Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 24, 2014, 05:06:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Wife And I's Big Date!  (Read 4823 times)
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« on: November 14, 2009, 11:46:17 AM »

Yesterday morning we said our daily morning goodbyes as she stumbled off to work and I dragged myself outta the house to get some work in as well. "Hope You Feel Better" was the theme, has been the theme actually this entire past week since Monday morning, when we both awakened with sore throats. Her in Louisiana, I in Mississippi.

Yesterday evening we spoke by phone and she informed me she was heading over to the after hours clinic for a shot right after work as she just couldn't take it anymore, poor soul, she could barely speak, her throat hurt her so.

"Wanna come with me and get a shot too?" is what she asked. The date was on!

As the day progressed and we both continued to feel like ga ga, our Friday night date couldn't get there any sooner.

I thought about going to the doctor on Thursday as I was just having trouble shaking this cold or whatever I had, even though the Zicam I was taking every friggin' three hours seemed to help some, but thus certain symptoms persisted.

Man, where the heck is she, its twenty 'til six now, I'm ready for my big date already!

I get a phone call, she's swooping on by to pick me up in ten minutes, the date is on!

We drive over to the clinic, sign in and wait two hours or so to be seen. Of course I can't sit still and am blabbering about this and that, because you see, she can't do any blabbering cause of her sore throat, hurts too bad to talk. shocked

She leans over against me and we have a snuggle, waiting and a waiting to see the doctor, each of us feeling worse by the minute.

Our names are finally called, whoopee, we get to go into another waiting room! More snuggling. Wink

We were very impressed with this clinic's thoroughness. So after a total of three and a half hours we were sent on our way, prescriptions in hand.

What a date, but it was, kinda sorta. We haven't been able to spend this much time together in a good while.

There would be no kiss goodnight though, well a peck on the cheek, if that counts.

You see, my wife was diagnosed with strep throat, me with pneumonia. We got some good snuggling in and had some laughs about our pathetic date. Here's hoping to a better date, next time, oh well. Cry grin

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
Natalie
Queen Bee

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 11:57:24 AM »

Oh gosh JP, I hope you both feel better real soon. Its awful to be so sick.
The meds work pretty fast at least in the case of strep.
I was at the clinic Sunday and was diagnosed with strep, they gave me antibiotics and I was feeling a little better the next day and sooo much better by Tuesday.
My throat still hurts for a while in the morning and then off and on during the day but it is so much better.
I feel bad for her, its like swallowing glass.
Tell your wife to take probiotics or eat ALOT of yogurt while she is taking antibiotics(it will probably feel good on her throat anyway), it wouldn't hurt you either.

You with pneumonia, you must have got run down working so much. Its a good thing you caught that or you could have ended up in a bad situation.
You guys need to take some time off and recuperate, rent movies and snuggle on the couch or in bed.
It sounds like a great date but I hope next time you get to do dinner and a movie.

Feel better soon.
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 12:26:52 PM »

I'm feeling better today, she's feeling worse, but the meds will help her. It was a blessing in disguise that we went to the clinic. I had pneumonia about fifteen years ago and was in a small town in Mississippi with 105.5 temperature. For two days my head literally felt like it was in a vise and I was so congested, I had to sleep face down. The Doc said this case is in my left lung and I caught it early, thank God.

...JP

and

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 12:34:59 PM »

JP I wish you and your wife a speedy recovery  yippie chick

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 06:29:30 PM »

Some date!  I hope you're both feeling better soon!

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 07:25:50 PM »

One thing about you JP, is you keep your sense of humor. That was actually a cute story even though you were both suffering.

I am sorry you are so, so sick right now.  Keep the faith my friend and keep eating those good things that will get you well

Sincerely
Annette
Sparky
Field Bee

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2009, 07:39:27 PM »

They could have at the least, lit a candle for you at the clinic. My god they didn't offer you anything to eat. Some Date! grin Forgot the Mrs. would not be able to swallow it. They could have whipped you up some frozen drinks. evil Wish you both a quick recovery so you can go on a better date.
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2009, 07:49:42 PM »

Good thing you both didnt die of old age instead of strp. and pneumonia while waiting that long!

your friend,
john

JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 08:51:50 PM »

I actually felt pretty good this morning but battled fatigue most of the day, but the antibiotics are clearing things up. My wife has her voice back and has slept most of the day, our date last night must have been most exhausting to her. grin

Thanks for the nice wishes.

...JP

and

G3farms
Queen Bee

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2009, 09:07:14 PM »

A speedy recovery to you both.

popsycles are good for that sore throat and help to keep you hydrated and the sugar will give a little energy.

G3

see my swarms and cut outs at https://www.youtube.com/user/soapy22bullet?feature=mhee

those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your @ss is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2009, 10:12:44 PM »

JP, listen to one who knows - rest.  Your body needs it.  Do not push yourself, or you could go right over a cliff - trust me, been there, done that, it isn't fun!

