Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 23, 2014, 02:56:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: swam box building company  (Read 1347 times)
tigman
New Bee

« on: March 05, 2010, 08:37:11 AM »

does any one know the company web site for this.they build the flower pot style.

B1AN030
wd
Field Bee

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 09:07:28 AM »

Your local nursery is option. Many sell the 5 gallon and 15 gallon Sphagnum Peat Moss containers (corrugated paper flower pot) commonly used hung on a piece of plywood, I've seen where some people stuff a black plastic 5 gallon plant container in the back of the paper pot and hang it that way. easy enough but may be bit messy.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 09:40:30 AM by wd » Logged
wd
Field Bee

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 09:35:36 AM »

http://www.mannlakeltd.com/ProductDetail.asp?idproduct=804&idCategory=
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 09:40:16 AM »

i just bought two of those and i'm pretty sure i paid less than i would pay for the same size flower pot.  difference is that i don't think, and have been warned here, that the mann lake swarm traps won't hold up to lots of rain.

i have painted the outside and exposed lid areas wit paraffin.  it was easy and cheap.  now we'll see if it was effective.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
David LaFerney
Field Bee

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 10:25:41 AM »

Why oh why would they make swarm traps that won't stand up to rain?

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." Samuel Clemens

Putting the "ape" in apiary since 2009.
wd
Field Bee

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 10:20:26 PM »

If I were to use these, I would look at the product being sold locally, sometimes they have 3 to 4 wholes on on the bottom instead of one the center,  the total cost, including shipping and tax and compare with local prices. I look at these as disposable swarm traps.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 12:37:19 AM by wd » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next