Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 20, 2014, 06:47:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: space exploration : what do you think  (Read 5552 times)
Vibe
House Bee

« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2009, 09:12:55 AM »

Imagine this conversation by these two stangers 210 thousand years from now. "What's new" Reply "Not much" "How about you replies, with an answer "Not bad" - that conversation would take 13.2 LIGHT YEARS.

Just a  note as you seem to be mixing your units
A "light year" is a unit of distance, as in the distance a photon would travel in one Earth year , not one of time.

The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.
- Marcus Aurelius -
Mason
House Bee

« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2009, 02:20:44 PM »

We will never go to different galaxies with the current train of thought.  What it will take is technology or ideas currently alien to us now or just half baked ideas.

Most of us would answer the shortest path between to points is a straight line.  Even with a fusion power source and traveling at light speed would not be good enough.  You need to fold space, find 5th dimension portals or distort time it's self to get anywhere.  For now this is just science fiction but so was hand held communication devices only a couple of decades ago.

Everything on the original Star Trek is now real accept for traveling at warp speed and beeming.  Even the bio scanner is pretty much a reality with the mastery of cat scans etc.

Science fiction of yesterday is reality today. 

Former beekeeper until March....maybe next year...RIP
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2009, 02:36:00 PM »

I know light-speed is a unit of distance, for clearity sake I converted it - if we hear light-years, you attach some obscure amount of time (such as linear time) to a vast scale, ONLY BECAUSE we cannot travel at such rates of speed to reach such distances.

Most people (I mean me here) can't help but see the simple current speed to light-speed and then it breaks our hearts when we do the math.

Please take most of it as parable, it goes down easier Smiley

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2009, 02:40:45 PM »

actually there's a new product called "Graphine" - A sheet of carbon one atom thick (can be laid in multiple sheets), apparently it can be etched, and spread to the size of a football field, it's also 200 times as conductive as our silicone chips.
One article I read suggests that because of its exceptionally high conductivity; it may be possible for electronics incorporating it to perform previously unheard of quantum functions.
I'm pursuing a career change that will allow me to work with this stuff - it fascinates me.

be happy and make others happy.
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2009, 03:29:23 PM »

wouldn't we PASS THROUGH 5 atoms of anything as if it were not there. Sounds to me like that invisible dog at the end of the leash. All truth aside, if we knew how to create materials that durable at almost zero weight is truely the stuff Rosewell had sattered on its desertous plain of rolling dunes. Acres of material scatter over two areas that was said to have weighted less than a pount total - acres of debree.

I too follow Bob Larsar, Majestic 12, that greys, short gres and tall whites and their particular space crafts. Yes, althogh their ancient ships that visited Earth are just as everything else, ducts and more dust. How many years was a surviving alien from Roswell kept alive and tended two by two men and a small support staff some ten levels down in area 51.

Likely a desert lightening storm shorted out the small gray aliens, as many as four bodies - one alive for many years, possibly decades. I have a feeling to BOOST the economy we will "RELEASE" another GREAT INVENTION using alien backward engineering. We need now that magic ship skin and whatever else technology goes with it. I think there may even be bodies, as mysterious as any that decides WHEN we learn new technologies.

If the final "release" this magic new shapeship meterial that can easily be used at consumer level - like Kevlar and Fiber Optics. I say thew live in the sea, in the great depths aliens live on our planet, all but invisible to us. They are trapped here, and are likely dying after too many generations trapped here. They are old as a race and cannot escape our atmosphere nor trek through space at the speeds it originally did, now it is measured in MPH Smiley

So people believe they came as an armada of ships, of nearly 100 that came here, an accident, I think as mentioned that their metal was never subjected to our atmosphere before and lightning took out 1 possibly two ships. The others have a Marine aattitude of never leaving a man behind - so they have stayed, surfaced as they had too. Observe humans when they can - believe me, its easy to get caught, they have wait for the right moments to leave the ocean depths.

Just my option - but Halloween is coming, maybe I'll toss in a Alien Zombie, a creature that turned zombie while on his friendly alien spaceship - he kills and eats the rest of the crew, infecting hem an they land as zombies too! I swear, space zombies have to be my second favorite zombies - wow!

Follow us on TWITTER

Mason
House Bee

« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2009, 05:11:37 PM »

The next great scientific achievements will likely be in biology and specifically genetics.  It would reason that if we could genetically construct new creatures or humanoids,  we could easily construct humans that would be better for space travel or even smarter for that matter.

Assume we could genetically make people to be for all intent immortal barring an accident.  A few thousand or tens of thousand years space travel would then sound much more reasonable especially if we were genetically conditioned to endure the trip.

Just going faster is not going to get us there.

beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2009, 09:09:48 AM »

MASON:

You are close in your thinking, but I honestly believe (as I write in detail about the conscious being in all of us ) my long winded explanation of Out of Body Experiences - http://www.beemaster.com/site/obe/obe.html  and in particular, I cover the idea that they conscious is a shared collections of lives and experiences, all the knowledge gathered since the beginning of time, which I don't actually know is physical or consciously they are Born without a body, literally the bird of a creature that has evolved to not needing a body. I believe there is a collective universal consciousness  - One (which I add with great pointedness) the ability to move through time and space using CONSCIOUS TRAVEL instead of PHYSICAL.

