Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 29, 2014, 06:41:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Attention "Natural & Organic" Beekeepers  (Read 13407 times)
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2010, 10:56:14 AM »

If the bear (s) that got your hives survives winter it "will come back."  Bears have good memories and "LOVE" bee larva in the Spring.  I use solar electric fencers and so far, so good.  I have friends who aren't so lucky, having repeated problems with a bee loving bear, who has destroyed his eight foot chain link fence (latest attempt) to get to his hives.

His next step will be the organic method of control Wink called filling the freezer.

thomas

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
Acebird
Field Bee

Just getting started

« Reply #61 on: December 29, 2010, 11:38:39 AM »

Bears have good memories

So do most animals that get zapped by a fence.  My friend talks about the time he had getting his pig to go through an open gate that was protected by a wire.  Why are most people afraid of bees?  Because they have already been stung by one, usually at a young age.

Never thought I would do it!
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #62 on: December 29, 2010, 12:00:28 PM »

I think most people are actually afraid of wasps and hornets, wrongly lumping bees in with them, happens all the time. 

I can relate to your pig-keeping friend; we had to physically remove, move or lay down fencing whenever we moved our pigs around (but we eventually discovered that a bottle of beer will work wonders motivating a pig).

thomas

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
Acebird
Field Bee

Just getting started

« Reply #63 on: December 29, 2010, 12:14:15 PM »

I think most people are actually afraid of wasps and hornets, wrongly lumping bees in with them, happens all the time.

Yes, I agree.

tedw200
New Bee

« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2011, 08:55:15 PM »

If I'm not using any type of medication and no sugars, but only natural honey to spring feed and herbs for mite control, am I a organic bee keeper and is my honey organic ?
Acebird
Field Bee

Just getting started

« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2011, 09:40:34 PM »

Maybe!  Is it certified, no.  You can only do what you can do.  You can't control where the bees forage.  Part of the certification is locating the apiary where there is no commercial farming and then you have the problem of urban or suburban chemical treatments.  If you are into bee keeping for yourself then don't worry about it.  If you are trying to sell the honey then tell the customers you have done all you can to be chemical free.  Let them make the choice.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next