Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 20, 2014, 02:29:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOR ANY TRAVELERS - who has the smelliest homeless?  (Read 1383 times)
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« on: November 10, 2009, 11:49:48 AM »

Ok... this may not be the most politically correct topic - lol. AND I ASK IN A LIGHT-HEARTED WAY - where have you encoutered the smelliest homeless. We can all pick on the homeless, after all in this "ObamaNation" we are fighting back STRONGLY AGAINST, New Jersey is NOW a REPUBICAL STATE (unheard of) and many many more.

But I have traveled about 15 states in the US, and two island countries. I know with absolute certainy that the homeless in WASHINGTON, DC around the subway (more prevailent around Smithsonian through Dupont Circle stops.

I was there in 2001 with Fred (young man I mentored then) we stayed in Chevy Chase, Maryland and had an easy 10 minute subway ride to nearly anywhere in DC.

We got only this one car, and it was October, and this homeless guy was 4 rows behind us and on the other side of the train - he smelled of death, like a body you'd find 10 days after they died in a house with no AC - yuck.

I scooped Fred by the arm, moved as far forward as we could away, we got off at the next stop and waited for the next train - it was like the chiller in an autopsy room went out on Friday night, and you walked in on Monday morning (hope that ain't too graphic  tongue) just trying to share my trip - lol.

So, we have several people who travel and everyone who may have an opinion as I do about what tourists are in suprise for - and that is only on sense, imagine all of the going off at the smell of the dead guy on the train who walked and talked as we do - I can't imagine how long he had worn those 4 coats he was wearing, I saw the stench of sweat ver body odor or months - it was quite traumaic for me - joking of course.

So our nations Capitol has the smelliest homeless I have come across, but it is unfair, there is rarely 2 per subway escalator, one is a young mom with a baby in her arm and the other in a carrage. The second homeless is a guy, he has no skill, can't even say thank you if someone did put a dollar in his can. These kinda folks are everywhere though, I'm sure everyone in every fieldd (somewhere) would also near rock bottom.

Sad thing is though (I read this years ago now) the average subway begger in DC earns about $130,000 a year and could easily rent a brown stone apartment and live in luxury - where does that money go - man.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 12:52:47 PM »

there are places i try not to take a deep breath.  public transportation is one.  downtown, corners in parks.........

here is portlands response to homelessness.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dignity_Village

they have an actual address and can get their checks delivered to them. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 01:12:13 PM »

they have an actual address and can get their checks delivered to them. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA!
You can't write this stuff in fiction, no one would buy it.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 01:22:06 PM »

Baghdad hands down they smell like walking death

Keith
BeeHopper
Queen Bee

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 01:27:34 PM »

I can't recall encountering any homeless but I have encountered people with a stench of epic proportions just about everywhere, one of the reasons I avoid section 8 transportation ( buses, trolleys, trains, and cabs, even airlines  Lips Sealed ) I frequent conventions where it's just shoulder to shoulder people, you're bound to wind up next to a stinker.
BeeHopper
Queen Bee

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 01:29:53 PM »

Keith

I can guarantee it,  you will not find me there  grin
Vibe
House Bee

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 01:49:18 PM »

Keith

If you can blend in that well, perhaps you should enlist. Cheesy

The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.
- Marcus Aurelius -
lakeman
House Bee

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 01:59:53 PM »

Ok... this may not be the most politically correct topic - lol. AND I ASK IN a LIGHT-HEARTED WAY - where have you encoutered the smelliest homeless. We can all pick on the homeless, after all in this "ObamaNation" we are fighting back STRONGLY AGAINST, New Jersey is NOW a REPUBICAL STATE (unheard of) and many many more.

But I have traveled about 15 states in the US, and two island countries. I know with absolute certainy that the homeless in WASHINGTON, DC around the subway (more prevailent around Smithsonian through Dupont Circle stops.

I was there in 2001 with Fred (young man I mentored then) we stayed in Chevy Chase, Maryland and had an easy 10 minute subway ride to nearly anywhere in DC.

We got only this one car, and it was October, and this homeless guy was 4 rows behind us and on the other side of the train - he smelled of death, like a body you'd find 10 days after they died in a house with no AC - yuck.

I scooped Fred by the arm, moved as far forward as we could away, we got off at the next stop and waited for the next train - it was like the chiller in an autopsy room went out on Friday night, and you walked in on Monday morning (hope that ain't too graphic  tongue) just trying to share my trip - lol.

