Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 18, 2014, 06:25:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible I agree with them?  (Read 864 times)
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« on: November 03, 2009, 12:20:20 PM »

Ok, this seems a little (a little??!!) extreme, but ASSUMING that the allegations were correct, and they got the right man, doesn't this seems more than fair?  I would have come up with something a little more creative, except for that pesky Constitution "cruel and unusual" phrase....

http://in.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idINIndia-43639120091103

Rick
BeeHopper
Queen Bee

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 12:34:07 PM »

If he is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, then the punishment is just, however the public display is over the top.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 12:38:45 PM »

i don't have a problem with it if he had a fair trial.  our laws only prohibit cruel and unusual punishment.  beheading is not cruel.  it's pretty quick if the person doing the execution is experienced, and it's certainly not unusual.  we have had plenty of examples around the world.  i don't have a problem with the public display.  it's meant as a warning to others.

would we be able to do it here?  no. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 01:14:55 PM »

Yep, if it was a fair trial it's a better fate than what I'd like to put him through

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
wayne
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 01:21:01 PM »

That is one problem we have here. We have removed the stigma of being outside the accepted standards of society.
 We protect the rights of the criminal to the point that we alow criminals to sue their victims if they fight back.
 We alow far more dangerous people than pedophiles to run out streets after they get out of jail with no supervision or tracking allowed.
 As we began shielding kids from the pain of public humilition for their crimes and decisions we gave them tacit permission to continue their course down life's path.
 Nothing, and I mean nothing, affects a childs actions more than peer pressure. When we hide who did what that is removed.
  Even teen pregnancies went up when we stopped the attitude of holding the GIRL responsible for her decision.
  Out of a misguided fear that we might "Hurt their self esteem" we alow them to distroy their lives and the lives of others.

I was born about 100 years too early, or to late.
cow pollinater
House Bee

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 06:32:56 PM »

In addition to Wayne's comments I'll add that we've decided that "it isn't his fault".  He must have been abused as a child himself and acted out against children because of it and therefore can't be held accountable for his actions since it isn't his fault that he was abused as a child...
Perhaps it's just my abusive upbringing where I was forced from a young age to emasculate live cattle, but I say hack-em off before you hang him up!

If it doesn't kill you it makes you stronger... Or maims you for life.
fish_stix
House Bee

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 08:22:52 PM »

I have absolutely no problem with the punishment or the public display. In the U.S. we would probably place most of the blame on the kids for just being available, and let the rapist off with 2 years of supervised probation.
beecanbee
House Bee

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 09:37:11 PM »

I can think of worse ways to die than beheading, and from the article – there may be few worse crimes that are worthy of it.  If he did the crime – it seems to me that he is getting off light.

As for the public display - I suppose I would feel sorry for the family, not the perp.

Paul

“I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."  Duncan Vandiver

A boy can do half the work of a man, but two boys do less, and three boys get nothing done at all. Smiley

(False) Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.  - Samuel Johnson
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next