Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 01, 2014, 04:16:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If only he had been making tea  (Read 1709 times)
beecanbee
House Bee

« on: October 21, 2009, 07:48:41 PM »

Man arrested for making coffee, while naked, in his home....  What is the world coming to?

http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/1009/670443.html

I have to admit to occasionally being guilty of this very offense..... 

Paul

“I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."  Duncan Vandiver

A boy can do half the work of a man, but two boys do less, and three boys get nothing done at all. Smiley

(False) Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.  - Samuel Johnson
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 08:29:12 PM »

He was trying to attract attention?  Not what I heard, she was peering in his window!  She should be charged with trespassing, and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.  One story I heard was that she was walking the child to the school bus - at 5:30 am??  

Here is a more complete article on it

Edited to fix link - posting in a hurry!!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 07:58:18 AM by reinbeau » Logged

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 08:33:17 PM »

it's pretty bad when they start going after folks for what they do in their home.  smoking, running around naked....what next??

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 09:48:33 PM »

I have to admit to occasionally being guilty of this very offense..... 

Police say Erick Williamson walked around his Springfield home in the buff Monday morning and tried to get the attention of three people who were outside the home.

Really??   grin  rolleyes

Rick
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 10:37:41 PM »

They should come around my house in the mornings, Hubby very often walks around with nothing on. He intends to go into the shower, but gets distracted by phone calls or other things.

Stupid conviction
beecanbee
House Bee

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 11:19:41 PM »

Really??   grin  rolleyes

Yeah... the making coffee part, anyway.  Wink

Paul

“I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."  Duncan Vandiver

A boy can do half the work of a man, but two boys do less, and three boys get nothing done at all. Smiley

beecanbee
House Bee

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 11:34:10 PM »

Where I come from - you avert your eyes if confronted by something that visually challenges your modesty or theirs. If flashed, look away - very simple.

Paul

Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 12:08:26 AM »

Well at least lude acts have gotten all the way from the  bedroom to the picture window.  Used to be that anything beyond the missionary position was against the law even if done between husband and wife in their own habitat.  But really, what ever happened to the privacy of one's own home?

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
poka-bee
Super Bee

I am NEVER bored!!

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 12:14:32 AM »

Guess I would also be guilty.  There is no reason for anyone to be near my house & there are trees all around. I figure if someone wants to peek in here they deserve to be traumatized! evil  What was that woman doing skulking around his yard @ 5:30 anyways?  Most likely if she had just walked on instead of making a big deal the kid wouldn't even have noticed. Brian apparently what anyone does is everyone elses business now adays, specially if they can get attention for it!  Speaking of the law things, there are some pretty bizarre laws on the books!
Jody

I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2009, 08:32:13 AM »

Well, I have to admit that I tried it too once. 

But only once...after spending an hour later that day cleaning the vomit off of the sidewalk in front of the house I decided it wasn't worth it...

grin

Rick
hardwood
Galactic Bee

Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2009, 08:35:55 AM »

What ever you do, DON'T try cooking bacon nekkid without a good splatter screen!

Scott

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2009, 11:40:38 AM »

Not what I heard, she was peering in his window

even if i were running around naked, the .45 would be within reach.  if i saw someone looking in my window, it would not be my naked body that they saw, it would be the business end of a weapon.  i probably wouldn't shoot them just because i hate having to replace windows.....   are there not laws against trespassing and peeping in windows?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
deknow
Field Bee

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2009, 02:23:16 PM »

mmm, i haven't seen one description of this story where anyone claimed that he was not in full view of the street, or that he claimed he could not be seen from the street. 

if he was making coffee (and by his own description, it was "dark" out), and had the light on inside with no shade on the window, if full view of the street or sidewalk, then, i think this qualifies as indecent exposure (although if it were the first time there was any kind of complaint, i'd give a warning).

not that police officers are always reasonable, but they aparantly had some reason to believe it was intentional.

deknow
hardwood
Galactic Bee

Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2009, 08:26:58 PM »

Thanks for that post deknow...I was thinking how absurd this was until I saw it from a "law" perspective!

Scott

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
dragonfly
House Bee

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2009, 10:09:01 PM »

I guess I'm in the camp who thinks this is crazy. When I walk down a street, the last thing that occurs to me is to be looking in peoples' windows. If the story is accurate in the accounts I have read, the woman had no business cutting across his yard, and if she was close enough to notice he was naked, then she was probably trespassing. We are living in a society of people who are looking for an opportunity to be offended.
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2009, 07:58:37 AM »

Not only that, Dragonfly, but we live in a society that spends way too much time minding everyone else's business instead of minding their own.

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2009, 03:28:25 PM »

my next door neighbor told us that her mother used to take her on peeping tours of the neighborhood (what kind of messed up...?)
She's still unbearably nosy and seems to think it's normal - at least my instincts prevailed when she pestered us to put a 'neighbor gate' in
it seemed homey and sweet at first blush - but it gnawed at me and didn't seem a good idea and I couldn't place the reason - until we had them over for dinner and she commented that she was wondering why she saw blue (curtains) instead of inside the kitchen.   ninja I'm not up to no-good, but invasive nosiness really irritates me.

be happy and make others happy.
VolunteerK9
Super Bee

Gamecock fan in UT land.

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2009, 12:57:22 PM »

With all you guys running around naked making coffee, if I am ever invited over, how about I just stop at the Starbucks?
beecanbee
House Bee

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2009, 03:23:34 PM »

how about I just stop at the Starbucks?

Starbucks is why I brew my own.....  that stuff has been burned or has nasty flavoring added.

Paul

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next