Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 22, 2014, 10:56:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: broken comb  (Read 1145 times)
swannanoabees
New Bee

« on: October 25, 2009, 04:33:06 PM »

I went in for inspection today and one of my bars loaded with capped honey broke!  Does anyone know of a way to reattach it?  If not, should I just leave it in place.  My hive has been struggling and I could just kick myself - the bar accidently slipped when I was picking it up.

Any help is appreciated.

jennifer
bigbearomaha
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 04:45:15 PM »

You could build a frame to put it into.

top bar frame

Big Bear

EDIT: BTW, this video was done by outofabluesky on YouTube,  I didn't do this video
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 10:41:36 AM by bigbearomaha » Logged
Highlandsfreedom
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 04:50:50 PM »

Nice Video!!! grin grin cheesy cheesy

To bee or not to bee that is the question I wake up to answer that every morning...
swannanoabees
New Bee

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 10:27:29 AM »

Thanks for the video link, it really helps.  My carpentry skills are pretty rough but I might be able to pull this off.  What would happen if I left the comb where it is?

thanks for your time

jenni
bigbearomaha
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 10:37:30 AM »

I would guess that the bees would eventually transfer the honey to a new comb, or a big mess will be all over the floor of the hive, drawing pests.

If it's all capped honey, you might just try to salvage the honey in it by crush and strain or something.  melt the wax down I guess.  I take it there is not much honey left to them for the winter as it is?

Big Bear
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 10:22:31 AM »

Jenni (I like how you spell your name), bummer!!!  I am sure that you will find with all the help here, that it will work out for you.  By the way, welcome to our forum, when you have that moment, why don't you introduce yourself in the greetings forum, then we'll know all about you, smiling  Wink Smiley Smiley  Have that incredibly wonderful day, great health. Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next