Last week I divided my hive into two separate splits, one with the queen and another with eggs to raise their own. Today I went into the hive with the queen to see how she well she was laying, and found three supercedure cells along the top half of one frame and a fourth cell on another.
Even I know that ain't right!
So I went into the hive I intended to raise its own queen, and there the queen was, just doing her thing, oblivious as to my intentions.
Geesh! So I redid the the thing again, this time switching the brood boxes between the two locations and making absolutely sure the queen was in the box I wanted her in. And I added another two frames of capped brood to the box with the cells, which somehow seems stronger than last week, probably because of the brood that emerged during the week and the new foragers coming into it. Hopefully, everything will go right this time.