaps just a bad cold, but slept all day yesterday.  See right after I said I never get sick tongue tongue

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2009, 01:50:25 PM »

take your temp  smiley

Alexis de Tocqueville
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2009, 05:07:43 PM »

take your temp  smiley

No temp. I took it several times during the day and nothing.
Natalie
Queen Bee

« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2009, 05:45:58 PM »

I hope you feel better Annette. There are so many things going around right now. I just got over strep myself.
My dad got back from his backpacking trip in South America, mostly stayed in Brazil  and he just came down with a terrible cold, I guess they had alot of rain over there and he stayed in huts and all that.
He is 80 years old and he backpacks all over the world all by himself and without a plan in his pocket. 
He goes where he goes and ends up wherever.
He has been on a safari in Africa, backpacked for a month in Russia, climbed Machu Picchu, India, Germany, France, Switzerland etc.
Anyway, they say its just a real bad cold but he said its about the sickest he has ever been with one.
Take care of yourself.

Another thought,
This thread has taken on a life of its own huh?
Who is that guy JP that keeps butting in this thread every so often? He can be a real pain grin
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2009, 06:15:45 PM »

I wish he would go on that date already!!
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2009, 07:35:04 PM »

Annette, last Monday I awoke with a sore throat which led to post nasal drip like symptoms and a cough now and again, but fighting it with Zicam. Thursday and Friday I felt worse and as we all know by now Friday is when the big date occurred.

Most of the people going to the clinic report having basically the same symptoms, doctor said its some type of virus. Take care of yourself, get a shot if you need it, but steer clear of that H1N1 shot right Kathy and Natalie! Wink

...JP

and

annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2009, 08:12:15 PM »

Yes, right now it just feels like a bad cold, congestion, coughing, runny nose and an unbelievable headache (had to take a strong pill for the headache today) But I am feeling better today than yesterday.

Thanks for the wishes JP

Are you feeling better?
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2009, 08:23:06 PM »

Be careful, the headaches could mean fever, make sure you keep that down. Please be careful Annette, you don't want to get pneumonia.

I'm nearly 90% better, more worried about you at the moment, take care of yourself.

...JP

and

annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2009, 08:26:49 PM »

I have taken my temperature when I have the headaches and no fever at all.  

Thanks for caring
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next