Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 18, 2014, 04:15:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW FORUM I HOPE you all use.  (Read 3870 times)
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« on: October 29, 2009, 11:59:42 AM »

This is a forum for you to post links to your favorite food sites, whether a huge online recipes sit, to a bed and breakfast meal, any food sites you love to use and any on-line recipes you wish to share.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Natalie
Queen Bee

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 11:41:22 PM »

I just noticed this post. Good idea! I am always coming across great sites. I will have to link some when I come across them now.
I just bought a cookbook today for the first time in my entire life, I was at my childen's school book fair and they had a whole cookbook dedicated to chicken and turkey and since I will soon be having an entire freezer full of chicken along with a few turkeys I figured what the heck.
I have always gotten my recipes from magazines, my family, friends, the church cookbook they give out every few years and now on the internet.
I love the internet food sites, I hope others will post on here thanks John.
BoBn
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 07:16:24 PM »

... whether a huge online recipes sit

Huge online recipe site.  It's been there for 10 years or so and has over 14,000 recipes:
http://www.thehoseys.com/recipes.html

"Millions of innocent men, women, and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined, and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch toward uniformity. What has been the effect of coercion? To make one-half the world fools and the other half hypocrites."
--Thomas Jefferson
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 03:41:40 PM »

All the cajun recipes you could ever want

The site has recipes for everything from drinks to blackbirds just about everything a cajun has at one time or the other tried to cook

http://www.cajuncookingrecipes.com/gumbo_recipes.htm

Keith
wd
Field Bee

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 04:19:05 PM »

Quail Recipes From smoker-cooking.com
http://www.smoker-cooking.com/grilled-quail-recipes.html

Greek Style Grilled Quail

This recipe is rich with Mediterranean flavors, and is wonderful served with a hearty bread dipped in
seasoned olive oil and a fresh green salad.

Ingredients :

6 quail
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons red wine
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Method :

Place the quail into gallon size freezer storage bag or a large food storage container. Combine the
remaining ingredients, mixing well. Pour the marinade into the bag with the quail, making sure the
birds are completely coated.

Marinate for at least 2, but no more than 4 hours. Prepare your grill at medium high heat. Cook the
quail over direct heat five to six minutes on each side. Move the quail to a cool part of the grill to
rest for 5 minutes before serving. The quail can be split along the breastbone before serving if
desired.

Butter Quail

This is an easy recipe that uses simple ingredients. The flavor of the quail is the main attraction,
enhanced only with salt, pepper, and real butter.

Ingredients :

4 quail
1/4 cup butter
1 tablespoon light vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper

Method :

Prepare the grill for medium high heat direct grilling. Lightly coat the quail with vegetable oil, then
season with salt and pepper. Place the quail on the grill over direct heat, and cook 5 to 6 minutes
per side. Move the birds to the cool side of the grill for 5 minutes to rest. As the quail are cooling,
melt the butter. Split the quail along the breastbone, then brush with butter before serving.

Grilled Quail With Onions

This quail recipe calls for an overnight marinade in wine and onions. The grilled quail are topped with sautéed onions when served.

Ingredients :

6 quail
1 cup dry white wine
1 large white onion, chopped
1 large white onion, (sliced and sautéed before serving quail)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon peppercorns, cracked
1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic

Method :

Combine all ingredients except quail and one onion. In a non-reactive container or food storage bag, marinate the quail in the onion marinade six hours or overnight. Remove the marinated quail and pat dry with paper towels. Slice the remaining onion thinly, separate the rings, and sauté until lightly browned. Prepare the grill for medium high direct grilling. Cook the quail for 5 to 6 minutes on each side, then move them to a cool part of the grill to rest for 5 minutes. Split the quail, top with sautéed onions, and serve.

Recipes for: http://www.justgamerecipes.com/inxmga.html

Alligator
Bear
Beaver
Boar
Buffalo

Caribou
Dove
Duck
Elk
Emu

Game Hen
Goose
Grouse
Kangaroo
Moose

Muskrat
Opposum
Ostrich
Partridge
Pheasant

Pigeon
Quail
Rabbit
Raccoon
Squab

Squirrel
Turtle
Venison
Wild Turkey
Woodcock

Armadillo
Antelope
Camel
Coot
Crow
Gila

Iguana
Parrot
Pigeon
Polar Bear
Porcupine
Rattlesnake

Reindeer
Seal
Teal
Whale
Whitebill
and more http://www.justgamerecipes.com/inxmga.html

Georgia Quail in Gravy
posted this on another forum and the link is now dead did salvage some recipes

Ingredients :

8 x Quail
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
1/4 cup Butter or margarine
1 x Bouillon cube, beef/chicken
1 cup Water, boiling
2 tbl All-purpose flour
2 tbl Water

Method:

Sprinkle quail with salt and pepper. Brown quail on both sides in butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Dissolve bouillon cube in boiling water; add to skillet. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 40 minutes or until tender. Remove quail from skillet and set aside.