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2009, 12:00:24 AM »

well, that sucks.  the only bright spot is that you two are sick together.  nothing more aggravating than a sick husband draped over the couch looking like death warmed over while you work your backside off trying to keep him from whining.  evil

this way you can share the pain!

get well soon and take anns advice!!!!!!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2009, 09:48:59 AM »

well, that sucks.  the only bright spot is that you two are sick together.  nothing more aggravating than a sick husband draped over the couch looking like death warmed over while you work your backside off trying to keep him from whining.  evil

this way you can share the pain!

get well soon and take Ann's advice!!!!!!

Boy, Kathy, you aren't kidding, wouldn't know what to do if I had a a sick husband draped over the couch looking like death warmed over while working my backside off trying to keep him from whining.  evil  grin

Ann, the old me or uh, the younger me, would have gone to the reptile show yesterday. We have one going on this weekend, I may go today for a short while if I'm feeling up to it.

One of my aunt's who used to be a nurse called me last night once she found out about our sorry date and verdict. She said there's a pneumonia shot I could get that's good for five years. Gonna look into it most certainly.

Who here has gotten a flu shot this season? What about the swine shot? Pluses and minuses of either?

...JP

and

Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2009, 09:54:23 AM »

I hope you both get well and stay that way for a good while.

be happy and make others happy.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2009, 10:41:43 AM »

Boy, Kathy, you aren't kidding, wouldn't know what to do if I had a a sick husband

i was thinking of your poor wife!

i had the flu.  nasty stuff.  i NEVER get sick, and i was not as sick with it as some, but it did go into my chest and i did end up on antibiotics and an inhaler.  i can see how it would be a dangerous bug for some.  the gunk in my lungs came on so fast,  and i was in immediate distress with it. 

my husband has had the H1N1 shot.  no side effects.  i'd say that the shot he got was far better than the crud i got!  smiley

the thing about this flu...for anyone who get it....is that it comes back on you.  my granddaughter got it and was fine after a week, then got sick again.  same with me.  i was sick with the flu type symptoms the first week, was fine and even drove to CA for a short camping trip.  all i had right after being sick was a bit of a cough.  by the end of the next week, i was drowning in gunk and sick again.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Sparky
Field Bee

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2009, 11:22:32 AM »

nothing more aggravating than a sick husband draped over the couch looking like death warmed over while you work your backside off trying to keep him from whining. That Kathy has some tough love for her sick man. HUH?? grin Assuming he was not one of her fellow Marines otherwise I can picture her asking him if he can walk. If he says yes, then her saying, OK GET ON YOUR FEET AND LETS GO!!
JP to comment on the, Who here has gotten a flu shot this season? What about the swine shot? Pluses and minuses of either?
The people that I had talked to with sick siblings with the swine flu and got the shot had some with no problems and some that felt like crap. You know how it is that some of the old grizzled people like Kathy are tough with good immune systems and some are not as fortunate and get sick easily. I am lucky in that my better half has a Day Care and we are around everything going around in schools and it seems I hardly ever get sick until everyone else has passed the stuff around and is over with it and then I might get something that brings me down.

Highlandsfreedom
House Bee

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2009, 12:33:38 PM »

Glad you both are feeling better and now yall can go on a real date right?

To bee or not to bee that is the question I wake up to answer that every morning...
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2009, 03:43:43 PM »

I got the regular flu shot 3 weeks ago it was nothing with nothing.  I don't plan on getting the H1N1 shot though because of things I have heard about it.  Unfortunatey I work in a hospital and register sick patients all day long, so I have been exposed to some really sick people lately.  I hope and pray I don't end up with anything this winter, but I very rarely get sick.

Glad you are feeling somewhat better.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2009, 03:49:22 PM »

i was not a Marine.  i was their navy doc.  grin

annette, i have not seen anything worse about the H1N1 vaccine than with the annual flu shot.  what have you seen or heard about?  i didn't plan on getting it or the regular.  not in a high risk group and have very limited exposure to the public. (thank god!) 

i know quite a few who have gotten it, but have not heard anything bad so far.

Alexis de Tocqueville
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2009, 03:58:18 PM »

i was not a Marine.  i was their navy doc.  grin

annette, i have not seen anything worse about the H1N1 vaccine than with the annual flu shot.  what have you seen or heard about?  i didn't plan on getting it or the regular.  not in a high risk group and have very limited exposure to the public. (thank god!) 

i know quite a few who have gotten it, but have not heard anything bad so far.

Cindi emailed me a whole bunch of stuff on this flu shot and how it is experimental and "they" don't even know what the results could be from it. I will try to find the article for you.  The truth of the matter is, I am a very strong person and never get sick even though I work around sick people. So even getting the other flu shot was probably not necessary at all for me. I had already made up my mind not to get this H1N1 shot anyway even before reading what Cindi sent to me.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next