Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 24, 2014, 02:14:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: nuc activity  (Read 1344 times)
bill
House Bee

« on: April 11, 2005, 03:42:45 PM »

I just put a couple of new queens in nuc hives with one brood frame each and honey. I notice there is a little activity on the entrance of one and hardly any on the other. Now i think I read somewhere that you shouldn't open the hive until they have time to release the queenand I am afraid to open it. the one that has a little activity is the one that is where the original hive and probably workers coming home have given it some population, but the other one is in another location about 300ft away if someone would tell me if i need to worry or not and when I should open it again. the queens were in the mail all week and had made a pretty good hole in the candy so I didn't puncture it,

billiet
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 03:47:44 PM »

All the foragers went to the old location and are working. Probably only have nurse bees left at the other nuc. They have honey, how about pollen? Perhaps they will be fine until you get a peek.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
bill
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005, 03:58:30 PM »

I meant to put pollen but I didn't eve see but a little and I forgot it. if I put some soy flour will that get me through till I get up the nerve to go back into the hive. they are still chasing me when I go by on the tractor lol I cant remember how long to wait . bust that sounds good  thanks

billiet
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next