Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 30, 2014, 08:37:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: That West Coast storm  (Read 915 times)
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« on: November 08, 2009, 10:18:27 AM »

Anyone on the West Coast had it?  I am speaking of the wind and rain that has been going on for days.  I think it may have been all the way from southwestern British Columbia down to -- well, who knows how far down.

We have had incredible rain for days and days, the first few days involved massive wind storms.  Thank the lucky stars above, today looks like the rain may really stop and there may be some clearing in the skies.  Haven't yet to see blue skies, as the sun hasn't even thought about rising yet, but it will, we know that.  Still grey outside in the skies.

Sometimes my curiosity is high, and curiosity never got this cat.  Tell me of the weather of my forum friends on the West Coast.  We are one.  Have that incredibly, wonderful day, with beautiful health.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 10:27:47 AM »

Cindi we are getting it down here in Oregon lightting thunder and lots and lots of rain wind is gusting about 40 miles an hour

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 10:31:15 AM »

Ah, Irwin, you are getting the wind that we had two days ago, man it takes its time to travel eh?  Smiling.  I don't think it is the same wind though, it would have hit you sooner, take care, hope all keeps well.  Maybe our clearing skies will head down your way in a couple of days.  This was amazing.  For the first time in as long as I can remember, we haven't lost power through all the storms.  I think it is because Ken set up the generator in the garage so it is quieter.  He has it so it can run our furnace (natural gas) and a light for our bedroom and our DVD player, smiling.  Hope all keeps well down there, Irwin, have that safe, most wonderful day, health and life, gotta go run and let the chickens out, smiling.....Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 11:20:02 AM »

it sucks.  had to go to a dinner last night and just about swam our way down the highway.  thunder and lightning.  high wind gusts.  lots of rain.

i probably have it a little better than Irwin this time because the wind is coming from the SW.  that's not usually as bad for me. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 12:28:10 PM »

All we got was a cloudy day and a few sprinkles.
poka-bee
Super Bee

I am NEVER bored!!

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 07:23:06 PM »

Th night was thunder, wind,rain, very messy but warm!  I love thunder & lightning! Fri afternoon was a soaker, sky turned black & hail, wind blowing, could hardly see to drive.  There was a funnel cloud in the area.  Yesterday just blah with rain & very chilly.  I'm right next to the foothills so maybe it's a little different.  Today just light rain & cold again.  Didn't see the koi today so they might be taking their winter nap!

Jody

I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2009, 09:09:12 PM »

Today our skies have cleared, not total sun, but lots of blue sky, and mild, very mild.  I know that these skies will travel southward, to ease the skies above your homes too.  Good.  Have a most incredibly wonderful day, with greatest of health.  Cindi

BeeHopper
Queen Bee

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2009, 09:35:04 AM »

We got nothing................oh wait....................wrong coast  evil
asprince
Super Bee

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2009, 12:57:13 PM »

We have hurricane Ida coming in from the gulf. It is sure to bring lots of rain for the Southeast.

Steve 

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next