So, we have several people who travel and everyone who may have an opinion as I do about what tourists are in suprise for - and that is only on sense, imagine all of the going off at the smell of the dead guy on the train who walked and talked as we do - I can't imagine how long he had worn those 4 coats he was wearing, I saw the stench of sweat ver body odor or months - it was quite traumaic for me - joking of course.

So our nations Capitol has the smelliest homeless I have come across, but it is unfair, there is rarely 2 per subway escalator, one is a young mom with a baby in her arm and the other in a carrage. The second homeless is a guy, he has no skill, can't even say thank you if someone did put a dollar in his can. These kinda folks are everywhere though, I'm sure everyone in every fieldd (somewhere) would also near rock bottom.

Sad thing is though (I read this years ago now) the average subway begger in DC earns about $130,000 a year and could easily rent a brown stone apartment and live in luxury - where does that money go - man.

DC is full of stinking politicians

I am my own biggest critic!
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2009, 02:09:11 PM »

I don't run into many homeless here, there are some I just don't wind up where they are.
So- naming it 'Dignity' will confer some on the place huh?
I think if I was faced with stepping up to that kind of dignity I'd opt for the woods.

be happy and make others happy.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2009, 02:16:10 PM »

DC is full of stinking politicians

evil

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2009, 03:06:01 PM »

I don't have contact with any homeless, but I do know that when my boys take their shoes off I'm ready to move to a train car, and that is starting out from in the house! rolleyes

Rick
lmehaffey
House Bee

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2009, 03:38:07 PM »

I've travelled in many states - and many states of mind - and, after some serio-comic deliberative comparisons, using a Smell-o-Scale ranking of 1 - 10 (10 being the "puking before, during, and after the trigger event"), I have to vote for DC. Even the parks of New York can't make me shudder and dry-heave like the memories of our nation's Crapital.

It is what it is.......except when it isn't.
BeeHopper
Queen Bee

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2009, 03:49:19 PM »

Keith

If you can blend in that well, perhaps you should enlist. Cheesy

LOL  grin      You have no idea  evil
G3farms
Queen Bee

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2009, 04:15:42 PM »

Never really been around any homeless people.
When I was little Dad had a family that would work around the farm for us. It was a mother, two brothers, and a sister all living in the same house with the dogs, cats and chickens. They had no running water and only bathed when the lake got warm enough until it got too cold.
They always put out a tobbacco patch and hung it in our barn to cure, when winter came it was handed off and readied for market. Now my Dad was one that did not want anybody to get cold so I always had to dress like it was 40 below, and the heater in the truck always had to be on high. With that said we load the tobbacco baskets in the back of the truck and onto the trailer and head for the warehouse about 25 miles away. I'm in the middle with the heater on high blowing right on my feet and legs, sweating like a pig. Dad on the left of  me driving and going kind of slow, since we are pulling a loaded trailer, and puffing as hard as he can on a cheap cigar. The windows were not allowed to be rolled down since we would catch a chill and have pneumonia in 10 seconds acording to the old timers. Sitting on my right would always be Carl, has not had a bath since maybe October and it is now end of December or first of January and he has a pretty good sweat going also.

WHEW WEE I would always be so glad to get out of that truck.

Not real sure how I did it but I think I held my breath the whole way.

AAAHHHHH the good ole days of years gone by.

G3

see my swarms and cut outs at https://www.youtube.com/user/soapy22bullet?feature=mhee

those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your @ss is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!
beecanbee
House Bee

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2009, 07:53:24 PM »

Well, I have travelled a bit in Asia, and on this side of the world – I would have to say in India they smelled the worst.  They hung out at the touristy temples and as near to restaurants and hotels as they were allowed to approach and begged for food, money – well anything.  During the dry season their hair was a matted mess.  They looked and smelled much like a long haired dog on a beef farm that had just found a dead skunk who just happened to die in a pile of cow dung, and couldn’t resist a roll in it.  I have smelled better smelling homeless on the streets who had just soiled themselves than these poor beggers.  Purely nauseating - from any distance. Lips Sealed

Paul

“I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."  Duncan Vandiver

A boy can do half the work of a man, but two boys do less, and three boys get nothing done at all. Smiley

(False) Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.  - Samuel Johnson
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next