Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 24, 2014, 12:02:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Woman eaten by 2 coyotes, wached by hikers.  (Read 5722 times)
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2009, 09:35:20 AM »

Haley (the horse) would always get excited cause she loved to stomple dogs who bothered us. I would just say "get the dog" & she would lay her ears back & go for it teeth & feet flying!  Being 15.2 hands & 1200# with legs like treetrunks she was quite impressive!  I sure miss that old batt!
Jody

Oh Jody, my heart still mourns for you of Haley.  She was a big gal, 15.2 is nothing to poke a stick at, smiling.  I bet she could surely stomp the living daylights out of anything that you said "get 'er" to -- cool  cool Smiley Smiley   I would love one day, when you can muster that internal strength, to hear more of your tales on the back of your dear ol' Haley.  I clearly recall a few of them, but why don't you tell a story, smiling, I would be listening with keen ears.....have that most wonderful and beautiful day, health.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
BeeHopper
Queen Bee

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2009, 10:04:31 AM »

The Wilderness is not for the ignorant and naive, stay the hell out or at least carry a weapon, even bambi will go after you when nobody is looking.  evil
woodchopper
House Bee

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2009, 05:59:11 PM »

I grew up on a horse farm on the NH and Maine border and spent hours on hours in the woods and never saw even one coyote in 20 something years. Years later I saw my first one as a truck driver on one of my runs into Massachusetts. They seem to be alot more common here in Mass. but have yet to hear of any person being bothered by one since I moved here seven years ago. Most of the time they run away from any humans they see or as Kathy said after they get a certain distance they turn around to check you out. We do hear of missing pets but I'd be willing to bet some of those missing were helping to feed the growing Fisher Cat population which only a few people are aware of because they are so elusive.
 Although we carry protection when we spend time in the outdoors it's not the coyotes we're worried about. It's the two legged type we're leery of. grin grin   

Every man looks at his wood pile with a kind of affection- Thoreau
doak
Super Bee

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2009, 07:59:53 PM »

To beehopper.
I live in the wilderness.
I am neither ignorant or naive.

The human's have encroached on the wild life domain. Don't blame them.
doak
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2009, 02:15:41 AM »

Ah KP, you just crack me up. I really like your style If my Mrs was alone in the bush Id be worried, if she was packed like you, I wouldnt even bother to worry. Cindi, I thought you were gentle as a lamb, I wouldnt have thought you would have had an attack horse, in fact I didnt know such a beast existed!
BeeHopper
Queen Bee

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2009, 07:49:53 AM »

To beehopper.
I live in the wilderness. Nice
I am neither ignorant or naive. Good
The human's have encroached on the wild life domain. Don't blame them. I do
doak

Then you know to expect the UNEXPECTED ! My post was not intended to insult anyone, but to provoke thought, at this very moment, there are people treading the Wilderness thinking they are prepared. Like the Ocean, the Wilderness on land is not for the faint of Heart & Mind, it is unforgiving.
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2009, 10:31:14 PM »

Cindi, I thought you were gentle as a lamb, I wouldnt have thought you would have had an attack horse, in fact I didnt know such a beast existed!

Mick, no, it isn't me that had the attack horse, that was Jody, on her horse named Haley, but Haley left this world last spring sometime, terrible thing for Jody, it caused such dreadful sadness in her life.  Jody's mare was a tough ol' gal.  Have that wonderful and most beautiful of lives, health. Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next