Measure pan drippings; add water, if necessary to measure one cup. Combine flour and 2 Tbsp
water; gradually add pan drippings. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and
bubbly. Return quail to skillet; heat thoroughly. Remove quail to a serving platter, and serve with
gravy.

Note:
It is immoral to not have biscuits with gravy. Works with snipe, doves, teal breasts, rails or rabbit.

Bacon Bbq Birds

Ingredients:

8 x Wild birds of your choice
(dove, quail, chuckar, grouse etc.)
1 lb Fresh bacon
1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
1 tbl Paprika
1 tsp Ground sage
1/2 tsp Garlic powder
Salt to taste
Freshly-ground black pepper to taste

Method :

Marinate birds in Italian salad dressing overnight. Pat dry, season with paprika, ground sage, garlic
powder, salt and pepper to taste. Wrap each bird with bacon slices. If you use more than one slice
of bacon to cover the bird match the seams on the same side. Place the birds on a medium-hot grill,
bacon seam side down. Cover and grill for 15 minutes. Turn and grill another 15 minutes. Test the
bird with a fork, if it is not tender cook an additional 15 minutes.

Baked beans, stuffing, fresh vegetables, and bread of your choice would be an excellent complement for this entree. After your birds are done throw the bacon into your pot of baked beans for excellent seasoning. This recipe also works very well with Cornish game hens.

Comments: When you BBQ smaller wild birds like dove, quail, chuckar, grouse etc., it tends to be a
little on the dry side. This recipe will definitely fix that.

Marinated Quail

Ingredients:

1/2 cup Vinegar, white wine
1/4 cup Burgundy, red, PLUS
2 tbl Burgundy, red
1/2 tsp Celery Salt
1/2 tsp Lemon pepper seasoning
1/4 tsp Onion Salt
1/4 tsp Allspice, ground
    pn Sage, ground
2 tsp Bacon drippings
12 x Quail, cleaned
    Butter, melted

Method :

Combine first 8 ingredients, mixing well; add quail. Cover and marinate in refrigerator at least 24
hours, turning quail several times. Bake at 300 degrees for 20 minutes, basting with marinade.
Remove quail from marinade; grill over hot coals 10 to 20 minutes, basting often with melted butter.

Game Hollandaise

Ingredients:

1/2 tbl White vinegar
1 tbl White wine
2 x egg yolks
125 gm butter
1 x lemon
    salt, pepper
2 tbl Game glaze

Method :

Make a sabayon by whisking vinegar, wine and egg yolks over a pan of simmering water until thick
and creamy. Gradually whisk in the soft butter, a little at a time. do not allow it to get too hot. Sauce should thick enough to coat a spoon. Finish with warm game glaze and a squeeze of lemon juice.

Store in a warm place until required and give it a whisk every now and then. This sauce does
not keep well so prepare just before using.

Note - This sauce can separate so be careful.

Nest of Smoked Salmon and Leeks with Soft Boiled Quails' Egg

Ingredients :

1 x Leek sliced julienne
3 oz Smoked salmon cut into fine strips
1 tbl Walnut oil dressing
8 x Quails' eggs, soft boiled
1 tsp Chopped chives
8 oz Smoked cods' roe
1 x Shallot, finely chopped
1 x Clove garlic, finely chopped
1 tbl Olive oil
1/2 x Lemon, juice of
1/2 tbl Tomato puree
1/2 tbl Chopped chives
1 dsh Tabasco sauce
1 dsh Worcestershire sauce
    Cracked black pepper
1/2 pt Double cream

Method :

Blanch the leek strips then cool in cold water and squeeze dry. Mix the leeks with the smoked
salmon strips, then form into two nests and spoon a little dressing on top. Place four eggs in the
middle of each nest.

Cut the cods' roe in half and scrape out the inside with a teaspoon. Mash the roe in a bowl with a
fork and blend in the shallots, garlic, lemon juice and tomato puree. Add the chives, Tabasco,
Worcester sauce and pepper. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the cream. The sauce will be fairly thick,
so add more cream or milk to thin out if preferred.

Top the quails' eggs with a spoonful of the cods' roe sauce and garnish with chives.

Pheasant recipes. http://www.justgamerecipes.com/inxphe.html

Mek
New Bee

Location: Tamborine Mountain "Cue"LD Australia infront of the computer

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 09:01:11 PM »

http://happyhomebaking.blogspot.com.au/

My favorite cooking blogger.
The sponge cake recipe is pretty good.
And the Fruit Tart cake.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: