Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 03, 2014, 03:09:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: save the planet - give up meat  (Read 4870 times)
beecanbee
House Bee

« on: October 27, 2009, 03:41:09 AM »

Could you give up meat to save the planet?  rolleyes

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/environment/article6891362.ece#

This article does not mention chickens, fish, turtles, frogs, rabbits, etc. - so I assume the author is OK with limited animal protein consumption.  I know that I could go without beef or pork - but would be hard put if I needed to give up fish.

Paul

“I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."  Duncan Vandiver

A boy can do half the work of a man, but two boys do less, and three boys get nothing done at all. Smiley

(False) Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.  - Samuel Johnson
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 08:25:23 AM »

Oh, for pete's sake, we are omnivores, we need meat.  We just don't need to raise them in the CAFO model.  I get so tired of vegetarians and their agenda.  I don't care if you want to be a veg, just leave me alone while I eat my grass-fed small piece of steak every once in awhile  rolleyes

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 08:48:13 AM »

Does that mean that we won't want to eat our PETS?

Boy, the mixed signals we get...first we need to eat our pets, then we can't eat them afterall because they are made of meat.  What are we supposed to do?? rolleyes 

Rick
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 09:57:37 AM »

Can I give up meat?

No I love the fat slab of meat cooked just enough so I can't see where the cowboy was beating it and blood heated just enough to stop it from flowing. Matter of fact might go out for steak at lunch today....in fact I will talked myself in to it.

People there is a reason our eyes are on the front of our face and not on the sides of our head we are predators. we are designed to kill our food

Keith
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 10:02:37 AM »

i like meat.  i buy it half a carcass at a time.  it PETA had their way, all the animals would be turned lose to breed at will and over populate the planet.  if the global warming nuts had their way, there would be no animals and vegetation would strangle us.  if you think the critters are causing a problem, buy a bunch of them and send them to starving kids somewhere.  good for the meat industry and good for the kids.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Mason
House Bee

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 10:17:53 AM »

That is ridiculous,

how arrogant can someone bee to actually think "man" can and is controlling the temperature of the earth.

The whole global warming issue is complete bunk.  The global warming issue was invented by men to promote a personal agenda.

You can pry my warm juicy burger out of my cold dead hand.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/columnists/christopherbooker/5664069/Polar-bear-expert-barred-by-global-warmists.html 

Former beekeeper until March....maybe next year...RIP
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2009, 10:33:24 AM »

Don't kill the poor poor sea kittens!  They're just out there unhappily absorbing the vile carbon that us mean mean people insist on spewing into the atmosphere!

(Seriously .  It's absurd....)

Rick
danno
Super Bee

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2009, 01:27:16 PM »

I'll give up my beef when they pry my cold dead fingers from it.  No wait that was my gun not my beef.   Boy i think 52 years of rare steaks has clouded by brain.   Just knock there horns off,  wipe there smelly little @** and through them on my plate
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2009, 03:58:40 PM »

Don't kill the poor poor sea kittens!  They're just out there unhappily absorbing the vile carbon that us mean mean people insist on spewing into the atmosphere!

(Seriously .  It's absurd....)

Thanks for posting that - that's outrageously funny except I can see it making long term headway (I guess they forgot all about dogfish - how shellfish of them, it almost makes me feel crabby)

beef is a tough call - cattle exhale carbon dioxide, expel methane, all around they are just four legged SUVs that taste good. I say Kill a bovine and save the planet - but not too many; just be sure and cook them with a grill powered by a zero emission nuclear generator (the nukes are all zero emission).

be happy and make others happy.
irerob
House Bee

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2009, 05:54:32 PM »

Pass out the suntan oil in Alaska I'm having steak tonite !
With a side of pork chops

You don't need a parachute to sky dive.... you do how ever need one to sky dive twice.
 KJ4QMH.
Sparky
Field Bee

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2009, 06:14:12 PM »

Could you give up meat to save the planet?
NO WAY!!! I'm a meat and potatoes man and will keep it that way as long as I can break it down. Even if it means pounding it down to smaller parts.
I too believe the global warming thing is blown way out of proportion. Look at long term history and it is proven that the earth goes trough cycles and some day will have the cold weather of the past. The same thing goes on with the ozone layer. This is not the first time that the glaciers were melting. Not that people should not be wise of methods of taking care, to do their part so not to destroy what future generations will inherit. I know that cattle and other animals produce a large amount of methane gas but so do we humans. I can tell you for a fact that many vegetables cause us to expell a bunch of gas. SO where do we draw the line? No more beans? Where was the meat in them?
troutstalker2
House Bee

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2009, 08:06:12 PM »

"Meat's meat and a man's gotta eat" Farmer Vincent Smith, Motel Hell.  evil
asprince
Super Bee

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2009, 08:17:18 PM »

If GOD did not intend for meat to be eaten, he would not have made it taste so good!

Steve

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan
beecanbee
House Bee

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2009, 09:08:48 PM »

Don't kill the poor poor sea kittens! 

Liked that one..... Wink

I grew up on a farm and we raised beef cattle – which fed, clothed, educated, and did everything else there was to be done for us.  So I didn’t think that anyone – or many would give up their steak, roasts, bacon or chops - just as I will not likely give up my sea kittens.  I have largely given up beef – but that is by choice, not due to a belief in saving the planet, but simply because I like fish better now.

So for those who believe that methane producing food needs to change – they better come up with something better that abstinence, because we all know that abstinence does not work.

Paul

“I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."  Duncan Vandiver

A boy can do half the work of a man, but two boys do less, and three boys get nothing done at all. Smiley

(False) Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.  - Samuel Johnson
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2009, 09:58:26 PM »

If GOD did not intend for meat to be eaten, he would not have made it taste so good!

Steve

And if God didn't want us to eat animals, then why did He make them out of meat??

Rick
poka-bee
Super Bee

I am NEVER bored!!

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2009, 11:54:53 PM »

There would be less methane if those "chicken little's" would quit spewing "the sky is falling"....then room for BEEF!  evil grin YUM! I don't eat much cause we can't afford it but I love my steaks!!  We are omnivores just like bears & chix!

Steve

And if God didn't want us to eat animals, then why did He make them out of meat??
Amen!

Jody

I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2009, 09:44:00 AM »

beef is a tough call - cattle exhale carbon dioxide, expel methane, all around they are just four legged SUVs that taste good.

Actually cattle are ruminants that do serve a purpose, to the planet, they're Nature's lawn mowers.  The fact that they taste good to humans is just an unintended bonus.

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
BoBn
House Bee

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2009, 01:07:20 PM »

That is ridiculous,

I agree
how arrogant can someone bee to actually think "man" can and is controlling the temperature of the earth.

We can't control global average temperatures, but we certainly have increased the carbon in our atmosphere.  Carbon that was accumulated over millions of years in the ground.
Or maybe you believe that the world was created on 7:30 PM Saturday 22, October 4004 BC, because Archbishop James Ussher said so.
The whole global warming issue is complete bunk.  The global warming issue was invented by men to promote a personal agenda.

There is plenty of bunk and grandstanding.  The various climate models are useful tools that are gradually increasing our understanding on how the earth's atmosphere works.  The computer models were not developed by men and women with "personal agendas".
I agree that there are plenty of people with personal agendas that are touting half-arsed snippets of information. 

There is only one well-known climate scientist that says that the climate change is a completely natural phenomenon.

"Millions of innocent men, women, and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined, and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch toward uniformity. What has been the effect of coercion? To make one-half the world fools and the other half hypocrites."
--Thomas Jefferson
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2009, 01:52:35 PM »

If the Planet needs me to give up meat to survive - it's going to die.

How come we can never give up beets, or other stinky veggies. Oh, they don't stink, but I have memories of the smell of beets at 4am when my Mom got into cooking them up - the air would be so thick with beet aroma, you could taste it. It was being underwater because the air was so thick.

I never smelled a steak I didn't like the smell of, even if I can't see for the smoke Smiley

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Mason
House Bee

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2009, 10:35:25 PM »

There is only one well-known climate scientist that says that the climate change is a completely natural phenomenon.

Libby la la land......  he is well known because he defected on the hoax.  The leading expert on polar bears was barred from the global warming conference because he was going to report the bears are thriving.  Suppose they need another expert.

try 31,000

http://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/al_gore_global_warming/2008/05/19/97307.html

Look who directly benefits from Cap and Trade and you will find that it is about personal agendas.  The fact is that when temperatures rise so does carbon.  Not the other way around as some would like you to believe.  There are even some scientist who hypothesis we are in a cooling trend and that the recent warm temperature were only due to solar flares.   

Former beekeeper until March....maybe next year...RIP
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next