Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 31, 2014, 02:34:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If you could play all day, what would ya do  (Read 3425 times)
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« on: November 08, 2009, 10:21:30 AM »

Yes, adults, we can still play, have fun in our lives, not to the depth that children do, we have responsibilities.  But take your imagination to the limit -- if ya didn't have to go to work, and all ya did was play all day, what would ya do?

This is what I would do, I'll try to keep them in order.

I would be on the internet, hanging out with my forum friends here
I would hang out with my bees (well, that is pretty much a notta in the wintertime), can't see them, smiling
I would hang out with my chickens, just watch them
(now JP this one is for you) -- I would chuck rocks onto my rock pile, trying to reach the sky

I would not do housework, I would not cook dinner, I would ABSOLUTELY not worry about things

So, what would you guys do?  Have that great day, that great life, that great health.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
lenape13
Field Bee

We survive together, or not at all!

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 11:44:35 AM »

Take a long, slow walk through the woods, relaxing and enjoying the peace and quiet.  Then, sit by the river and watch the water flow, washing all of my cares away with it.
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 12:04:35 PM »

I would play in my garden all day long.  Every day.  Then when the season is over I'd go for long walks in the woods, along the shore, wherever my little heart wanted to wander. 

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
BeeHopper
Queen Bee

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 12:18:04 PM »

I'd be paddling on the Youghiogheny River in the western part of Pa.  grin  I have been doing it for almost 20 years, but not in the last two. There comes a time when a man has to hang up his kayak and paddle, I miss those rapids  Sad
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 12:26:11 PM »

Have as many beehives as I want and the time to just relax and take care of them properly

Spend days on end in the kitchen experimenting making lotions and potions

Just go shopping all day and not have to worry about getting back "in time".

Relax by the ocean and walk in the sand (I was brought up 1 block from the ocean and I miss it)

But I totally agree with you Cindi on that cleaning and cooking stuff.  I would not do any of that.
lenape13
Field Bee

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 12:58:20 PM »

I'd be paddling on the Youghiogheny River in the western part of Pa.  grin  I have been doing it for almost 20 years, but not in the last two. There comes a time when a man has to hang up his kayak and paddle, I miss those rapids  Sad

If you ever get back to it, the Yough flows past my house, right down over the hill from us, about half a mile through the woods.  Stop in, and we'll have lunch and play with some hives.  Who knows, I may just be sitting by the river when you paddle by.... grin
lenape13
Field Bee

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2009, 01:01:20 PM »

We don't have any rapids in our section of the river, but we have some nice calm water where Pam and I like to play with our canoe.  Perhaps we can plan a nice picnic lunch along the bank, as there is a county park right there, as well.  If you don't want to play on the water, we also have the bike trail.
lenape13
Field Bee

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2009, 01:03:41 PM »

Anyone else interested?  Maybe we could have a little get-together?   grin
BeeHopper
Queen Bee

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2009, 02:55:56 PM »

We don't have any rapids in our section of the river, but we have some nice calm water where Pam and I like to play with our canoe.  Perhaps we can plan a nice picnic lunch along the bank, as there is a county park right there, as well.  If you don't want to play on the water, we also have the bike trail.

I just might take you up on the offer  grin The section of the Yough that we do is in the Ohiopyle State Park, from the Falls to Bruner Run, you literally need wits to run that section, we also do the bike trail, but there is talk amongst friends that when that trail is completed from DC to Pittsburgh, we'll do it. The Laurel Highlands is one of my favorite places in PA. I am not familiar with any areas west of Connellsville, someday I will.

reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2009, 04:52:27 PM »

I would cook.  I love to cook.  I love to garden.  I'd even putter around picking up a bit.  I absolutely despise dusting, though.  I'd give my eye teeth to be able to just stay home and take care of what's fallen into such disrepair during this past awful year.  I so hope 2010 is better.

cow pollinater
House Bee

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2009, 05:44:56 PM »

Thank you cindi for reminding me how lucky I am. Smiley  While I do get burned out some and have to take a day off now and then, I'm the same person on my days off that I am at work.  I've turned doing the things that excite me into a very comfortable living.  I farm, garden, keep bees and poultry, run a few cows of my own and work with dairy cattle for a living... On my days "off" I stay home from the dairy cattle and play with everything else. grin  Today I ran my usual dairy route and then ditched the new truck for my crappy old flatbed beater and my son and I went and shoveled composted manure into bins for a few hours(he's five) to haul back to the garden at home... Life can't possibly get any better than that Wink

If it doesn't kill you it makes you stronger... Or maims you for life.
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2009, 06:12:44 PM »

Sounds like heaven, CP!

lenape13
Field Bee

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2009, 06:48:54 PM »

We don't have any rapids in our section of the river, but we have some nice calm water where Pam and I like to play with our canoe.  Perhaps we can plan a nice picnic lunch along the bank, as there is a county park right there, as well.  If you don't want to play on the water, we also have the bike trail.