Spend money getting man OUT OF BODY and able to travel seamlessly throughout the Universe with no restriction and as quickly as a thought.

It is time if WE HUMANS every want to reach our potential (and possible move into the next paradigm of human development. Image if we find a drug that totally frees the conscious being (the real you) able to safely leave the body behind (as in regular OBES) but go on step further - we train it to travel where and as we want, to share the CONSCIOUS BEINGS of that place/time.

I think we can do that and a whole lot more going without the need for ships and hundreds of thousands of years of travel. Just imagine being 12 billion miles away in a fraction of a second, with total understanding everything that conscious wishes to share. I do believe the Internet has a conscious of its own - don't you? We have long ago added it to the NOUN category, surely it may be mans parable of his own ability to travel just using the conscious, not any phisical at all.

But importantly, you must have full interaction with the mission specialsts, give them a live time, play by play of what exists throughout space. And who knows, LIKE I THINK, the global consciousness has been here since time itself, the big Internet in the sky has always been there, it has grown substantially throughout time and we aren't discovering it, we are mearly JUMPING aboard a moving train that has ran forever in all and any direction) cool thought.

NASA: I PLEAD, spend MORE MONEY on conscious projects of deep space and time travel. Just think about this, if you are consciously sitting in the middle of a galaxy that shows to be 7 billion years away, think about how many years you have traveled (relative to regular space travel that is) and in live time, through this conscious connection somehow SAVE THIS DIGITALLY as DATA so we can all tap into the booty with all the magical questions it has to answer. All at our taking a MAN MADE CHEMICAL that separates the connection of the two parts of the human being, his safely maintained vitals (remember in OBE, as soon as you think I need to go back to your body, instantly you are there, although of if you have been away long enough, you will have sleep paralasys, a horrifying inability to move the slightest part of your body, seemingly lasting up to a minute.) where the hecck was I...

Let's learn what the conscious world really is. We see magical examples of the conscious, brain and what they can do. The autistic painter who only needs to see a place one second hand he can draw (almost like a dot matrix printer) a detailed copy of everything he saw.

The guy who is severely challenge mentally (the one who looks like Roger Ebert) who know practically every bit of knowledge the world offers, and yet can't tye his own shoes. The musical Savants, the brilliant minds that continue to come up with magical things.

I read a line in a book once "People will come with such vast technology, any species including us would see it as magic, not technology. The main reason, we haven't made it through all the steps to get where we are headed. I think man as a conscious is quickly ready to go mainstream, even if we don't want it to. I think first part of our EVOLUTION to the next ladder on our races development is unleashing the conscious and all share. It would be magical for all to experience the Universe(s) all as part of our genes natural progressing.

I don't think we evolve alone, we strive for knowledge to get where we are headed. To repeat myself, the Conscious Universe is a train already moving from and to anywhere and anytime, we merely need to JUMP ABOARD - once we join the internet of the conscious universe, then you have reached heaven.

I think I'll put this on a post card and send it to a space nerd and a Trekkie, let them hash out the reasoning, I think everything we do is headed toward enlightenment, I just think we need to stop sending the wrong part of us into outer space - break out the good drugs and let the men/women venture the Universe and then put adapters that fit like ear plugs, sold at Walmart tunes us all in - I don't mind someone getting Magic Jack prices for the Universal Conscious Smiley
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 09:20:33 AM by beemaster » Logged

Follow us on TWITTER

Mason
House Bee

« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2009, 09:56:40 AM »

To your point Beemaster,

energy can not be destroyed but only converted.  Knowing that the living body does have energy, magnetic, electrical, heat etc.  when the body dies the energy must be converted and does not disappear.  If you can imagine all the energy in the universe in a giant bucket.  If you were to put a drop of energy into that bucket, every drop you would take out from that point forward would contain a portion of that drop you just put in.  Think of that drop you put in as food die.

So I would agree that all energy exist on a collective basis but not as individuals. 

beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2009, 07:14:27 PM »

The individual part is a sham, something we are taught when we are told we only have five senses. If we were taught to have 6 or 7 and let us develop the 6th sense and beyond, then we'd all be greater creatures.

But it sometimes like: just because you have tons of phone numbers in your cellphone, doesn't mean you are talking to anyone. I know it is all there, it is linking and staying linked that will test us as a species.

A really good movie with John Travolta called Phenomenom has some interesting premises as the star George becomes beyond brilliant after seeing a flash of light like a UFO. His life is never the same as he speeds through knowledge like I eat cheese doodles. He is able to move things with his mind, calling it a collaboration - he asks the object to move and it does - I think we can do such things, we just haven't gotten there yet.

Follow us on TWITTER

hardwood
Galactic Bee

Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude

« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2009, 07:43:46 PM »

Great movie! I'd love to be able to do all of that stuff, as for the whole brain tumor thing...pass.

I still think that knowledge begins with exploration, whether it be the creation of species, harnessing electricity, understanding E.M. waves...you get the drift. Without curiosity I doubt any of us would keep bees!

Scott

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next