Alright I opened the mold today.
The foundation turned loose, or I'll say over 3/4 of it did.
The release agent I used didn't work like I thought it would.
The canola oil and silicone don't work good together.
Sooooooooooo I'm making another attempt at it.
I've done quite abit of research and went to a site called http://www.Smooth-On.com
They make supplies for all types of molds and I talked to a technician about the mold I am making.
He said to use a silicone rubber that you mix and pour it into the mold.
He said it will work better and less trouble than the way I was trying to do it.
They have a release agent you paint on with a brush, 2 coats.
You let one coat dry for 20 minutes and apply the other coat and let it completely dry.
You then mix the silicone liquid and pour it into the mold and it will cure in 6 hours at room temperature.
The name of the Silicone liquid is OO MOO 300
The release agent is One Step Release Agent and Sealer
I have ordered enough to do this mold which will take 7.28 pounds of silicone total.
I should have it in a few days.
I'm determined to make a mold that will be good and affordable to the average beekeeper.
If this works I'll then build one using small cell foundation.