I just might take you up on the offer  grin The section of the Yough that we do is in the Ohiopyle State Park, from the Falls to Bruner Run, you literally need wits to run that section, we also do the bike trail, but there is talk amongst friends that when that trail is completed from DC to Pittsburgh, we'll do it. The Laurel Highlands is one of my favorite places in PA. I am not familiar with any areas west of Connellsville, someday I will.

We've spent lots of time at Ohiopyle State Park.  Love the area, and the falls.  We don't kayak.  We just enjoy the trails.  I grew up roaming all over the Laurel Highlands.  I feel at home there, and really dislike population centers.  I could definitely move into the mountains, far from civilization, and live quite comfortably.
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2009, 08:00:26 PM »

If I could play all day?HuhHuhHuh

Cindi, I DO play all day. With my tractors. With my bees. With my soap and mead making. With my tropical fish. With my snakes before I got out of that hobby. Just anything I decide to do next.

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2009, 09:07:05 PM »

Ah, each of you have taken me to beautiful places, in my mind's eye.  These places of relaxation, places where we can spend that personal time to reflect, to realize how lucky we all really are to be alive, places of serenity; each of us has that capability, to go there, if only we will, in our mind's eye.....I love to hear of all the beautiful things that we would chose to do, and for some of us, this play is something we do as our daily passtimes.  What wonderful thoughts I am hearing.  It has made my day even more special than it already is.  Life is special, remember this, every day.  Have that most beautiful and awesome day, to love and live and share, with health.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
woodchopper
House Bee

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2009, 09:39:07 PM »

I love to hike, canoe, kayak, camp, target shoot, reload, and go for bike rides. Haven't done much of these things listed for the past year because of health and work issues but hope Ann and I will get back to these things this coming year. Life is too short not to enjoy some free time doing the things you love once in a while.

Every man looks at his wood pile with a kind of affection- Thoreau
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2009, 09:45:51 PM »

Greg, you will be again well, and on to that merry way having these wonderful times with Ann.  Beautiful days, with great health. Cindi

doak
Super Bee

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2009, 10:11:27 PM »

I would shoot all my ammo up. Reload the cases and shoot again, etc,etc, and again.
Then reload load some more and shoot again. shocked rolleyes Smiley
doak
beecanbee
House Bee

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2009, 11:25:27 PM »

Play with the grandson – answer his 1,000 questions (first half hour), and let him ride my back
Set some new hives, clean a few, sit and watch the girls fly and work
Weed the veggie garden while sitting on my rump – up close and personal
Trim, shape, tie supports, and pluck my ornamental cedars
Watch the 747s fly overhead on their way to Tokyo’s Haneda airport
Back to the grandson….

Paul

“I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."  Duncan Vandiver

A boy can do half the work of a man, but two boys do less, and three boys get nothing done at all. Smiley

(False) Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.  - Samuel Johnson
SlickMick
Field Bee

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2009, 03:23:14 AM »

Some wonderful stories

I was blessed to retire from the rat race 8 years ago with enough loot and health to have a comfortable and relaxed retirement so I have been in the "life is what you make it" mode for some years.

I took up archery and by some good fortune I am reasonably good at it. Vivienne and I now travel to some part of the world each year to shoot arrows and to spend some time seeing those fascinating places and meeting wonderful people from all over the place. In recent years I have shot arrows in Scandinavia, UK, Europe, New Zealand, Namibia and South Africa. The amazing thing is that we continue to meet friends at these shoots that we have met at other places, so even though the places are new and exciting the renewal of our friendships we have with people is such a treat.

We enjoy our home and our family and visits to the grandkids. We enjoy our garden and our little patch of dirt (about 1/4 acre) although I would have loved to have a bit more over the years at this time in our lives it is enough to handle

We eat well and we have a comfortable home that fits us like and old shoe and that allows us to have people around and enjoy company when we are at home. The only wish bit is that I had someone in to do the lightening of the stuff that we have accumulated over the years. I love the companionship of my dog

I enjoy having my girls and I love to watch them zip past the kitchen window in the early morning sunlight. Their industry remains a fascination.

So really I dont aspire to many things as I am doing most of them right now. I get out of bed when I want to and I go to bed when I want to. My life is good and it is busy and I am happy with my lot.

Mick

On the outer Barcoo where the churches are few,
   And men of religion are scanty,
On a road never cross'd 'cept by folk that are lost,
   One Michael Magee had a shanty.

Now this Mike was the dad of a ten-year-old lad,
   Plump, healthy, and stoutly conditioned;
He was strong as the best, but poor Mike had no rest
   For the youngster had never been christened,
A BUSH CHRISTENING - A.B. "Banjo" Paterson http://www.middlemiss.org/lit/authors/patersonab/poetry/christen.html
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next