Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 18, 2014, 04:03:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Baby Back Ribs after 10 years of trial - simple  (Read 2691 times)
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« on: November 06, 2009, 10:05:26 PM »

I have been trying to master a simple recipe for Baby Back and regular pork ribs - I finally have a simple recipe that works as WELL with chicken theighs and other meats. Try this and I promise you'll do it again with a different meat just to see how it works. Please read the warning at the bottom - because this recipe can get a brittle like coating if over cooked too much.

BABY Dry-Rub BACK RIBS - Beemaster's Own Recipe (grilled or oven) try with Pecan wood chips for smoke.

2 cups of brown sugar

1 cup of TACO SEASONING (ue the large jars to get a less powdery seasoning, the packets are finely ground, try to get courser Taco Seasoning, McCormics has a great version.

1/4 cup Garlic Powers

1/4 cup Cayanne pepper powder (optional but nice bite, not too hot.)

THAT IS IT FOR INGREDIENTS.....

Blend all the above in a gallon plastic bag (even a store grocery bag is fine) the idea is to smash all the moise brown sugar into the taco seasoning, drying the mosture down some.

PREPARARTION:

Dry all meat as best as possible with paper towel, you want a dry rub and dry meat to bond best.

Mix ingredients, coat heavily on ribs, chicken pieces, etc  on all sides until meat is fully covered.

Place in Oven at 375 for 30 to 40 minutes and then TURN DOWN to 300 - 325 for about 2 hours cooking times for chicken, almost 3 for ribs at 275F for best ribs.

You can catch drippings with a turkey baster  and literally baste every 15 to 20 minutes during cooking time - there wont be a lot of drippings on some pork cause it is so lean, but adding a cup of water to the bottom of the pan will help if you cook covered up - same time schedule.

I like keeping it covered up as soon as I drop the temps to slow cook.

COOKING:

Long and slow is the key, these ribs will glazed extremely nicely, having a sweet taste, yet the taco seasoning is full flavor as is the cayanne pepper. Basting really helps return the mosture into the pork.

You should be able to pull the rib bones free of the meat by hand as it nears doneness. Literally during the last half hour of cooking, using tongs, etc., you can pull all the bones out and service this practically bone free.

CLUES TO a GREAT RACK:

WARNING: there is a TURNING POINT where the brown-sugar will carmelize to brittle, very unpleasant to eat, so watch it toward the end of cooking and make sure that the dark brown glaze (what you want) doesn't go hard.

Keeping covered as soon as the heat goes down keeps a bio-derm where the moisture just drips back in the meat.

When pulled from the oven, wrap tight into aluminum foil for almost a half and hour to finish cooking, steaming in the foil and staying moist - it iwill prevent the meat from getting stringy and lock in the juices as it stablized.

Server as soon as this stablizing period is over.

The ingredients should do THREE racks of ribs or nearly 20 pieces of chicken.

Cook the chicken pieces the same way, the normal time for theighs, legs and wings is about an hour, you will be doing the 1.75 hours or so, the difference (especially the theighs) will be a delight, theighs taste like ribs, or something you've never had - sweet chicken with mexican spices is a great cheap alternative to ribs.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 11:01:22 PM »

Oh John, what a nasty thing to read when it is 8:00 at night.  My agenda over the next few days, to read this several times to get the recipe down pat in my mind and put that action plan into action.  Sounds like you have worked really hard to make this the best tasting thing EVER, yay, hats off to you!!  Have that great, beautiful day, with health.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next